tre passed his real life test!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby brooksybrooks1 » December 6th, 2006, 3:52 am

so today at work i'm closing up, it's about 7:30, and nobody is supposed to be coming in, which is good because i'm there alone, and it's kinda not a well lit/traveled area. tre is off leash in the training room when i see this truck pull up, so i backtie him by the desk.
this guy comes in, really shady...dirty, big black jacket, acting sketchy. he comes up to the desk, trying to sell me kennels or something, i don't know. up until this point tre is wagging his tail, wanting to give this stranger kisses...the usual. but then when this guy comes real close to the desk that i'm standing behind (bear in mind that at this point i'm notably uncomfortable and just trying to get the guy to leave) tre stops being goofy, steps right in between us, looks right up at the guy, and starts doing a perfect, calm, controlled, serious bark and hold!
whoa! he's only worked those a few times, and when had it was on cue, i didn't tell him to do anything, and he just read into me and did it! needless to say, the guy finished his business quickly and left, and i was SOOOOOO proud of my boy! didn't get crazy, didn't ignore the situation, acted just how i would have wanted him to...what a saint! good instincts! good to know i'm safe. here's some pics of practice!

brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » December 6th, 2006, 7:05 am

Good boy, Tre!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » December 6th, 2006, 7:25 am

Congratulations! :clap:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » December 6th, 2006, 10:39 am

THAT is why we do what we do!!!!!

Connor is developing a beautiful bark and hold, we haven't started it with Riggs yet though.

Good work Tre, and good training Jenna!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby brooksybrooks1 » December 6th, 2006, 11:21 am

i'm one proud mama. and to be honest, because he's had so little training in it so far, i think it had less to do with the training and more to do with the bond, tre and i are together all day except when i'm in classes, so i think he just knew...i had a big smile on my face for the rest of the night, needless to say!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » December 6th, 2006, 12:36 pm

wahoo!

my boy has that too! :) Last night I was having a 1/2 wrestling fun/1/2 pissed off wrestling/scrapping fight with my boyfriend (not I'm not abused :) ) I was just thinking about this yesterday on how every time my bf and I have a situation like this where Oscar's not certain what I'm feeling, Os steps in between us, turns, and faces my bf. As soon as he seems me laugh or squeal he goes to fetch his toy to try and have a 3 person wrestling match with us...
Every time I doubt my dog I just have to think of how he handles those types of situations and I know he loves me :)

Isn't it so great?

congrats Tre on stepping up to make sure your mama is safe! :D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 6th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Well done Tre!!! :rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » December 6th, 2006, 6:43 pm

GOOD job Tre!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Magnolia618 » December 7th, 2006, 3:46 pm

YAY TRE!!!! I love that dog!

Last night I was wrestling with Tom and at one point, he was sitting on top of me so that I couldnt move. What did Maggie do? She grabs my shoe in her mouth and starts chewing on it and tugging as hard as she could.

I still havent decided if she was trying to help me, or help Tom. :?
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby brooksybrooks1 » December 7th, 2006, 6:21 pm

he loves you back!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmypitties » December 12th, 2006, 2:02 pm

That is so awesome. Kind of a reassuring sense of safety we have with these dogs that form incredible bonds with.

Just the other night my phone was off and so my step dad came over to my house to wake me up (realtors were coming over to shwo the house) And Ellie who nomally doesnt bark at anything unless she is playing starts growling like crazy and continued this the whole time my step dad was here (it was dark in my room and he was wearing a big black sweatshirt) I was very proud of my girl for not trying anything but just being protective of her sleeping mommy!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby brooksybrooks1 » December 12th, 2006, 2:11 pm

it's pretty crazy because i don't know if you train protection or not but tre trains for it and he's only a beginner, you always wonder if they take it serious or if they would put it to use in real life and know what to do and how much to do with regards to growling/barking/ biting, etc. he knew exactly what to do and i didn't even give him a command! i'm still excited about that, i've been bragging a lot!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmypitties » December 12th, 2006, 3:07 pm

No Ellie is a rescue and is just getting to learn that people are nice and things arent going to eat her... it has taken almost a year!

I would be bragging too. It is something both you and Tre should be proud of!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Malli » December 12th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Nah Os has never had protection training (though I have thought of it)

I see it as him seeing it as a : "well she takes care of me, keeps me away from nasty dogs, makes sure I'm warm, and feeds me, so I get her back too." Who knows though really :lol I do know that he sees me much more as his leader then my bf, and he doesn't protect him...

Malli
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby adrianne » December 26th, 2006, 9:29 pm

awesome!!! he needs a big old marrow bone as a prize! what a good boy!
adrianne
Just Whelped

Return to Sports