AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER CLUB OF NEW ENGLAND

Mar 10; Steven Palinkas (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Snow-B
Entries 8:30-9:30 am
Pull 10 am

Mar 11; Steven Palinkas (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Snow-B
Entries 8:30-9:30 am
Pull 10 am

DOS $20, $10; PE $15, $10 received by March 3, 2007
Tractor Supply Company (TSC), 380 New Hartford Rd (Rt. 44) 06063-3200; From Hartford, take Rt. 44 west 24 miles. From Rt. 84 Waterbury; take Rt. 8 to end. Go east on Rt. 44 1 mile.
Chairperson: Leslie Haller (860) 868-9729 lesliehaller@yahoo.com
Event Secretary: Douglas Hamilton, 292 Grassy Hill Road, Lyme CT 06371-3302 (860) 434-3565 bluemoonkennel@sbcglobal.net

*edited by Marinepits to add to calendar*
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » December 27th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Is this only a weight pull or will there be other events as well?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » December 27th, 2006, 4:51 pm

On December 27 2006, mnp13 wrote:Is this only a weight pull or will there be other events as well?

Just the pull but if you decide to go for the Versatility CH title you need the snow pull.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2006, 4:52 pm

I think I'll be coming down for this one. The "snow pull" aspect was brought up the other night, but I'm unfamiliar with it. Is it a sled? What if there's no snow? I'm interested in learning more . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hoyden » December 27th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Michelle & Alyssa - You can stay at my house with the dogs, let me know so I can make arrangements.

I'll plan on bringing the Gremlin to watch.

HA, now I have something to bribe the little brat with.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » December 27th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Hmmmm....

That would bring the cost down considerably. I'll look into my "travel budget" I may leave Ruby with Demo or my parents if I come.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » December 27th, 2006, 5:27 pm

On December 27 2006, 4:17 PM, mnp13 wrote:Hmmmm....

That would bring the cost down considerably. I'll look into my "travel budget" I may leave Ruby with Demo or my parents if I come.

Riggs can have a weekend of working with the Gremlin. You can pretty much direct her to do what ever you'd like, when it comes to dogs, that kid listens.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2006, 5:34 pm

On December 27 2006, 5:27 PM, Hoyden wrote:
On December 27 2006, 4:17 PM, mnp13 wrote:Hmmmm....

Riggs can have a weekend of working with the Gremlin. You can pretty much direct her to do what ever you'd like, when it comes to dogs, that kid listens.

She'd have Riggs and Mike to work with . . . she'd be psyched!! And Wally to make nests for. LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Big_Ant » December 27th, 2006, 5:38 pm

On 12/27/2006 1:34 PM, SisMorphine wrote:And Wally to make nests for. LOL!

Wally sounds like a really disturbed dog, based on your descriptions that is! :D

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2006, 5:43 pm

On December 27 2006, 5:38 PM, Big_Ant wrote:
On 12/27/2006 1:34 PM, SisMorphine wrote:And Wally to make nests for. LOL!

Wally sounds like a really disturbed dog, based on your descriptions that is! :D

- Anthony

Hahaha!! The problem is that Wally isn't a dog . . . at least he doesn't think so and neither do I. He's my emotionally abusive boyfriend.

Here's the Gremlin and Wally and one of the nests she made for him:
SisMorphine

Postby Big_Ant » December 27th, 2006, 5:51 pm

On 12/27/2006 1:43 PM, SisMorphine wrote:He's my emotionally abusive boyfriend.

Vibrators and Greyhound Boyfriends, DAMN you live a wild life!!! :wink:

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2006, 6:22 pm

On December 27 2006, 5:51 PM, Big_Ant wrote:
On 12/27/2006 1:43 PM, SisMorphine wrote:He's my emotionally abusive boyfriend.

Vibrators and Greyhound Boyfriends, DAMN you live a wild life!!! :wink:

- Anthony

You'd better believe it. We're crazy up here in New England!!
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » December 29th, 2006, 2:04 pm

On December 27 2006, 15:51, Karen wrote:
On December 27 2006, mnp13 wrote:Is this only a weight pull or will there be other events as well?

Just the pull but if you decide to go for the Versatility CH title you need the snow pull.

What are the requirements for a versitility CH?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » December 31st, 2006, 11:06 pm

You need the 100 points for the regular CH and one or more legs to that has to be on rails or snow. For another title 100 has to be on snow, 100 rails, 100 wheels, I don't remember which it is but that's a lot a pullin, more than I think I want to do with Dilly.

The club has a website, it's a fledgeling but growing
http://www.APBTCofNE.com
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Leslie H » January 1st, 2007, 8:15 pm

From UKC

2. United Weight Pull Champion (UWPCH). A dog must earn the United Weight Puller title before it is eligible to earn points toward the United Weight Pull Champion title. A dog must then earn 100 additional championship points in accordance with the Championship Points Schedule in Section XXX, paragraph C to become a United Weight Pull Champion.

3. United Weight Pull Champion Excellent (UWPCHX). A dog must earn the United Weight Pull Champion (UWPCH) title before it is eligible to earn points toward the United Weight Pull Champion Excellent title. A dog must then earn 250 additional championship points in accordance with the Championship Points Schedule in Section XXX, paragraph C. below to become a United Weight Pull Champion Excellent.

4. United Weight Pull Champion Versatile (UWPCHV). A dog must earn the United Weight Puller (UWP) title before it is eligible to earn points toward the United Weight Pull Champion Versatle title. A dog must then earn an additional 100 points on one weighted vehicle and an additional 100 points, which may be earned on any combination of at least two types of weighted vehicles. Championship points are awarded in accordance with the Championship Points Schedule in Section XXX, paragraph C.

5. United Weight Pull Champion Outstanding (UWPCHO). A dog must earn the United Weight Puller (UWP) title before it is eligible to earn points toward the United Weight Pull Champion Outstanding title. A dog must then earn 100 additional championship points each on two different types of weighted vehicles. Championship points are awarded in accor- dance with the Championship Points Schedule in Section XXX, paragraph C.

6. United Weight Pull Champion Supreme (UWPCHS). A dog must earn the United Weight Puller (UWP) title before it is eligible to earn points toward the United Weight Pull Champion Supreme title. A dog must then earn 100 additional championship points on each type of weighted vehicle (rail cart, sled, wheeled cart.) Championship points are awarded in accordance with the Championship Points Schedule in Section XXX, paragraph C.

UKC rules confuse me. Xanny has a total of 250 points beyond her UWP. They are all on wheels. She has earned her UWPCH, I think to get Versatile, she needs to just get a qualifying pull on either rails or snow. I'm not sure. But I am sure of one thing, she's not pulling on snow. So, I'll be at this show (chairperson), but I won't be competing.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Wanderer » January 5th, 2007, 11:31 am

Is this the kind of thing you can bring your dog to even if you are not competing? We really want to get Rocky into some thing like this but I have no idea where to start...I figured going to watch an event would be a good place :|
Wanderer
Just Whelped

Postby Leslie H » January 6th, 2007, 8:58 pm

You're welcome to come and bring your dog. There will be certain places your dog can not be, to avoid distraction for the dogs that are pulling. If you want to watch up close, your dog can't really be with you at those moments, but if you stay further back, your dog can be w/you. The on deck area (where the next contestant waits, behind the sled), along the pull chute sides, from the start line, and at the pull exit, all are off limits to dogs. People w/dogs usually stand further back along the sides.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Karen » January 30th, 2007, 8:25 am

EVENT SITE CHANGE: Ski Sundown, 126 Ratlum Road 06057 http://www.skisundown.com FROM ORIGINAL SITE: EAST on US-44 4.6 miles. Turn LEFT onto CT-219. 1.4 miles. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto RATLUM RD. 0.4 Est. Time: 11 minutes. (Total Est. Distance: 6.51 miles). NEW DIRECTIONS. Greater Hartford Area: Rt. 44W to Rt. 219 in New Hartford. Turn right on Rt. 219N. Go 1.5 miles, turn right on Ratlum Rd. Sundown is .5 miles on right. Northern Fairfield County - Danbury area: I-84E to Rt. 8N in Waterbury. Stay on Rt. 8N to Exit 44. Take right off exit onto Rt. 202E for 5.5 miles to Rt. 219N. Take a left onto Rt. 219N and go 6.5 miles, turn right on Ratlum Rd. Ski Sundown is .5 mile on the right. Northern Hartford County (Bradley Airport area): From I-91N or S, Exit 40 to Rt. 20W (Granby) to Rt. 219S. 5 miles to Ratlum Rd. Left on Ratlum Rd (note: names changes to Warner Rd.) Proceed straight to Ski Sundown entrance on left (approx. 2 miles).
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 20th, 2007, 5:36 pm

So, this event is about two weeks away! Who's going to attend? :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Karen » February 28th, 2007, 3:15 pm

We'll be going and Rowdy will be here yay! He's coming this weekend.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to North East