This made me stop and think ..

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Emi » February 9th, 2006, 4:26 am

I read this on the other forum , and it made me stop and think what would happen to Dottie if i should past on ... I think about it alot any way since i'm diabetic and a whole lot of other medical problems ...

This woman was very selfless and thinking about the welfare of her dog...

It's a worry for me , I know Earl loves Dottie to death , but he travels so much , and she's so use to having some one with her all the time at home.

Just what would we do ? What would ya'll do ?
Last edited by Emi on February 9th, 2006, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 9th, 2006, 8:39 am

PBF has closed their board to non members in the last week. I was banned a while ago so I can't read the post. :|
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 9th, 2006, 10:27 am

Mine will go to my daughter and/or my brother. Munkee, however, will probably have to be put to sleep. He refuses to eat when I am not there & is attached to me at the hip. He loves my brother & my daughter with out a doubt but would be lost without his mommie. I'm going to be cremated & have talked to my daughter about putting him to sleep & cremating us together. I am hoping that is what she will do.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » February 9th, 2006, 10:43 am

is that the post about the woman who is terminally ill who found her pit a home with her doctor? if so, i read that and tears came to my eyes.. no one ever thinks what will happen to the dogs, yet we should.. mine will all go to certain people separately, but not together..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » February 9th, 2006, 11:35 am

Edited as to not cause problems ..
Last edited by Emi on February 9th, 2006, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 9th, 2006, 11:45 am

yep, thats the poster i was thinking about.. i read her whole post, and everyones replies.. i started crying for her with her condition.. and how she was trying to do what was right for her dog..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » February 9th, 2006, 11:48 am

I did to MaryEllen , she's a brave soul ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby pibblegrl » February 9th, 2006, 11:55 am

I am lucky in that I have a large family where I know there is someone who would take Dale if something ever happened to me.
I don't want this to sound bad but I am grateful that my illness won't kill me. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a doctor tell you that you may not live much longer....I hope she finds a home for her dog. I wish more people thought ahead like that, even if they did not have a chronic illness-just because you never know what a new day brings.
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Emi » February 9th, 2006, 11:57 am

I believe she said , that her Dr is gonna take her dog . Which is great
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 9th, 2006, 12:02 pm

yeah, her last post was that her doctor fell in love with gator and was going to take him.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » February 9th, 2006, 12:39 pm

We got our doxie, Copper, last year when his owners passed away. He was being dumped at the shelter, because the relatives who took him had a toddler and Copper was not used to kids, and he bit the child when the child pulled his sensitive ears. We later learned he had frequent ear problems if his ears were not cleaned regularly. When we first got him, his ears WERE very sensitive. His owners were elderly and had not made a plan for him. He's was 6 going on 7, so not an old dog by any means.
I've asked my close friends who have a rescue group, to make sure my animals are taken care of. The only thing left to do is document it. My family would take the animals I'm sure, but I doubt they'd be a good home and I don't know if they would keep the animals until a good home could be found.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Hoyden » February 9th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Since I started have health issues, I review and update my will every year.

If something ever happens to both my husband and I, I'd like the dogs to stay with my kids. My father will keep them together, so they will go with him.

Everyone says I am nuts, but I actually have a seperate Life Insurance Policy which the dogs are the sole beneficiary of. The dogs will have a trust fund which will pay out a set sum every quarter for their care. If they have a huge vet bill or some other big expense, the dogs' guardian can request additional funds to pay that expense.

My oldest daughter Autumn is fourteen now, when she turns eighteen, I will amend my will so that she would become guardian of her sister (who is 10 years younger) and the dogs.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Emi » February 9th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Hoyden that's a great idea ... :clap:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having health issues :hug3:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 9th, 2006, 4:26 pm

Hoyden wrote:Since I started have health issues, I review and update my will every year.

If something ever happens to both my husband and I, I'd like the dogs to stay with my kids. My father will keep them together, so they will go with him.

Everyone says I am nuts, but I actually have a seperate Life Insurance Policy which the dogs are the sole beneficiary of. The dogs will have a trust fund which will pay out a set sum every quarter for their care. If they have a huge vet bill or some other big expense, the dogs' guardian can request additional funds to pay that expense.

My oldest daughter Autumn is fourteen now, when she turns eighteen, I will amend my will so that she would become guardian of her sister (who is 10 years younger) and the dogs.

Wow, great idea, Hoyden! I think I'll look into that.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » February 9th, 2006, 9:07 pm

That is a great idea, Hoyden, thanks! I, too, will look into it......and that thread at PBF is very emotional. It really touches the heart.
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 9th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Wally will go live with my parents. As miserable as I was living with them, they treat him like royalty. Grandparents are like that I guess :rolleyes2:

But they did tell me if I got another dog they would not take it, so I'll have to figure something out from there. I'm not too worried as since I work in the animal field most of my co-workers and friends who happily step up to take my pets.

My biggest worry is my damn rabbit. She's a pain in the ass, my mom definately doesn't want her, not sure who would take her. My sister maybe? Or her previous owner? Hopefully she'll go before me.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » February 9th, 2006, 10:05 pm

I know of some stew guy that wil take the rabbit......
Purple
I live here

Postby Purple » February 9th, 2006, 10:06 pm

errr, I mean Stu guy....like, Steward....yeah, that's what I meant......
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 9th, 2006, 10:25 pm

Purple wrote:errr, I mean Stu guy....like, Steward....yeah, that's what I meant......

She gets threatened with being made into bunny raviolis all the time. Or a slipper. My problem child.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Pit Bull Talk