Noreaster coming this weekend

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 12th, 2006, 10:10 am

6am shoveling! DAMN! There is a ton of snow out there! Im happy to see i live on a side road which is small and not a lot of houses and they already plowed (first snow in my new house). So thats good but all the cars are stuck in the driveway :( Oh well guess i cant go into work :( hehehe
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » February 12th, 2006, 12:30 pm

You guys stay warm & safe!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » February 12th, 2006, 12:33 pm

Ok they just said we are to get between 12" to 24". We are now up to 10" with 18" snow drifts in my back yard. The puppies are having a blast jumping around and eating it.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 12th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Two hours ago the plow guy finally came to plow. The snow had let up to a light and pleasant flury.

Well now I look out and it's blizzard conditions again and you can barely tell that my drive was just plowed!!

I love it. I LOVE snow. And the dogs are loving it too. I should get some pictures of the boarding dogs hamming it up in the fluffy stuff. Talk about snow zoomies!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Judy » February 12th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Am I the only one in the Northeast who doesn't LOVE snow? :o

Maybe I should move. But I would miss the OTHER 3 seasons. :(
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 12th, 2006, 8:12 pm

no judy, i dont like the snow either.. i slid down my driveway before in 4wd... and skidded into the snowbank jamie plowed across the street....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby girlie » February 12th, 2006, 8:13 pm

That is why i will forever stay in the heat.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 12th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Maryellen wrote:no judy, i dont like the snow either.. i slid down my driveway before in 4wd... and skidded into the snowbank jamie plowed across the street....

Wuss :off:

I am currently borrowing my dad's truck (since my car is dead and I'm not getting my new car until the middle of this week) so I was all revved like "Yeah! 4WD! I am SO going to the supermarket in the snow!" Well . . . apparently dad's truck has decided that 4WD is optional. Even though it's on, and the light says it's on, the front tires weren't exactly rolling.

So I slid sideways halfway home. I ended up not even being able to make it up my driveway, so I slid sideways into the client parking at the end of the driveway (this will cause issues when clients start to drop off dogs in the am and have no place to park). This means I had to make 4 trips up a very slippery driveway with groceries and a bad back. Oh yes, oh yes I fell and broke the eggs (ie: my breakfast) and hurt my back even more (good thing for my first Chiro appointment tomorrow) and hurt my leg too.

BUT I STILL LOVE THE SNOW!!!!!!!

Even if Wally doesn't (he's only peed twice today, and he's gassing it up so I KNOW he has to poop but he refuses to go out. Brat.).
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby huskyhouse » February 13th, 2006, 12:23 am

Maryellen wrote:no judy, i dont like the snow either.. i slid down my driveway before in 4wd... and skidded into the snowbank jamie plowed across the street....

Aww, how thoughtful for Jamie to make you a bumper cushion :D .
Seriously, I'm glad you weren't hurt, and I guess you realized that today was a washout for the Expo so I didn't bother calling you :( (let you have a day off, you deserve it!).
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » February 13th, 2006, 9:11 am

i wanted to go soooo bad, but i couldnt get up 515.. it was so slick i said forget it. i didnt feel like sliding off the mountain:(
Maryellen
I live here

Postby huskyhouse » February 13th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything, they cancelled it :( . The others went down to pack up the booth and that was it. Sucks, because we missed out on an entire day of sales and donations, but the upside is that the Natural Balance people gave us the entire contents of their booth :D !
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby bullymommy » February 13th, 2006, 4:34 pm

huskyhouse wrote: the Natural Balance people gave us the entire contents of their booth :D !

THAT ROCKS!!!!!!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pibblegrl » February 13th, 2006, 7:22 pm

We got over 2 feet.
:rant:
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to Off-Topic