@Hoyden ..

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Emi » February 10th, 2006, 6:41 pm

I was wondering if you could help me since your into the rennie area etc , i've been racking my brain , I can say the name of the family i'm looking for but can't spell it ..

Ok either they were from France or Italy , and they were a tad bit crazy and liked to use poison to kill their enemy , alot was said about them putting poison in rings ...

Sounds like Divorzack some thing like that :|
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 10th, 2006, 7:20 pm

The Borgia Family
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Hoyden » February 10th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Lucrezia Borgia (or "Lucrecia Borgia") (April 14 or April 18, 1480 - June 24, 1519) was the daughter of Rodrigo Borgia, the powerful Renaissance Spaniard who would later become Pope Alexander VI .

After Rodrigo became Pope Alexander VI,he had Lucrezia marry Giovanni Sforza in order to establish an alliance with that powerful Milanese family. The wedding was a scandalous event but was not much more extravagant than many other Renaissance celebrations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucretia_Borgia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the Renaissance, poisoning became an art form, inspiring subtle ways to dispense with people via such items as poison rings, swords, knives, letters, and even lipstick. Poisoning societies developed, as did family businesses that relied on poison-for-hire as their trade. Notorious poisoners came out of Italy and France at this time.

While poison is the weapon of choice for women, and throughout history more women than men have been mass or serial poisoners, a sampling of prominent serial killers via poison contains representatives from both genders.

* Locusta, in Ancient Rome, was Nero's personal poisoner and the first documented serial killer. She helped Nero to murder his brother with cyanide, and she also murdered several of his wives.
* The Council of Ten in Venice in 1419 poisoned people for a fee, using a mercury-based compound and various forms of arsenic. In Venice and Rome, there were even schools for people to learn how to do this.
* In the 17th century, Italy's Madam Toffana was apparently successful in her poisonings around 600 times, either directly by her or indirectly by those to whom she sold her arsenic concoction. She was allegedly involved with poisoning two popes.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » February 10th, 2006, 8:10 pm

I had never heard of any of this. VERY interesting. I love stuff like this. I SO need to start my own poison society.

Lys' Poisoning Society: Kind of like a sewing circle, but a little more deadly.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Emi » February 10th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Oh thanks :purpleBanana:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 10th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Wow!! Sounds like MY family! Ok, well it was only once......and he didn't die he just got really, really sick.......and no it wasn't me.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Hoyden » February 10th, 2006, 8:51 pm

*I* have a poison ring....... :rock:

Seee...................

Excuse the scary swollen hands. Arthritis is REALLY acting up this week.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Romanwild » February 10th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Yeah poison, sure, that's what it for. :rolleyes2:

:backRoll:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Emi » February 10th, 2006, 9:15 pm

That's ICY Hoyden ...

Sorry about your arthritis, mine has been acting up today , some frecking front is heading in , who needs a weather man ... :wink3:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Hoyden » February 10th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Romanwild wrote:Yeah poison, sure, that's what it for. :rolleyes2:

:backRoll:

Well, what ELSE is supposed to go in there then?

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Emi » February 11th, 2006, 3:44 am

woots gave me a few hours of stuff to look at lol
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby bullymommy » February 11th, 2006, 4:47 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Wow!! Sounds like MY family! Ok, well it was only once......and he didn't die he just got really, really sick.......and no it wasn't me.

deb you scare me LOL! :P
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby a-bull » February 17th, 2006, 10:37 am

Hoyden wrote:*I* have a poison ring....... :rock:

Seee...................

Excuse the scary swollen hands. Arthritis is REALLY acting up this week.

rings . . . o.k., now you've got my attention . . . I love that. Where did you get it???
a-bull
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 17th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Have you seen the little poison daggers for the bodice? I'm hoping to go to a few museums when we are in Belgium, I'll try to take a few pics for you.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Off-Topic