Fundraiser to fight BSL and support rescue

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » January 12th, 2006, 1:52 pm

As many of you may know, last year Sarah (from another board) and I collaborated on making a deck of cards for the Sleepover (a gathering I organized in Syracuse, NY). Everyone who bought a card got to have their dog on the front of the card and the backs of the cards were a random assortment of dogs.

I would be willing to put together another deck of cards to raise money to fight BSL and support rescue. I have contacted a 503(c) rescue to donate part of the funds to. I am waiting for their response before I list them.

Cards would be $30 and you can put whatever you want on them. for example, a smaller picture of your pet with text under it, a large photo of your pet, or even just text. I know it's a signifigant amount of money, but of course it goes to a good cause and you'd end up with one heck of a special deck of cards!!! I don't think it's a bad deal... or think of it this way - you make a $30 donation and get a deck of cards with your pet in it as a 'thank you'

Of course, we'd need to sell all 54 cards to make the deck and once that was done you would get your deck mailed to you. It would net over $600 for the cause.

Would anyone be interested? the decks were very high quality, heavy card stock and clear printing. As shown on the deck from last year, the area for the pictures was 2x3 inches. I think the members here who got decks will agree that the decks came out great and were well worth the money.

Here is most of the deck: http://www.thisisruby.com/cardsSmall/cards.html

Please let me know, I wouldn't want to start this and then run out of people to finish the deck.

any interest?

First come first served on your card selection. So if you want a certian card please let me know sooner than later.

ETA - the rescue we will be donating to is Out of the Pits
Last edited by mnp13 on September 6th, 2006, 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » February 3rd, 2006, 1:55 pm

you know i am in ... Rufus wants to be the King of Hearts this year.... and he also wants to be the Ace of Hearts as well... so that would be 2 decks for me
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » February 3rd, 2006, 2:04 pm

Michelle where do you make the donations to?
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2006, 2:11 pm

I am waiting on a response from a rescue that I contacted. When/if they respond I'll let you know. If they don't want it, I'll move on to another.

I am looking for a BSL group, does anyone know of a registered NFP?

I will not accept money until I have named where the money is going.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » February 3rd, 2006, 2:13 pm

Okay - Hubby said I could get one card for each dog and we'll donate one deck to the seniors that love Petey & Birdie visits.

BIRDIE: Queen of Hearts or Queen of Diamonds
PETEY: 1st choice - King; 2nd choice - Ace; 3rd choice - Jack
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Emi » February 3rd, 2006, 2:13 pm

Ok :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2006, 2:28 pm

Hoyden wrote:Okay - Hubby said I could get one card for each dog and we'll donate one deck to the seniors that love Petey & Birdie visits.

Assuming you are among the first to get your money in (which locks in your cards) you will get your first shoices.

What suit would you want for Petey?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » February 3rd, 2006, 2:31 pm

where do i send my money??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Hoyden » February 3rd, 2006, 3:06 pm

mnp13 wrote:
Hoyden wrote:Okay - Hubby said I could get one card for each dog and we'll donate one deck to the seniors that love Petey & Birdie visits.

Assuming you are among the first to get your money in (which locks in your cards) you will get your first shoices.

What suit would you want for Petey?

Mark said he doesn't care as long as is boy is one one of the cards he picked.

Tell me where and I'll send it off.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Romanwild » February 3rd, 2006, 4:50 pm

I'm in for 4 cards this time. 2 each for Dreyfus and Diamond. Is that $120?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » February 3rd, 2006, 4:52 pm

make it 3 cards for me. 2 of rufus, and one of the chance man.. so that would be $90 for me. Chance can be the Ace of HEarts instead.. Rufus can be the Ace of Spades..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2006, 4:57 pm

Ok, I'm going to make an order form and a list of specs for the pictures. I'll try to get it posted this weekend.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2006, 5:18 pm

Image sizes for the technically minded:
1.5 x 2.5 inches (450x750 at 300 dpi)
vertical format please
300 dpi

Image sizes for the non-techincally minded
when you open the picture, if it is 12 inches tall it is big enough.

for printing the images must be LARGE, if it's not 2 mb it's going to be too small.

If you have a 2mp camera or larger your files will be fine, send me the file FROM THE CAMERA, not from your photo software.

If it is in your camera software then it is on your computer in full size somewhere. Find the folder your camera downloads pictures to, it will be in there. The software makes a smaller size version so that you can view them quickly on the screen. If you were to print the photo, the software will use the larger version. If you do a search for the name of the picture - as listed in your photo software - you should be able to find it.

Just scaling the picture will not work, the picture will be blurry. You can only make pictures smaller, not bigger.

if you don't have a digital camera, you can send me a photograph and I will send it back to you with your deck.

Image naming
You MUST MUST MUST MUST follow this or you will make me crazy.

Cards are designated by suit letter and then card number or letter.
Ace of spades - SA
2 of hearts - H2
Jack of Diamonds - DJ

In the subject line put your card and your dog's name

The name of your picture should be put your card and your dog's name. NO SPACES in the name.

So if Ruby was going to be the ace of spades this is what the subject of the email would be: SA Ruby The name of the photo would be SARuby.jpg or SARuby.tif (notice there is no space)

The name you put in the subject line and on the file will be the name that ends up on your card. Watch your spelling.

Send jpg or tiff files.

If you are buying multiple cards, please send pictures in separate emails. One for each card.

email to michelle@pitbulltalk.com

Picture Guidelines
Vertical format only please. It just makes the deck look more uniform.

Avoid taking the pictures with a flash, they usually don't look right. Pictures in bright light look best.

If you want your picture in black and white that's cool.
Last edited by mnp13 on February 4th, 2006, 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » February 3rd, 2006, 5:25 pm

i just emailed you my 3 pics
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 3rd, 2006, 9:09 pm

Okay, I hope I did it right! :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Hoyden » February 3rd, 2006, 10:54 pm

My friend the OTHER Eric is a professional photographer and will come take the photos for me tomorrow. :)
Last edited by Hoyden on February 27th, 2006, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » February 4th, 2006, 12:03 am

Hoyden wrote:My friend the OTHER Eric is a professional photographer (Not PB-Smiles Eric) and will come take the photos for me tomorrow. :)

Great!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 4th, 2006, 1:37 am

Would I be able to order two decks (of course paying for both), even if I only submit one picture? Caesar's daddy would like a deck too. :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby panda » February 4th, 2006, 2:57 am

Count me in for Panda, Hooch, Peaches, Buster Brown and Tori

That's 5

I shall try to follow your very technical instructions. :wink:
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 4th, 2006, 1:20 pm

panda wrote:Count me in for Panda, Hooch, Peaches, Buster Brown and Tori

That's 5

I shall try to follow your very technical instructions. :wink:

I got your pictures... you don't have them just a ... little... bit bigger do you?

Would I be able to order two decks (of course paying for both), even if I only submit one picture? Caesar's daddy would like a deck too.

Yup, I'll let you know the cost on that.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk