Naming across registries UUUGH

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 27th, 2006, 10:48 am

Ok I have a quick question..

Do any of you have dogs tht are named different things in different registries???

Touche' and Bodacious's UKC reg names are both 30 letters long and ADBA only allows for 25 letters

I had that problem with Patcheeno's reg name and ended up cutting it short in UKC so it would be the same, but I worked so hard on the the pups names I don't want to shorten them UUUGH

So what do you think???
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmypitties » December 27th, 2006, 10:51 am

thats a tough one.... why do they only allow a certain number of characters?
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 27th, 2006, 11:32 am

On December 27 2006, luvmypitties wrote:thats a tough one.... why do they only allow a certain number of characters?

I think to drive me crazy because I'm fanatical with their names lol

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » December 27th, 2006, 11:40 am

Riggs has two names, it's annoying and one is spelled wrong.

I'd try to keep them the same so all the awards, titles and other certificates will match!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2006, 11:46 am

My friend had that problem and just spelled the name differently for the ABDA, basically leaving some letters out but phenetically it sounded the same.

I think it's stupid that there's a letter limit.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmypitties » December 27th, 2006, 2:38 pm

I have an AKC registered dog and we didnt have a limit on his. His name is kind of long too.... Nevermind only 22 characters... hmmm
Tina

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 27th, 2006, 3:26 pm

On December 27 2006, mnp13 wrote:Riggs has two names, it's annoying and one is spelled wrong.

I'd try to keep them the same so all the awards, titles and other certificates will match!

That is what I wanted to do but taking 5 letters off really ruins the name UUUGH

EX here is Touche's name:
Patch O'T Ill B Puttn-M 2Shame

I'd have to change it to something like this
PatchO Il B Putn-M 2Shame ( that isn't too bad but it really screws up her sisters name

Bodacious's name is even harder to try to shorten
Patch O'T Built-M 2B Invincibl

I 'd have to do something like
PatchO Built-M 2B Invincibl (which is still 2 spaces too long UUUGH)

I hate the ADBA naming rules I don't know why they can't have 30 letters like UKC and AKC do

I wonder if they'd let me squeeze by with a couple of extra letter LOL

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmypitties » December 27th, 2006, 3:29 pm

cute names but I am not creative so I dont think I would do anything to help shorten them... just wanted to comment on the names
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » December 27th, 2006, 3:55 pm

PatchO'T Built-M2B Invincibl

:|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 27th, 2006, 4:16 pm

On December 27 2006, cheekymunkee wrote:PatchO'T Built-M2B Invincibl

:|

That's still too many too

The closest I could get was: PatchO Built-M2B Invincibl

but was trying to keep the -M seperate because it is in their names to honor Sock-M. That's why I said there dumb rule ruins the names. Thanks though. I'm just frustrated

... now there is really no room. I'm on hold to talk to someone else now. They actually are very nice people at ADBA and helpful, but it looks like the names definately will be different because
Now they are telling me if I don't want to register my kennel name for 200 bucks I then have to include my initials in front of the name which makes for more letters instead of less now. Honestly if I had the money I'd just pay the stinkin' fee

Maybe I should just squish it all together
TW Patchobuilt-M2BInvincibl

that still makes 27

Thanks for listening to me vent
Last edited by Patch O' Pits on December 27th, 2006, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » December 27th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Aww crap. It's a shame they can't all be on the same page! It is too confusing trying to figure out which dog is which because of the difference in rules & lengths

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » December 27th, 2006, 4:26 pm

How about

Patch O'T Put-M 2Shame

and

Patch O'T I-M Invincible
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 27th, 2006, 4:36 pm

ADBA names getting closer.. anyone else see how to make it work better????

Ts Patch O B Putn-M2Shame (YAY that's 25)
Ts Patcho Bilt-M2B Invincibl ( UUUGH still 28)

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » December 27th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Ts Patcho Blt-M2B Invncbl

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 27th, 2006, 5:53 pm

On December 27 2006, cheekymunkee wrote:Ts Patcho Blt-M2B Invncbl

That may be it

THANKS

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Leslie H » December 28th, 2006, 10:15 am

Drop the a or t out of Patch.
Soleil is Laster's Beau Soleil w/ADBA, HDK's Beau Soleil w/UKC. Both of threm put a space between Beau and Soleil, I wanted it together, but the S capitalized. Okye can't use HDK (Hard Drive Kennels), I believe because you have to register your kennel names w/ADBA. I was sorry Okye had already written the prefix HDK on her UKC puppy paper, because I'd made it so I could fit everything. Oh well.
If there was no letter limit, people would be naming their dog some ridiculous things. I don't think NKC limits them, and taking show entries at an NKC show is always funny, because you get dogs named things like Lah De Dah's Princess Emerald Spicy Toes of Snikity Snack Kennels West. You're supposed to write this on an entry sheet for each class. There's about 1 inch of space, too. You start praising people for naming their dog Bob and Spot.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 28th, 2006, 10:43 am

On December 27 2006, mnp13 wrote:How about

Patch O'T Put-M 2Shame

and

Patch O'T I-M Invincible

Thanks, I actually have them and a bunch of variations on the name before I decided on what really wanted so it is frustrating that it has to change . I took a lot of time and every word and letter means something ... oh well

I also think it stinks that either my initials or a registered kennel name HAS to be first in it, but oh well just me taking a tantrum LOL :|

Soleil is Laster's Beau Soleil w/ADBA, HDK's Beau Soleil w/UKC. Both of threm put a space between Beau and Soleil, I wanted it together, but the S capitalized. Okye can't use HDK (Hard Drive Kennels), I believe because you have to register your kennel names w/ADBA. I was sorry Okye had already written the prefix HDK on her UKC puppy paper, because I'd made it so I could fit everything. Oh well.
If there was no letter limit, people would be naming their dog some ridiculous things. I don't think NKC limits them, and taking show entries at an NKC show is always funny, because you get dogs named things like Lah De Dah's Princess Emerald Spicy Toes of Snikity Snack Kennels West. You're supposed to write this on an entry sheet for each class. There's about 1 inch of space, too. You start praising people for naming their dog Bob and Spot.
LOL I know the reg name really should not be that big of a deal, but it is...

UKC actually screwed up Sock-M's name when I registered her and also Starlit's and I had them redo both sets of papers. I had luckily made a copy of the original before I sent in to them. So I didn't have to pay to have it fixed since it was their mistake and I followed the naming rules :)

You mean :
Lah De Dah's Princess Emerald Spicy Toes of Snikity Snack Kennels West Is taken LOL I was going to use that one LOL

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » December 28th, 2006, 11:11 am

On December 28 2006, 09:15, Leslie H wrote:Lah De Dah's Princess Emerald Spicy Toes of Snikity Snack Kennels West

Well, now I know what Ruby's registered name is going to be...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 28th, 2006, 1:13 pm

On December 28 2006, mnp13 wrote:
On December 28 2006, 09:15, Leslie H wrote:Lah De Dah's Princess Emerald Spicy Toes of Snikity Snack Kennels West

Well, now I know what Ruby's registered name is going to be...
but take out the emerald and change it to Ruby and put your initials infront of it LOL :wink:

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Conformation