brand new to this forum!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby chance's mom » February 12th, 2006, 1:43 am

hello all, my name is lacy, and my bf chris and i have a wonderful apbt named chance. he is 16mos old, and 70lbs. we live in san diego and love our boy. we train chance ourselves, my previous pet is a retired lapd swat dog. i chance is very knowledgable, loves everyone and loves other dogs. he is curious towards cats but they dont ever seem to like him too much, haha. anyhow, we we introduced to this forum by a dog named "dryfus" that we know from another forum. so hello all fello abpt, staffy and abt lovers!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby chance's mom » February 12th, 2006, 2:06 am

sorry i forgot, here are some pics of chance!

chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby panda » February 12th, 2006, 3:08 am

:greenWave: welcome Lacy & Chance

Chance is a beautiful boy :heartbeat:
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 12th, 2006, 8:26 am

welcome!! chance is gorgeous!! how did you fall in love with the breed? is chance going to be a working dog? pet dog? how is the new CA bill affecting you? or is it?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » February 12th, 2006, 12:28 pm

Love the pics!! welcome to the forum!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby chance's mom » February 12th, 2006, 1:13 pm

thank you, i actually didnt fall in love with the breed at first. i was attacked by a nieghbors pit bull and rotwieler while walking our german/australian shepard police dog, that left me terrified. i guess when something terrifies me i want to to understand it or at least know more about it. so i started researching, reading and educating myself on the breed. learning their history, their characteristics and speaking with people who have or currently own them! i looked for months until we found chance. i fell in love with him and had to have him! now i will admit that i did get him from a byb (before i knew better of course), i also wanted a dog i was sure of the temperment of since i was new to the breed in all honesty.
what i did not know was that when i was a baby, my dad had an apbt and he was raised around them as well.
i fell in love with chance, and every apbt i met from their on. i hate when i see irresponsible owners who dont care enough to research something they plan to bring into their lives and homes for years! you wouldnt have a child without learning what the do's and dont's are about raising a child right? sorry my own opinion there.
after having a dog with all the training as my police dog did, it is hard to start over. chance was easy to train though! i spend a lot of time working with him and he responds very well to positive reinforcement and excersise. he is the biggest baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he loves flopping down on top of me and loves his attention. he still thinks he weighs 20lbs, and that he is a lap dog. anyhow, i want to get him into what chris fraize (sp? sorry) does. i am not very good with the showing and agility terms. i would love to see how he would do with weight pulling. truth is all of that is new to me! i have never had a dog or any friends who do these things. so i am everyday learning something new and trying to get an idea where to start. i moved to cali from florida, so i still dont know a lot of people.
thanks again for the complements they go straight to chance's head :)
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 12th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Hi there! I recognize you and Chance from the other forum. Nice to see you made it here!

He is a doll! Love the markings! I'm a sucker for a flashy dog! :P
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Emi » February 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm

:hello: and welcome Chance is a cutie .. 8)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Judy » February 12th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Hello, and welcome!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 12th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 12th, 2006, 7:00 pm

i was attacked by a nieghbors pit bull and rotwieler while walking our german/australian shepard police dog, that left me terrified. i guess when something terrifies me i want to to understand it or at least know more about it. so i started researching, reading and educating myself on the breed. learning their history, their characteristics and speaking with people who have or currently own them!

that is VERY impressive.

Welcome.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » February 12th, 2006, 8:06 pm

holy cow, you were attacked by one and yet you got one!! I am glad to see you didnt follow the media hype.. they are a great breed if correctly bred.. Welcome to the forum. and chance is gorgeous!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby chance's mom » February 12th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Maryellen wrote:holy cow, you were attacked by one and yet you got one!! I am glad to see you didnt follow the media hype.. they are a great breed if correctly bred.. Welcome to the forum. and chance is gorgeous!!

thank you very much! he is my angel! i could never have thought i would be soo blessed as to have such a wonderful dog! my boyfriend always wanted a bull terrier, as he would call it "the target dog" hehehehe. he helped me learn that they are a wonderful breed and have so many goofy and loyal qualities! i have him to thank for making me face my fear and he is the one who got chance for me when we moved in together out here where i was far away from fl and ga and all my family! i guess i have my two angels!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby bustersmama » February 14th, 2006, 5:39 pm

:hello:
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby kymn25 » February 14th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Welcome Lacy and Chance. He's soooo Handsome :drool: I am such a sucker for dogs with white heads. :|
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby annieinpa » February 14th, 2006, 8:44 pm

He's soooo adorable!!! were you on pbp?? I remembered a chances mom on there.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby chance's mom » February 14th, 2006, 9:44 pm

yes i am also on pbf, i stay as active as i can and learn as much as i can. i figure the more active i can stay, the more peitions i can sign and more work i can find fighting bsl and the people who support it! well plus i just love seeing more pics of everyone's puppy, and meeting all those who like me love the breed!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Introductions