another avatar failure

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby HappyPuppy » November 14th, 2006, 2:29 pm

These avatars are ridiculous. I am no longer going to take any responsibility for screwing up my avatar. I just tried to replace my current one severaly times!!! (doing exactly what I did before!) and it wouldn't take it. Now, I just tried to REINSERT exactly the very one that I just took out and it won't take it. I know my way around basic picture manipulation so I don't get why these stupid things can't be any easier to work with!!!!!!! Aargh!!!

I've got 72dpi, 100pix, jpg - and it doesn't like it!!! I even tried 1 in vs 100 pix
Last edited by HappyPuppy on November 14th, 2006, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 2:30 pm

uh....

sorry?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyPuppy » November 14th, 2006, 2:35 pm

I love your attitude, Michelle. :D I am just so frustrated - how can continue to screw this up - I redid it and redid it and was so careful. Now what do I do when the one I took out (to try the new one) now won't go back? I've been using Corel photo paint for these so far - we don't have photoshop - would that make a difference?
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 2:54 pm

I have no idea.

why don't you post it here and I"ll do it for you?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyPuppy » November 14th, 2006, 3:16 pm

This is teh one that was working - that I just took out to try the one below that I just made:

100 pixels

same as 1 inch
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 3:43 pm

All done.

the other one couldn't be re-uploaded because we lowered the sizes for the avatars since you put it up. It was "grandfathered" in, but once you took it out you couldn't put it back.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyPuppy » November 14th, 2006, 3:51 pm

THANK YOU! That one is cuter, I think. What are the new size regulations, ma'am?
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 5:11 pm

100x100

8 kb max
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyPuppy » November 14th, 2006, 7:15 pm

I thought the req was already 100x100 pix ?!? What did you have to do to the ones I posted to make it work? I thought I tried that and it didn't work. I did ONE by myself and am TRYING to save you the work....
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 8:48 pm

Don't worry about it, they take me about 30 seconds to do.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Questions / Problems