Oh!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Big_Ant » December 1st, 2006, 2:31 pm

Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 2nd, 2006, 11:16 am

How cool was that!!! I've never seen them doing high jump or broad jump like that. I hope the high jump had a soft landing, though they were making a valiant effort to catch the dogs. That was very cool.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » December 2nd, 2006, 1:01 pm

:shock: Whoa.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ellie@ny » December 2nd, 2006, 1:33 pm

That was sooo cool!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby luvmypitties » December 3rd, 2006, 12:20 pm

That was so cool. I have never seen anything like that!!! I hope there was a soft landing and that in those long jumps no one got hurt! But looks like the dogs enjoyed themselves and those are some freakin awesome dogs!!!! gave me goose bumps
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby mnp13 » December 3rd, 2006, 12:57 pm

The x-games version of the Bull-ympics! lol

I really like the vertical wall, but I would NOT want my dog falling straight down onto his back/butt from 8 feet up. It didn't look like they managed to catch all of the dogs. (not that I don't want to try it now.)

I did like the long jump though, I think we're going to have to dicsuss trying that at a future Bull-ympics.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » December 4th, 2006, 1:05 pm

On 12/03/2006 8:57 AM, mnp13 wrote:I really like the vertical wall, but I would NOT want my dog falling straight down onto his back/butt from 8 feet up. It didn't look like they managed to catch all of the dogs. (not that I don't want to try it now.)

Yeah, it didn't seem 100% safe, but I'm damn sure gonna test my 'dog catching' skills out.

I did like the long jump though, I think we're going to have to dicsuss trying that at a future Bull-ympics.

Definitely! I'm going to look into making something like that myself, and making it into a sectioned equipment so that I can take it around to the training park!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » December 4th, 2006, 1:29 pm

On December 04 2006, 12:05, Big_Ant wrote:
On 12/03/2006 8:57 AM, mnp13 wrote:I really like the vertical wall, but I would NOT want my dog falling straight down onto his back/butt from 8 feet up. It didn't look like they managed to catch all of the dogs. (not that I don't want to try it now.)

Yeah, it didn't seem 100% safe, but I'm damn sure gonna test my 'dog catching' skills out.

I wonder if haveing them scale it in a harness would work so there is a fail safe if the catchers miss; sort of the same way that figure skaters are taught to do jumps in a jumping harness to prevent fall after fall after fall.

Also, Riggs takes exception to being grabbed like they were grabbing those dogs and though I could do it no problem I'm not sure that I could safely handle all 45 pounds from an 8 or 9 foot fall!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » December 4th, 2006, 1:41 pm

On 12/04/2006 9:29 AM, mnp13 wrote:I wonder if haveing them scale it in a harness would work so there is a fail safe if the catchers miss; sort of the same way that figure skaters are taught to do jumps in a jumping harness to prevent fall after fall after fall.

GENIUS!

We just found out that we are getting that new house, so long as all of the paperwork goes through on another thing from a friend who's working this all out, so I should know by Friday.

Once we get over there, it's fair game. I'm gonna see what I can work out on a system that has a harness/pulley system in place. Do you think they are doing a slick wall, or are they using a soft grip tape type of covering on the wall? It also looks like it's at a very very slight slant.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » December 4th, 2006, 1:54 pm

It looks to me like the surface is a little rough, like tar paper or something. I didn't notice a slant though.

I think you would need a second person to work the pully who will be aware enough to not "snap" the dog on the way down. Plus they are coming down pretty fast and if a catcher grabbed a leg wrong I'm sure it could cause injury.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » December 4th, 2006, 1:58 pm

On Mon, Dec 04 2006, 12:41 PM, Big_Ant wrote: Do you think they are doing a slick wall, or are they using a soft grip tape type of covering on the wall?

It kind of reminds of the grip tape used on skate boards, only on a massive scale, LOL.

BTW, congrats on the house!!! I hope it all works out for you!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby brooksybrooks1 » December 6th, 2006, 3:21 am

whoa...
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby TBF » January 9th, 2007, 6:14 pm

On December 01 2006, 1:31 PM, Big_Ant wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIqAqualMU

Interesting video.
TBF
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby brooksybrooks1 » January 13th, 2007, 2:59 am

i think that video is interesting up until you realize that you are listening to some really weird umpa-loompa-ish techno...hmmmmmmmm...
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Return to Sports