Rip hubert

Postby luvmypitties » November 18th, 2006, 10:09 pm

I killed the fish. My boyfriend's fish. Now this wasn't just any fish. I got him for birthday along with the tank back in May. He killed off all the other fish of the same species. Then our filter broke and he was filterless for months. Then the water level was down to about 5 inches of water most of the time with adding of water from the bath tub every now and then. He did fine. We ran out of fish food for a while and he ate the random poptarts and crusts and then we finally got him the flakes. And now today I finally get up enough energy and time to clean out the tank. And I put him back in and got a new filter and everything feeling bad for the poor guy. And I look over and he is dead!!! My boyfriend is a little upset aboutlosing his fish. anyone know of any hearty breeds?? I have to replace hubert!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » November 18th, 2006, 11:45 pm

I am wondering if it was the Poptarts that did him in....

Anyway, condolences sent your way. I think.

Maybe you should get a plant instead? I heard cactus do real well without much care.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmypitties » November 19th, 2006, 12:11 am

well we went out and got some more fish tonight. We are both going to work more are caring for the fish in between caring for all the cats and the dogs here. We had to get this one fish. It was destiny. Both of our pitbulls are missing there right eyes. This one black goldfish was missing his right eye... so he is now home with us!!! And we got another speckled goldfish and a tank cleaner to help us out some!! So my boyfriend was very excited picking out his new fish!! Hubert will never be forgotten!!
Tina

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » November 19th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Based upon what the poor fish went through I would think he was pretty hearty. RIP Hubert.

Good luck with your new ones.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 20th, 2006, 6:54 pm

RIP Hubert!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » November 21st, 2006, 12:55 am

most likely you "over cleaned" hubert. Either that or with all the new water the pH crashed or spiked and he could not take the change.

I am sorry he died :(
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » November 21st, 2006, 9:33 am

On Saturday, 18 November 2006, 10:45 PM, iluvk9 wrote:I am wondering if it was the Poptarts that did him in....

Maybe you should get a plant instead? I heard cactus do real well without much care.

:lol3: LMAO, you crack me up!

I'm sorry about your fish though. RIP Hubert. Best of luck with the new one.
Jenn
undecided

Postby luvmypitties » November 21st, 2006, 9:58 am

Thanks for all the condolences... I have been so busy lately and the fish suffered for it... I am in the middle of a move and had lots of rescues that I was dealing with at the time. there was just no time to clean him up or anything and the first night I was able to was when he died. Feel bad for him but he had a good life playing with one of our cats through the glass. But the new fish are doing great. I think the one with the missing eye, Elk (mixture of Ellie and Jake, my two one eyed pitbulls) might have more damage than we thought. He swims in circlles and he's not the best swimmer out there.. he flops around and everything. But the other fish Tom is doing wonderful too!!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » November 21st, 2006, 1:38 pm

Swim fast towards the light poor Hubert!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby 04100824 » November 22nd, 2006, 12:20 pm

On Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:45 pm, iluvk9 wrote:I am wondering if it was the Poptarts that did him in....

:goodStuff: :fish: :spit:
Confident Young Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends