Peaches ~ Available for Adoption ~ Oregon

Postby panda » February 9th, 2006, 7:28 pm

Meet Peaches

Peaches' adoption last October didn't work out, so I am listing her again.

Here is the original information I posted when I first rescued her in Sept. 2005:

PEACHES

American Staffordshire Terrier Aprox 1 year old Color: white & brown Eyes: golden green Weight: 51 lbs ( the vet said she is a little underweight )

She has had a complete workup and all her shots and micro chipped. She will be spayed tomorrow. Physically and mentally she is in great condition. Dr. will call me tomorrow with results from fecal and blood tests.

-She was found tied up outside a doggy daycare with only a dirty rope to her name - She was filthy when the doggy day care took her in so they bathed her - She has a few patches of irritated skin that the vet is just going to watch for now as we're not sure of her past living conditions and food, etc. - She loves people and is affectionate with them -She loves other dogs and plays well with them - is not aggressive - willing to be part of the gang -She is very fit and agile and a fast runner -She rides well in the car - either sits quietly or sleeps -She has a beautiful smile & gorgeous markings -Her eyes are very beautiful - kind of golden green -She doesn't seem to have had any training but knows a few commands -She is an awesome dog; pretty, lovable, loving, just all around really great.

PEACHES TODAY FEB. 2006

She remains a very awesome dog. Peaches is stunning in her beauty and solid in her temperament. .

Peaches is the epitome of a bully dog in that she has a lot of energy and needs to expend it and can also be a couch potato lounging around with the family. She is crate trained and housebroken and follows commands. She views everyone, including children, as her best friend. She is not startled or afraid of things that are different or strange. She attended a large Halloween party with loads of creepy decorations, scary costumes and music without blinking an eye. She took it all in stride.

Another facet of this beauty's personality is her high toy drive. She loves balls and loves to chase them. Peaches is solid, agile and muscular. She is in excellent physical condition. Peaches now weighs about 55 lbs. She must have a job or structured activity in her life such as agility training, fly ball, weight pull, or therapy dog, etc. She has much to give back to her family & community and really wants to do so.

When I took Peaches in for an evaluation at a local training facility this is what they had to say about her:

"Peaches had an evaluation today and passed with flying colors. She followed all commands and played well with all the other doggies. She was social and had good disposition. The staff said she was a joy to have there today. They are recommending her for fly ball or agility as she has a strong prey drive, is an extremely fast runner and jumps over the other dogs in order to avoid them when running."

Peaches is all these things and so much more! She is also a true wiggle-butt girl.

If you would like to meet this beautiful dog and adopt her into your home please contact me. Pit Bull experience is a plus. You must have a fenced yard. Peaches will be an indoor dog and will not be adopted to a home where she will live outdoors. She is UTD on her shots, spayed and micro chipped. If you rent, landlord approval is required.

Christa
cmedders@comcast.net

Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 9th, 2006, 7:32 pm

She is a beauty. What went wrong with her first home?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jesseca » February 9th, 2006, 7:39 pm

I :heartbeat: Peaches.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby panda » February 9th, 2006, 7:47 pm

The family that adopted her had a male staffy bully when they adopted Peaches. He is very chubby and is a total couch potato all the time. I did a complete background check on these people as well as home visits and they came up really good. They had formerly bred and owned AmSatffs and were highly recommended by a respected trainer and a respected dog daycare, groomer. Peaches fit right in; it was a perfect match. I mentioned the staffy bully because it relates to the rest of the story. Mr. owns his business & takes SB to work with him and took Peaches too, at first. As described in her bio, and gone over with numerous times with this family, Peaches is a young, fit, athletic, high energy dog. It was agreed she would have all she needed in this way to thrive. She didn't get it and ultimately they were leaving her home alone 10 hours a day M-F crated. They finally called me and said they over estimated their ability to give her what she need and wanted to give her back. Believe me, we had a number of in depth discussions about this and what had gone wrong. When they would all get home in the evening and let her out she would do zoomies and have a lot of energy that they said they didn't have time for. Needless to say she came back. But during the transition they went and got a doxie friend for their SB :shock:

Let me know if you need more..................
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » February 9th, 2006, 7:54 pm

She's a cutie pie .. :heartbeat: If i didn't know better i'd say she's Miss Dottie twin sister , with that pouty look lol

Here's one of Miss Dottie's pouty's ... they look so much alike 8)

Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 9th, 2006, 8:42 pm

i just love peaches!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » February 9th, 2006, 8:49 pm

:loveU:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 9th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Stop with the teasing! :P

:love3:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Purple » February 9th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Peaches is stunning. That's too bad her home didn't work out for her.
Purple
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm

What a beauty ! I hope she gets a loving forever home ASAP
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby panda » February 9th, 2006, 10:02 pm

She's a cutie pie .. If i didn't know better i'd say she's Miss Dottie twin sister , with that pouty look

Here's one of Miss Dottie's pouty's ... they look so much alike

Emi ~ they do look like sisters, don't they ? Miss Dottie is very pretty. Does she need a sister ? :o
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » February 9th, 2006, 10:49 pm

Oh I wish I could take her , but we're only allowed 2 pets , and I have 2 , Miss Dottie and Percy ...

Even Earl said shes a beauty ...

Wish we had more then 800 square feet .. :(
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby panda » March 13th, 2006, 2:06 am

I am a big, ole, crybaby. I went to do the home check today and brought Peaches with me to meet her possible new family. First we met outdoors away from their house and it went fine. Long story short, they are perfect. I have been sad since we left to come home. She will be going "home" Wednesday.

I love her and will miss her so very much. She will have a wonderful loving home and I know this one will stick.

Thanks everyone for supporting her through everything. She is worth it!
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 13th, 2006, 9:21 am

I am so glad she's going to her forever home! Giving up the fosters is hard (I definitely cried the whole way home after I dropped off Louise) but it is SO rewarding. That's what keeps you coming back :)

What's her new home like?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Maryellen » March 13th, 2006, 1:51 pm

yah for christa and peaches!!!! way to go!!! good luck Peaches!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 13th, 2006, 11:47 pm

Yay for Peaches!!! (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))for you :-)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby a-bull » March 13th, 2006, 11:51 pm

Is that little girl in the picture still up for a adoption??? :) What a doll!!!
a-bull
I live here

Postby panda » March 17th, 2006, 3:32 am

Thanks everyone!

Here's Peaches with her new mom

panda
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » March 17th, 2006, 6:57 am

I'm SO happy for Peaches! What great pics! :bananaDance:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » March 17th, 2006, 8:44 am

Awwwww! Now THAT is one happy girl :)
SisMorphine

Return to Rescue