why do some people.....

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby gayrghts » March 20th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Find they need to go out of their way to bother others.... to antagonize others....

Going into posts that have nothing to do with the subject, and picking on the person because they did x or y while doing something else.

sending people PM's because they want to antagonize....

I just don't understand..... dogs don't do this stuff.... if they don't like something, they just avoid it.....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » March 20th, 2008, 1:20 pm

You want me to kick someones butt for ya??? :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Malli » March 20th, 2008, 1:28 pm

:| Thats the way people are.

I can't stand people. Some get possessive about weird little things, some can't be honest about how they are feeling, and some are totally fake (and dishonest in that).

This is why I also like dogs. At least with a dog you know where you stand and there isn't an BS...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby KJS » March 20th, 2008, 1:39 pm

You know from reading here for a while now I get the distinct impression that most of us here are not really "people people"...if you can follow me...I wonder what would happen if we all had to meet up and spend a week together :mrgreen:

To answer the original question my conclusion is that these 'botherers' either truly believe they are helping you see the error of your ways or they really ,really have nothing better to do
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby mikeV » March 20th, 2008, 1:41 pm

On March 20 2008, 12:18 PM, gayrghts wrote:
I just don't understand..... dogs don't do this stuff.... if they don't like something, they just avoid it.....

Dogs are not humans they are a creation lower than us humans so maybe I am missing your point?
Last edited by mikeV on March 20th, 2008, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeV
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » March 20th, 2008, 1:43 pm

On March 20 2008, 1:41 PM, mikeV wrote:

Dogs are not humans they are a creation lower than us humans.

Hmmm... that could certainly be debated... :rolleyes2: :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby KJS » March 20th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Mike have you not considered that ALL animals on this planet tend to act better towards each other than us mere humans do...they don't do willful neglect..they don't murder...they don't abuse....they don't do revenge...they don't do spite...they don't do hatred of other species...

who exactly is lower on that type of scale?
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 20th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Hmmm... that could certainly be debated...

Agreed! I certainly put my dog above a lot of people...I tend to think she's usually smarter too... :|
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 20th, 2008, 1:51 pm

I always think of it like this...

Look at fighting dogs who are rescued...a lot of times they can be rehabbed and are usually SO loving of people. Now imagine if a person were abused like that...they would not be so forgiving. To me, that shows how amazing animals are.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » March 20th, 2008, 2:01 pm

On March 20 2008, KJS wrote:Mike have you not considered that ALL animals on this planet tend to act better towards each other than us mere humans do...they don't do willful neglect..they don't murder...they don't abuse....they don't do revenge...they don't do spite...they don't do hatred of other species...

Interesting, actually they do ALL those things, perhaps not with spite or hatred but they ARE, at times, "evil" to each other within their species/breeds and definitely towards others outside their species/breed.
Many are cannibalistic, is that not murder? Look at chickens some time, or orcas, (just off the top of my head).

All species
http://www.amazon.com/Cannibal-Animals- ... 0531164209

Dolphins
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-57041274.html

Also, you'll see around a lion kill, adult lions taking "lion's share" and leaving leftovers, little to nothing, for their young.

So how is it they "always act with compassion" towards others, even of their own kind?

**edited: http://www.susanscott.net/OceanWatch1998/aug03-98.html
More on dolphins and how they murder each other.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mikeV » March 20th, 2008, 2:04 pm

On March 20 2008, 12:49 PM, KJS wrote:Mike have you not considered that ALL animals on this planet tend to act better towards each other than us mere humans do...they don't do willful neglect..they don't murder...they don't abuse....they don't do revenge...they don't do spite...they don't do hatred of other species...

Surely you are not serious in that message are you?

Acting better towards one another does not equate to who is higher on the food chain that God has created.
mikeV
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » March 20th, 2008, 2:06 pm

On March 20 2008, 10:43 PM, amazincc wrote:
On March 20 2008, 1:41 PM, mikeV wrote:

Dogs are not humans they are a creation lower than us humans.

Hmmm... that could certainly be debated... :rolleyes2: :wink:

Nooooooooo shyt.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby msvette2u » March 20th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Chimps:
http://www.primatefreedom.com/chimpanzees/index.html

I'm not posting this for any reason than to point out that animals DO kill each other, and hold grudges, etc.
I know it's some nice platitude to think otherwise, but it's also false thinking.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby madremissy » March 20th, 2008, 2:12 pm

On March 20 2008, 12:41 PM, mikeV wrote:

Dogs are not humans they are a creation lower than us humans so maybe I am missing your point?

I know I shouldn't let this bother me and I have kept quiet until now. But I feel your statement is something that is yes, just your statement, but to post it on this forum knowing how everyone feels about their dogs is just an attempt to get something started. Push people's buttons, spark a debate or whatever you would like to call it.
I love this board and I love the information I am receiving. I know it is a public forum to say what you feel. But I didn't feel that is an appropriate comment on a dog forum. I don't want to get into a debate, just wanted to post my opinion like you did. :twocents:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2008, 2:16 pm

On March 20 2008, 12:39 PM, KJS wrote:You know from reading here for a while now I get the distinct impression that most of us here are not really "people people"...if you can follow me...I wonder what would happen if we all had to meet up and spend a week together :mrgreen:

To answer the original question my conclusion is that these 'botherers' either truly believe they are helping you see the error of your ways or they really ,really have nothing better to do

I'd be shanking people left & right.

Mike, keep it to yourself.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 20th, 2008, 2:24 pm

I thought I was the only one who shanked people...
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby KJS » March 20th, 2008, 2:24 pm

No I think you are "humanizing" the animal behavior by using your versions of feelings to equate to it which is just not possible to do...tempting to do I am sure but there are and can not be any correlation between the two...since Mike has claimed already that we are the "higher"and "evolved" species here..you can not make linear assumptions between the animal world and ours ...cannibalism in animals is not murder because they don't have a justice system to have to call it such...its just behavior...as for "evil" towards each other I think not....what you consider evil is just a series of actions and reactions..remember the concept of evil is unknown to an animal..they do not know of God and the devil...they have no concept of fair and unfair...

as for the lions...they are bigger and so need more calories so more food...the babies are smaller and do not expend as much energy hunting or killing or protecting a pack from predators...it may look as if they don't get much of a kill but they get enough..if they didn't they would die and that's not natures way to continue the lineage now is it?..also to be mentioned is the fact that keeping them a little lean and hungry is a good way to encourage them to begin to make their own kills...you see?
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » March 20th, 2008, 2:29 pm

On March 20 2008, 11:24 PM, LaylaWoobie wrote:

I thought I was the only one who shanked people...

Another shanker here :oops:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby KJS » March 20th, 2008, 2:31 pm

I'm confused...do I want to be shanked by Cheeky, Layla and LMM or not ? :| ...should we do it separately or all in one big go?
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 20th, 2008, 2:33 pm

On March 20 2008, 13:18, gayrghts wrote:Find they need to go out of their way to bother others.... to antagonize others....

what is bothering to one person is bringing up a valid concer/arguement to another. it all depends on what side of the discussion you are on.

Going into posts that have nothing to do with the subject, and picking on the person because they did x or y while doing something else.

topics often meander and intertwine with other issues. Of course, sometimes you have members who are drunk getting into threads and babbling, but such is life.

sending people PM's because they want to antagonize....

that is not ok, but if the staff is not aware of the problem we can't do anything about it.

Dogs are also not members of discussion forums, where the whole point of existance is to discuss the topics that people post about.

Mike - no, animals are not humans, though Disney would like us to think that they are. Animals have no more or less "worth" than we give them. I assign more value to my pets than I do most people.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Off-Topic