The Incredibull Bull-ympics, September 8-9, 2007!

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2006, 7:07 pm

It's time to start planning for next year!
Last edited by mnp13 on November 3rd, 2007, 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » September 15th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Don't you mean the Second Annual?! :greenWave:
Purple
I live here

Postby Garlic Gal » October 10th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Hey Michelle

We talked about changing out the dogs on the logo for 2007.
Do you have some photo ideas for me.
I think it would be nice to trade out the confirmation spot
on the logo with a fasted dog shot.
I tried to get some photos of the event on my own but
I didn't get that many usable shots.
I don't have the event photographers card, it got lost on the drive home.
Can you send me his info.

I'm going to Hutto, Texas in a couple of days for the Nationals.
Hope to see some of you all there.

Nancy, Coco, & Betty :wink:
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » November 13th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Hi Nancy,

Photos are few and far between, but we are going to stage some for you. I have a photo of the weight pull winner from a different event. I can stage Ruby jumping. Vega was fastest dog the whole weekend so I can take one of her running. I have one of Riggs for hang time. Your dog won dock diving, so you're set there. I would like Xanny in the center spot (if that's ok) since she is our first and only VB title holder.

The agility results got... um... misplaced... :oops: so maybe we can get another Bull breed photo for that? maybe going through the weaves?

That gives us two cropped dogs for the logo as well ;)

What do you think?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Garlic Gal » November 13th, 2006, 7:05 pm

I'll look at some of the photos on Bully Breeds in Agility and see if someone from there would mind if we use their dog photo.

Nancy
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby Garlic Gal » November 13th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Everything else sounds good to me can't wait to start.

Coco developed a heart arithmia, he might not be with us come time of the next olympics but I have some great new poses of him from around the same time. I'd be honored to have him represent that venue again.

Nancy
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » November 13th, 2006, 7:42 pm

I'm so sorry about CoCo. I hope is able to be there! Is there medication that can help?

I have a picture of Ruby that will work, but her ears are back. I also have a picture of her with her ears forward, can you put the two of them together or would you like me to do it and you can work from my composite?

I also have Riggs' picture from the actual event.

I'll find the picture of Thunder and make sure it's the one Bobby would like to use.

I'll contact Leslie for her favorite picture of Xanny, I'll ask her to take a picture of her VBI ribbon, could you put that around her neck, or use it as the circle? Or would that be weird? I have a number of them, but I'd like to leave it up to her.

I'll post them here, or do you need high res?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » November 13th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Here is the one I'd like to use for Riggs:

Here is my favorite of Ruby, but I can do a few more for you to pick from. the higher she jumps the more she stretches out. I think it would be cool to have her legs come out of the circle...
Here's a picture of her stretched out. She's running, but that's how she jumps as well.
Here are some ears
Last edited by mnp13 on November 14th, 2006, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Garlic Gal » November 14th, 2006, 2:48 am

I can work with these photos, no problem.

As far as meds for Coco, the vet basically said his condition is not painful but that there is no special treatment for it either. A valve in his heart is simply failing. She has seen dogs with this last for several years but she has also seen them go within a years time. So he is in God's hands. Dealing with my own heart issues I have learned to, "Let go and Let God." We plan to live life with joy and love for whatever time we are Graced with.

Thanks for caring.

Nancy
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby Garlic Gal » November 14th, 2006, 3:09 am

Michele

I think in the agility, at least on the first two days that one of the Bull Terriers came in first but I'm not sure.

Nancy
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » November 14th, 2006, 8:50 am

On Tue, Nov 14 2006, 1:48 AM, Garlic Gal wrote:As far as meds for Coco, the vet basically said his condition is not painful but that there is no special treatment for it either. A valve in his heart is simply failing. She has seen dogs with this last for several years but she has also seen them go within a years time. So he is in God's hands. Dealing with my own heart issues I have learned to, "Let go and Let God." We plan to live life with joy and love for whatever time we are Graced with.

I'll be thinking of you and of Coco. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 10:34 am

On November 14 2006, 02:09, Garlic Gal wrote:Michele

I think in the agility, at least on the first two days that one of the Bull Terriers came in first but I'm not sure.

Nancy

Ya got me. the results got misplaced somewhere in the shuffle of 90 million things going on at once.

I'll take a look through my stuff again and see if I have anything at all.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » November 14th, 2006, 12:50 pm

I want to go! :o
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » November 14th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Me too!! And if everything goes as planned ( but, does it ever really??) I will be attending. Dogless, but hopefully I will be there
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Big_Ant » November 14th, 2006, 1:10 pm

I couldn't go dogless.

If so, I'd be the annoying guy in the crowd yelling, "That ain't sh*t, my dog could beat that!"

of course, all in jest since Weda is just a fat bitch right now. :D

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » November 14th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Well, come on then! Let's go so we can yell at everyone! :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Big_Ant » November 14th, 2006, 1:35 pm

I want to. I'll have to see how the year goes, and if Mama Ant will let me sneak away. I might consider bringing the whole fam though, since we have connections with the Marriott and could get a huge discount on a room.

hmmm . . . . Is there an age limit for guests?

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 2:18 pm

No age limit, though we reserve the right to require that you crate obnoxious children. :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » November 14th, 2006, 2:23 pm

On 11/14/2006 10:18 AM, mnp13 wrote:No age limit, though we reserve the right to require that you crate obnoxious children. :D

I don't have any crates, but I have plenty of duct tape.

I'm seriously considering this.

I'm trying to decide if it would be better to fly or drive down though.

The fly will be comfortable and hassle free, but the drive will provide some sightseeing and more views for the kids.

Anyone use priceline before?

I priced some tickets out with a regular discount airline broker and the tickets were around $400 per person (5 of us), but I went to priceline and just for grins and giggles I put in a price of $100 per person and it accepted it, and was begging for payment.

Is this correct? Am I gonna be on a boat with wings? It says a maximum of 2 connections, and the schedule seemed open book, but aside from that, what other pitfalls do I have to worry about?

I'm also thinking that if I drive I can bring the fat bitch, and maybe put in some action.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Oh, be very, very careful with priceline. 2 connections sounds great, but you could have layovers that are 8 hours long. You could also end up on flights that make no sense at all, such as flying to Florida, then to Detroit and then to Rochester; or something silly like that. Yes, you'll get here with only two stops but it will not be fun. Your whole trip could take 18 hours or somthign obscene like that.

Also, look into flying to Buffalo. It is an hour from Rochester, but often has fairs that are 20% (or more) cheaper. There is a chance that it will be in Syracuse, but that is only about an hour farther east.

Don't make any hotel reservations that you can't cancel, but as long as you get to the Buffalo/Rochester/Syarcuse area you'll be fine. You'll probably want to go to Buffalo at some point in the trip anyway to see Niagara Falls.

If you want to do a day trip or overnight without your dog, I know a couple Pit friendly kennels or they could probably stay at my house (on a crate and rotate of course)

Trust me, we have some AWESOME things in the works for next year, including a new event that we came up with and I have been grinning over since Sunday's meeting.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to North East