Foster Rat's Letters to Mom (Picture Heavy!!!)

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Hoyden » November 8th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Dear Mommy, (SisMorphine)

We are settling in to our new foster home. Our cage was cleaned yesterday while we played in the fish tank. The curly loud human says she can't eat all her dinner because she has to share it with us. We had roast beast and peas for dinner tonight.

We're walking all over the furless kids and they think it 's great. See?

Mutton

Veal

Bacon

Tonight we got to run around on the couch for awhile. The furless ones put the big black furry creature in it's crate with a bone while we played.

Veal and Mutton played hide and seek around the cranky furless one,

Bacon decided that he had to go investigate that silver thing that kept blinking bright lights at us.

Then Mutton decided to be a brave rat and climbed right up the wobbly furless one with the blinking silver thing

Veal thought it would be a better idea to hide from think blinking silver thing while Bacon decided to explore some more.

The cranky furless one has something that smells really yummy, but tastes nasty in his metal water bottle. We were good boys and only sniffed the stuff.

The cranky furless one is funny. He wants to teach us to run up a tree with something called a throw line, so that other furless ones don't have to climb to secure ropes.

The Wobbly one and the Loud Curly one showed us a new toy tonight. They put yummy treats in it and we just sniffed it.

Bacon says that we could drive it and hopped right in.

Well, it's time to climb off the keyboard and get back to our cage for some yummy apples.

Love,

The Meat Brothers,

Bacon

Mutton

Veal

ps. Please bring us our big cage soon. The wobbly human found a Rat Castle for us.

{And for those who think I have totally lost my mind, you're not far off the mark!! But we're fostering Alyssa's Rats for a couple months, so I figured that we'd post updates here.}
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » November 8th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Awww my baby boys *sniff*
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 8th, 2006, 10:30 pm

What a fabulous post!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » November 8th, 2006, 11:35 pm

:loveU:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby luvmyangels » November 8th, 2006, 11:40 pm

They look so happy!! Glad you were able to help!!
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby blayzeingsun » November 10th, 2006, 5:38 pm

the one of them "driving" the truck is adorable!
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » November 10th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Gawd... I miss having ratties. :cry:

They are SO friggin cute!!
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » November 13th, 2006, 6:12 pm

I do not liek rats but I must admit that those are pretty cute! :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby satanscheerleader » November 14th, 2006, 12:11 am

Soooooo cute! My foster rats a leaving in the next few days. :(
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » November 14th, 2006, 10:30 am

Well I have Mutton here with me right now. He's headed back up to the breeder :( He is having some aggression issues with Bacon, and poor Bacon was getting the brunt of it. The breeder is going to take him back and see if she can use him for breeding stock or if he's aggressive with females also, but I think it was just a dominance struggle between him and Bacon so he'll probably be fine with the females or with a weeny of a male. If not he'll be neutered and we'll try to reintroduce him once all of his hormones are gone (about 2 weeks), or he'll just be homed as a single rat.

*sigh* I'll miss that little bugger. But at least now Bacon will be happy and not covered in scabs :( And I KNOW that Mutton is going back to a great place because when I was asking his breeder what I should do, she was pretty psyched at the idea of taking him back . . . I don't think she wanted to give him up in the first place. I'm just bummed.

But I did get to see my boys on Sunday and that made me happy :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » November 14th, 2006, 1:03 pm

On November 14 2006, 9:30 AM, SisMorphine wrote:Well I have Mutton here with me right now. He's headed back up to the breeder :( He is having some aggression issues with Bacon, and poor Bacon was getting the brunt of it. The breeder is going to take him back and see if she can use him for breeding stock or if he's aggressive with females also, but I think it was just a dominance struggle between him and Bacon so he'll probably be fine with the females or with a weeny of a male. If not he'll be neutered and we'll try to reintroduce him once all of his hormones are gone (about 2 weeks), or he'll just be homed as a single rat.

*sigh* I'll miss that little bugger. But at least now Bacon will be happy and not covered in scabs :( And I KNOW that Mutton is going back to a great place because when I was asking his breeder what I should do, she was pretty psyched at the idea of taking him back . . . I don't think she wanted to give him up in the first place. I'm just bummed.

But I did get to see my boys on Sunday and that made me happy :)

Mark said to make sure he is NOT snake food. We'll keep him as a single rat if all else fails.

I told him to get his ass onto freecycle to see if he can find ferret cage for him then. So he's started looking.

They got another new hammock with 2 levels and I have a hollow log in the dishwasher that I'm cleaning and sterilizing for them.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Purple » November 14th, 2006, 3:08 pm

I wanna rat!
That was a relly cute story, Noel!
Purple
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » November 14th, 2006, 9:35 pm

I've got two males here and Kermit does pick on Fozzy a bit. :( They haven't seemed as bad the past week or so though. Maybe they've worked it out. :|
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » November 15th, 2006, 1:50 am

On November 14 2006, 9:35 PM, satanscheerleader wrote:I've got two males here and Kermit does pick on Fozzy a bit. :( They haven't seemed as bad the past week or so though. Maybe they've worked it out. :|

Well Bacon and Veal will pick on each other a little, but Bacon is literally COVERED in wounds from Mutton. Since Veal remained relatively unscathed I truly think it's a dominance issue. Dominant dogs, dominant rats, such is my life :|
SisMorphine

Postby satanscheerleader » November 15th, 2006, 2:05 am

Veal is just so beyond cute!
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » November 15th, 2006, 2:15 am

Veal was the runt and was very undersocialized (Bacon was the beast of the litter and extremely spoiled). He's still a bit skittish, I think he will always be that way, but once he settles in he's such a little snuggle butt. He's a momma's boy and loves doing some cleavage diving.

Man I miss those guys . . .
SisMorphine

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members