The required Intro :)

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Hoyden » January 11th, 2006, 1:33 am

I see familiar names & pitties! :) Hi, Guys!

Okay, back to business

Hello, my name is Noel. I live in Prospect, Connecticut.

I have two Pit Bulls. Petey, who we adopted when he was 5-1/2 weeks old. He will be nine years old in March. He's a friendly out going boy who loves people, especially kids, has the patience of Job, does great with other dogs and animals and is too smart for his own fur.

And my sweet Birdie, who we adopted in June 2005. She will be two years old in April (according to the vet). She is a rescue dog who has come a long way from a yucky part of Long Island. I am currently training her to be a service dog for my own use. She is doing really great and I am very proud of her.

About me? I work in Media Advertising. (Did I mention that I HATE the media?) I am a military brat who grew-up overseas. Since we moved so much, we couldn't have a dog, so I used to try to hang out at the kennel on base when they would let me.

I've been working with dogs for over 20 years. At 11 years old, I started volunteering with a vet in Italy, feeding and walking the dogs at the kennel and helping with the other chores. I worked with her for four years before we moved again. Since then I have volunteered at several shelters and humane societies and worked with Animal Control for a short time. And that is were I fell in love with pit bulls.

I am married to my very own Devil Dog (Marine) and we have two daughters, Autumn, 14 years old and Cailin, aka the Gremlin, who is 4 years old.

Since I am entirely TOO long winded, I hope this is enough info!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby turtle » January 11th, 2006, 2:25 am

Hi Noel! Welcome! Your dogs are very cute!
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 11th, 2006, 5:24 am

Welcome Noel!

Your dogs are beautiful! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby BullyVW » January 11th, 2006, 6:50 am

Welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing more about you and your experiences.
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 7:06 am

:wave:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 11th, 2006, 9:03 am

Welcome!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » January 11th, 2006, 9:09 am

Romanwild
I live here

Postby girlie » January 11th, 2006, 10:18 am

Hey Hey Noel...........
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » January 11th, 2006, 10:33 am

Noooeeellllll!!!!!!!

You, long winded?......nah.......LOL!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 11th, 2006, 10:35 am

Welcome, Noel!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Sue » January 11th, 2006, 11:23 am

Hey there :)
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2006, 11:28 am

Hi!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Hoyden » January 11th, 2006, 12:51 pm

Purple wrote:Noooeeellllll!!!!!!!

You, long winded?......nah.......LOL!!

Thanks for the invite :)
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby a-bull » January 11th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Welcome!

Know anywhere to buy a nice dog collar?? :wink: :wink:
a-bull
I live here

Postby Hoyden » January 11th, 2006, 1:38 pm

a-bull wrote:Welcome!

Know anywhere to buy a nice dog collar?? :wink: :wink:

From ME!

I just posted more and have more a few more designs to finish after I get the current orders shipped.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Maryellen » January 11th, 2006, 1:48 pm

collars?? whats this you make collars??????????? what kind? what style? website??? pictures of your collars????????
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Hoyden » January 11th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Maryellen wrote:collars?? whats this you make collars??????????? what kind? what style? website??? pictures of your collars????????

I make collars for pitbulls and bully breeds mostly.

All your questions can be answered by going to Pete's Dog Gear. Here's a link to my temporary site.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/petes_dog_gear/

Scroll through and you'll see the styles and designs. There are several pages so make sure you look on the bottom for the "Previous 20" button to go back.

There are some pictures here too: http://photobucket.com/albums/c326/PetesDogGear/Collars/

My favorite style is the limited slip collar and looks like this one Image

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Maryellen » January 11th, 2006, 4:28 pm

i just checked out your site. awesome collars...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby GreddyGirl » January 11th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Awesome collars! Welcome :D
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2006, 6:27 pm

You need to post this in the Cafepress forum! I know it isn't Cafe press stuff but it may bring you some business anyway!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Introductions