DIck Cheney shot someone

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby cheekymunkee » February 12th, 2006, 5:44 pm

I'm sorry but I find this hysterical!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_ ... g_accident

ASHINGTON - Vice President
Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed him with shotgun pellets on Saturday while the two were hunting at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Whittington was mostly injured on his right side, with the pellets hitting his cheek, neck and chest, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Whittington was in stable condition Sunday, said Yvonne Wheeler, spokeswoman for the Christus Spohn Health System.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice president was with Whittington, a lawyer from Austin, Texas, and his wife at the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

Armstrong said she was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out of the vehicle to shot at a covey of quail late afternoon on Saturday.

Whittington shot a bird and went to look for it in the tall grass, while Cheney and the third hunter walked to another spot and found a second covey.

Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," Armstrong told the Associated Press in an interview.

"The vice president didn't see him," she continued. "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

The shooting was first reported by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

She said Whittington was bleeding but not very seriously injured, and Cheney was very apologetic.

"It broke the skin," she said. "It knocked him silly. But he was fine. He was talking. His eyes were open. It didn't get in his eyes or anything like that."

She said emergency personnel traveling with Cheney tended to Whittington, holding his face and cleaning up the blood.

"Fortunately, the vice president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there and probably more cautious than we would have been," she said. "The vice president has got an ambulance on call, so the ambulance came."

Armstrong said Cheney is a longtime friend who comes to the ranch to hunt about once a year. She said Whittington is a regular, too, but she thought it was the first time the two men hunted together.

"This is something that happens from time to time. You now, I've been peppered pretty well myself," said Armstrong.

___

Associated Press writer Paul Weber in Dallas contributed to this report.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pibblegrl » February 13th, 2006, 7:31 pm

I read it in the newspaper today and almost died laughing. :backRoll: Way to go Dickie Boy!!!
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 13th, 2006, 11:32 pm

lol everyone makes mistakes so worse than others. I was peeing my pants today on the way to work the radio talk people were calling him Dead Eye Dick! hehehe
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » February 14th, 2006, 12:11 am

John Stewart is KILLING him!! :backRoll: :backRoll:

My daughter was born in the hospital the attorney is in.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » February 14th, 2006, 3:11 am

"Would you rather go hunting with Dick Cheney or riding in a car over a bridge with Ted Kennedy?"

:ROFL2:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby bullymommy » February 14th, 2006, 5:04 am

gotta love being the VP! how many hunter shooting hunter accidents are there per year? and this one gets headlines just because its cheney. who F-ing cares. get over it already! (not a bush and cheney fan just tired of hearing about it already)
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby msvette2u » February 14th, 2006, 11:18 am

Right...as if it never happened before. When I told my husband of it, he said he's been on both ends of the gun during the occasional occurances!! :o
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 11:25 am

"Fortunately, the vice president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there and probably more cautious than we would have been," she said. "The vice president has got an ambulance on call, so the ambulance came."

If the guyis so sick that medical personell trailing him everywhere and has an ambulance on call why exactly is he second in command for the country? It sounds like they are concerned he's going to keel over any minute.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » February 14th, 2006, 11:31 am

I thought this was funny!!
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 14th, 2006, 11:49 am

mnp13 wrote:

If the guyis so sick that medical personell trailing him everywhere and has an ambulance on call why exactly is he second in command for the country? It sounds like they are concerned he's going to keel over any minute.

And if he's that sick who the hell let him use a loaded gun?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 14th, 2006, 11:54 am

Purple wrote:I thought this was funny!!

Me too! I think it is the funniest thing I have heard in a looooong time. Of course it has happened before..but was it a Vice President on the trigger end of a gun?? Not that I can remember. Had it been you or I we would have been charged with attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, any number of charges. The V.P.? Nada.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » February 14th, 2006, 5:13 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/bush_administration

Hunter Shot by Cheney Has Heart Attack
AP - 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The 78-year-old lawyer who was shot by Vice President Dick Cheney in a hunting accident has some birdshot in or touching his heart and he had "a silent heart attack" Tuesday morning, hospital officials said. The victim, Harry Whittington, was immediately moved back to the intensive care unit for further treatment, said Peter Banko, the administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial in Texas.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 14th, 2006, 6:15 pm

bullymommy wrote:gotta love being the VP! how many hunter shooting hunter accidents are there per year? and this one gets headlines just because its cheney. who F-ing cares. get over it already! (not a bush and cheney fan just tired of hearing about it already)

Word. Me, too. Isn't there any other story out there that is "newsworthy"?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » February 14th, 2006, 6:17 pm

So if this guy dies, will Cheny be charged with manslaughter? I'm pretty sure that anyone else would be.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » February 15th, 2006, 12:47 am

I'd rather go out and get shot in the face by Dick Cheney than come home unscathed after hunting with Clinton/Gore. :)

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby cheekymunkee » February 15th, 2006, 12:52 am

DemoDick wrote:I'd rather go out and get shot in the face by Dick Cheney than come home unscathed after hunting with Clinton/Gore. :)

Demo Dick

If I went hunting with ANY of them I am sure I would shoot my damn self.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby huskyhouse » February 15th, 2006, 2:34 am

I got this in my mail yesterday :D ,

Separated At Birth?

huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » February 15th, 2006, 1:44 pm

DemoDick wrote:I'd rather go out and get shot in the face by Dick Cheney than come home unscathed after hunting with Clinton/Gore. :)

Demo Dick

Algore wouldn't have been hunting, he'd have been hugging the trees!! :ROFL2:
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Off-Topic