Did Intro's with my new rats and old rats

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby luvmyangels » December 8th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Below is Jingle (cream), Tulip (Black Berk), Violet (Hooded) and New Baby Noodle (Black capped).

New Rattie Raisin is on the bottom left who is pictured with Tulip, Violet and sister Noodle.

I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Marinepits » December 8th, 2006, 6:07 pm

How are they doing together?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby luvmyangels » December 8th, 2006, 6:37 pm

On December 08 2006, Marinepits wrote:How are they doing together?

I initially introduced them last night since they hit their 3 week quarantine. I put my older girls in the bath tub 1st and then put the babies in. The babies are now 9 weeks and my older girls are 8 months old. They did a lot of sniffing to start out with and then they seemed to squabble a bit. Tulip my older girl started to roll them on their backs and put her front paws on the babies. The babies seemed to squeak a bit so I broke it up. I guess I got a little scared. They did this a few times. It seems as if Tulip may be a little dominant since when I split them up she put her back up at me. I used a towel to break it up. The babies were being brats too because they were jumping all over the older girls at times. I noticed a heavy smell so I used some vanilla on everyone which made them all lick one another. Not sure if I should have done this but I put a Wodent Wheel in for them to play with. It seemed to stop some of the stress. We did this for about 45 minutes and then I separated everyone again. I will try again later today and see how things go.

This is the 1st introduction I have ever done. Any advice would be appreciated.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby call2arms » December 10th, 2006, 10:45 pm

They are cuute!

For the intros, just keep doing them every day until everyone is comfortable. I've been told not to break up fights unless it is really aggressive -tufts of hair flying and all, because if you keep on breaking up the "dominance" fights, it's just going to take longer for them to have a pack order. They're not like our dogs, they do have to "work it out"!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby luvmyangels » December 10th, 2006, 11:08 pm

On December 10 2006, call2arms wrote:They are cuute!

For the intros, just keep doing them every day until everyone is comfortable. I've been told not to break up fights unless it is really aggressive -tufts of hair flying and all, because if you keep on breaking up the "dominance" fights, it's just going to take longer for them to have a pack order. They're not like our dogs, they do have to "work it out"!

I have been doing introductions twice a day for about 45 minutes to an hour and each time they seem to be getting better and better. The babies definitely have their moments with jumping all over the current resident females. A few times my older girls have pinned them on there backs and just put there paws on them to hold them down. I have not seen any blood which is good.

I was planning on making a cage but decided last minute it would be easier to add onto the Martins 690 I have with another 690 which should be coming by Wednesday. I think once we put the cages together I am going to put them together if they are still doing as well.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members