We have a litter.... please dont bash!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Magnolia618 » November 9th, 2006, 5:18 pm

EGG ZACK LEE!!!

These mice are damn spoiled :|
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby Big_Ant » November 9th, 2006, 5:25 pm

And if you slam them before feeding, all they remember is that the carnival was in town and they were going for a ride!!!

- Anthony
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby Magnolia618 » November 9th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Hey Ant! What can you tell me about monitors? and do you know anything about California King Snakes? I saw one in the pet store and it was SO cool!
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby Big_Ant » November 9th, 2006, 5:38 pm

On 11/09/2006 1:34 PM, Magnolia618 wrote:Hey Ant! What can you tell me about monitors? and do you know anything about California King Snakes? I saw one in the pet store and it was SO cool!


Depends on what kind of monitor you want.

Do you want something that will want to be handled, or would you sacrifice the 'friendliness' for a little better look?

What size limits are you looking for? 3ft, 6ft? Arboreal?

King Snakes I do not like, but as for what I can tell you, there is not much to know about them. They aren't anything special, IMO.

- Anthony
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby Magnolia618 » November 9th, 2006, 5:51 pm

On November 09 2006, Big_Ant wrote:
On 11/09/2006 1:34 PM, Magnolia618 wrote:Hey Ant! What can you tell me about monitors? and do you know anything about California King Snakes? I saw one in the pet store and it was SO cool!


Depends on what kind of monitor you want.

Do you want something that will want to be handled, or would you sacrifice the 'friendliness' for a little better look?

What size limits are you looking for? 3ft, 6ft? Arboreal?

King Snakes I do not like, but as for what I can tell you, there is not much to know about them. They aren't anything special, IMO.

- Anthony


I just like the way they look :|

Honestly, it doesnt need to be a kitten. I dont handle my snake as much as I'd like to :|

3-6 feet would be nice. I'm pretty sure we are getting another nice sized tank. 150 gallon? I think? I can tell you when Tom gets home.
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby Big_Ant » November 9th, 2006, 6:18 pm

I'd say look at a black throat monitor. They are pretty cool looking, and their temperament is usually good if they are handled when they are young. If my memory serves me correctly, you might get away with one from Kingsnake.com classified for around $150-$200

They usually average around 3.5ft.

If that's too big, let me know.

I'm actually looking forward to next December. I'm looking to get a pair of Australian Frilled Dragons. I have a huge walk-in enclosure all sketched out and ready for when they become adults.

- Anthony

*** I edited the average size. I put it down wrong.
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby Big_Ant » November 9th, 2006, 6:36 pm

They have tons of babies in the classifieds on Kingsnake.com for $99

- Anthony
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby mnp13 » November 9th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Frilled Dragons are COOL!!!!!

I have a Bearded Dragon now, I don't handle him much but he's still nice when I get him out.

From what I have read, Frilled Dragons are VERY VERY hard to handle no matter how often you handle them. They will tear your hands up in no time.

When Pavarotti passes I'm going to go back to fish. I miss my fish tank a LOT.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Magnolia618 » November 9th, 2006, 6:37 pm

The one at the petstore was $70 :|
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby Big_Ant » November 9th, 2006, 6:43 pm

On 11/09/2006 2:37 PM, mnp13 wrote:From what I have read, Frilled Dragons are VERY VERY hard to handle no matter how often you handle them. They will tear your hands up in no time.

Wild Caught (WC) and those that weren't handled when they were young might, but I've seen many that are docile enough to take out and handle.

The only thing that is hard to change with them is the flightiness. And as you probably know they are damn fast.

But I've handled quite a few that were perfectly fine with being handled. Might run from you trying to get them out, but once out they wouldn't tear you up.

I'm hoping to get a pair from SundialReptile.com if they can get anymore of those nice reds they've produced in the past. If not, I'd settle for a pair of the earthtone phases that they have.

I can't wait to put together the enclosure for them. It's going to be amazing.

- Anthony
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby Big_Ant » November 9th, 2006, 6:44 pm

On 11/09/2006 2:37 PM, Magnolia618 wrote:The one at the petstore was $70 :|

I despise reptiles from petstores.

Spend the extra $30 and get it from someone who specializes in reptiles and kept the animal in much better shape, so that you don't end up with problems later.

- Anthony
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby Magnolia618 » November 9th, 2006, 6:50 pm

On November 09 2006, Big_Ant wrote:
On 11/09/2006 2:37 PM, Magnolia618 wrote:The one at the petstore was $70 :|

I despise reptiles from petstores.

Spend the extra $30 and get it from someone who specializes in reptiles and kept the animal in much better shape, so that you don't end up with problems later.

- Anthony


I'll have to look around. :|
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby Big_Ant » November 9th, 2006, 6:52 pm

I don't know how many more times I can say it - Kingsnake.com

They have a classifieds section that is full of private breeders as well as reptile shops that sell through there.

It's easy to use, so USE IT!

- Anthony
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby Magnolia618 » November 9th, 2006, 7:41 pm

oops! :oops:
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby blayzeingsun » November 10th, 2006, 5:33 pm

How long will 15 little micies last her?
User avatar
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully
 
Posts: 659
Location: Idaho

Postby Magnolia618 » November 10th, 2006, 6:35 pm

Hmmm... she eats 2 or 3 every 2 weeks, soo......
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby iluvk9 » November 10th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Are you sure you don't want to keep them as pets? :| I thought of 15 names for them. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby Magnolia618 » November 10th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Why? So I can buy 15 more mice to feed my snake? lol
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

Postby Big_Ant » November 10th, 2006, 8:15 pm

On 11/10/2006 4:10 PM, iluvk9 wrote:Are you sure you don't want to keep them as pets? :| I thought of 15 names for them. :(

How about you give her the names and she'll keep you updated on their 'status'??? :twisted:
User avatar
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully
 
Posts: 1743

Postby Magnolia618 » November 10th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Image Image Image
User avatar
Magnolia618
I live here
 
Posts: 2435
Location: Onion, VT

PreviousNext

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]

cron