Owner's 4 pit bulls kill toddler

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby msvette2u » November 7th, 2006, 10:58 pm

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp? ... 9&nav=3w6o
New Media Producer: Rachel Chambliss

A South Carolina father faces homicide charges after his pit bulls attack and kill his 22-month-old son.

Authorities say the small child was dragged from his bed and mauled by the father's four pit bulls.

The family moved into a new home Saturday night and decided to let the dogs stay inside for the night. While the father stepped out to talk to the landlord, the attack happened.

The father is expected to be charged with homicide by child neglect sometime this week.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » November 8th, 2006, 1:29 am

Yes, and here is the transcript from Nancy Grace, not good

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ng.01.html
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Gatsu » November 8th, 2006, 1:41 am

reading the trans script is honestly giving me head ache and is nauseating, this grace person should be thrown off a cliff or arrested for stupidity!!

She asks questions and when they give her a logical response she goes and cuts them off ...bah. I want to hit this woman!!!!

sorry its boiling my blood....
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Gatsu » November 8th, 2006, 2:04 am

the sniff or taste blood comments arg!!!!!

OMG!!

I can put my pit bull in front of a pool of blood, she'll sit and wait for me to tell her to go. Yet alone go into an attack frenzy and try and tear up anything in her path.......

the nonsense!! ___(Insert number here) OF ANY ANIMAL should be left with a small child!!!!!
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » November 8th, 2006, 3:50 am

One step forward ten steps back... *sigh*
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby iluvk9 » November 8th, 2006, 7:20 am

That poor child. :cry1:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 8th, 2006, 11:09 am

OMG that woman was so ignorant! As soon as somebody began bringing up valid points, she'd cut them off and start talking about a baby that had been "eaten." Ugh. I'm so angry after reading that.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvmyangels » November 8th, 2006, 12:26 pm

That poor baby.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Miakoda » November 9th, 2006, 12:19 am

Of course I strongly believe there is more to the story & we will never know the truth.

But here are some of my thoughts:

First off, although I don't live in a trailer, I have been in several & friends who live in them & I can tell you that every little sound made is heard from room to room. They are not soundproof in the least (especially the older ones like the one in which this took place). So if the father was standing just outside like he claimed to have been, how in the hell did he not hear anything? How did he miss the screams, yells, & cries that you know his son was putting out? How did he not hear any bumps or thuds that would come from a bunch of dogs dragging a nearly 2yr old boy out of a bedroom, down the way, & into the kitchen? How did he not hear any barking or growling? Hell, I live in a 1700 sq. ft. house, & I can hear my son crying in the living room (which is on the backside of the house), when I am standing in the front yard talking to a neighbor. And when my dogs are on a raccoon, oppossum, or even a field mouse, I hear the barking, yipping, & growling that goes on just from that one dog, not to mention all the others.

And then supposedly there was another person he was outside talking to. You mean to tell me this person didn't hear a thing either?

And what about the fact that the father stated that he never let/lets the dogs inside, but yet in just this one "coincidental" tragedy, he lets them all inside, together & loose, & then just walks outside & shuts the door behind him?

And also when the police arrived, they expected a pack of angry, aggressive dogs yet they were met with a pack of "happy" dogs with wagging tails. Even the vet said they seemed "friendly" & made no aggressive maneuvers or growls. Now, don't get me wrong here....those dogs did something to that child & I'm NOT defending them (I would've killed them with my bare hands if one had attacked my child), but I find it strange nonetheless.

It's just all way to suspicious to me. And not to mention that either the media never got all their facts together (do they ever?), or the father changed his story, because I've read many different articles on it & some said the father was outside getting groceries from the car & was only gone a few seconds, another said he was outside talking to his landlord for only 5 minutes, & yet the latest is that he was outside talking to his boss for 10 minutes. So what is the truth?

And I sure as hell hope they do a THOROUGH autopsy on this child, b/c I'm seriously wondering if the boy wasn't already incapaciated in some way (maybe the father had something to do with his ultimate & tragic death besides what we do know) when this all took place. It's just a shame we'll never know the truth.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » November 9th, 2006, 8:40 am

I can't tell you how badly I wish I could march my wobbly self into her studio with my Pit Bull service dog and my husband, who at at 37 years old, STILL HAS A SCAR ON HIS FACE FROM A POODLE BITE!

I don't know where the hell she holds a license to practice law, but she sure as hell doesn't belong any where near a court room or in any legal capacity what-so-ever. Nancy Grace has no desire to find the truth, she is an opinionated, pig-headed, rude bitch, who only wants to force HER perspective on the viewers.

I'll see if I can pull the ratings for this show and her other shows when I get into the office. I wonder how they compare for the pit bull segment vs. her other shows or if they're pretty even across the board. I would suspect since she is like Jerry Springer, her ratings stayed about the same.

I agree with Mia, there is something not right with this guys' story. But we'll probably never know the truth. He was stupid. Plain and simple.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby lellis34 » November 9th, 2006, 1:22 pm

We also have to remember that this is the woman who drove a woman to kill herself. We still don't know if that woman had anything to do with her missing child, but now we never will because of Nancy Grace. The more sensational the better it is for her but she clearly cares nothing about the truth.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby Hoyden » November 9th, 2006, 3:22 pm

On November 09 2006, 1:22 PM, lellis34 wrote:We also have to remember that this is the woman who drove a woman to kill herself. We still don't know if that woman had anything to do with her missing child, but now we never will because of Nancy Grace. The more sensational the better it is for her but she clearly cares nothing about the truth.

Nancy Grace drove a woman to kill herself???

Give me a link, please!!!

I have a fathead to fry!
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » November 9th, 2006, 4:47 pm

Where have you been? It was all over the news last month! :google: :wink: The cops now think the lady DID kill her son & pretended that he was abducted. I don't think Nancy "drove" her to kill herself, the fact that the lady had no way OUT is what drove her to suicide. She was caught. :|

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » November 9th, 2006, 4:58 pm

On November 09 2006, cheekymunkee wrote:Where have you been? It was all over the news last month! :google: :wink: The cops now think the lady DID kill her son & pretended that he was abducted. I don't think Nancy "drove" her to kill herself, the fact that the lady had no way OUT is what drove her to suicide. She was caught. :|

You mean it wasn't Nancy Grace's fault?? :o I was just about to get her indicted.
Last edited by a-bull on November 9th, 2006, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Gatsu » November 9th, 2006, 4:58 pm

On November 09 2006, Hoyden wrote:
On November 09 2006, 1:22 PM, lellis34 wrote:We also have to remember that this is the woman who drove a woman to kill herself. We still don't know if that woman had anything to do with her missing child, but now we never will because of Nancy Grace. The more sensational the better it is for her but she clearly cares nothing about the truth.

Nancy Grace drove a woman to kill herself???

Give me a link, please!!!

I have a fathead to fry!

U can find a crap load of videos on it on youtube, i saw them yesturday. What a dumb bitch! god i hate her
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 9th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Great post Mia.

Perhaps the child was dead or dieing and the dogs were used to cover the tracks. I doubt many injuries could be found through the damage that the dogs inflicted.

But blame it on the dogs... just like the kid who was locked in the basement while the intact male and in-heat female were left to raom the house while the mother was gone.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Miakoda » November 9th, 2006, 5:45 pm

On Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:59 pm, mnp13 wrote:Great post Mia.

Perhaps the child was dead or dieing and the dogs were used to cover the tracks. I doubt many injuries could be found through the damage that the dogs inflicted.

But blame it on the dogs... just like the kid who was locked in the basement while the intact male and in-heat female were left to raom the house while the mother was gone.

Or like the lady last year (2005) who claimed her pit bull layed on her infact, smother her, while she went to turn off the oven in the kitchen & was gone "just a minute." Autopsy actually helped indict the MOTHER for smothering her own baby (along with other forms of child abuse). Of course it was reported as a "Pit Bull attack" & when the truth came out, I only small articles that proved the dog's inncoence (although the dog had already been euthanized) & proved the mother's guilt.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » November 9th, 2006, 8:21 pm

On Thu, Nov 09 2006, 3:58 PM, a-bull wrote:
On November 09 2006, cheekymunkee wrote:Where have you been? It was all over the news last month! :google: :wink: The cops now think the lady DID kill her son & pretended that he was abducted. I don't think Nancy "drove" her to kill herself, the fact that the lady had no way OUT is what drove her to suicide. She was caught. :|

You mean it wasn't Nancy Grace's fault?? :o I was just about to get her indicted.

:spit:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » November 10th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Once AGAIN pit bulls blamed for something they did not do. Bull boxer? :|

Owner Charged After Dogs Kill Boy

POSTED: 7:57 am EST November 9, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

FLORENCE, S.C. -- A man was charged with involuntary manslaughter after six of his dogs attacked and killed a 10-year-old boy as he walked home, prosecutors said.

Bentley Collins also was charged Tuesday with keeping unconfined, dangerous animals, prosecutors said. The dogs appear to be bull boxers, authorities said.

The body of John Matthew Davis was found in Collins' yard Friday night after the boy didn't return to his home less than a mile away, Sheriff Harold Grice said.

Investigators have not determined why the boy was in the yard with the dogs, which have been placed in the pound, Grice said.

Ok, HERE is what Bull Boxer is

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bullboxerphotos.htm

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » November 10th, 2006, 3:06 pm

:| Looks just like an American Bulldog to me....

The story is a shame, and that Nancy nemrod needs a kick in the butt. I watched her the other night talking about Anna Nicole, after I read her transcript. :shake: First time I've ever actually felt sorry for Anna Nicole.
Jenn
undecided

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL