my house reeks!!!!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Maryellen » February 11th, 2006, 9:46 pm

i got a new stove a little over a year ago.. since i cook outside on the grill all the time i rarely used the stove.. but it still needed to be cleaned. well tonight i set the self cleaning mode and my house has stunk for 3 hours.. i opened every door and window, and now we are freezing our butts off.... 30 minutes left and the oven will be spotless... and i can shut the windows.. they really should make self cleaning ovens smell good when they are cleaning....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 11th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Yeah, cleaning the oven during nicer weather would be ideal, huh? Thanks for the story, I'll have to remember that when it's time to clean my oven :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmyangels » February 11th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Oh they are usually horrible. My oven is long overdue for a cleaning but I will wait for the spring so I can be out of the house when I do it and leave every window open.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 11th, 2006, 10:33 pm

People clean their ovens?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 11th, 2006, 10:36 pm

oh quit'cher whineing.

I have an old fashioned oven... when it needs to be cleaned it gets done with oven cleaner and scrubber.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 11th, 2006, 10:52 pm

mnp13 wrote:oh quit'cher whineing.

I have an old fashioned oven... when it needs to be cleaned it gets done with oven cleaner and scrubber.

Same here LOL :|
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » February 11th, 2006, 11:25 pm

Romanwild wrote:People clean their ovens?

:|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » February 11th, 2006, 11:38 pm

i used to have a regular oven i hated cleaning it... the fumes from the cleaners made me sick.. my house now smells good, i shut the windows except two, just to make sure the fumes make it out of the house.. i would not suggest leaving pets in the house while the oven is cleaning if you are not home.. the fumes are way to strong..
Maryellen
I live here

Return to Off-Topic