Bichon-Poo!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » November 7th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Look what we got from the shelter today!
She was adopted and brought back (after only 4 days) because she "wouldn't housebreak" and "chewed".
What a TERRIBLE dog!

You can tell she's going to destroy our house!

Here she is thinking of attacking Jeff!

By Gummy, she DOES have eyes!! (Thanks Marinepits, I used the scissors to trim around her eyes!)
We'll work on housebreaking skills, social skills and have her spayed before she goes to a new home...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » November 7th, 2006, 10:16 pm

You're welcome! :wink:

She is a little cutie! How is her coat? It looks a bit matted.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby msvette2u » November 7th, 2006, 10:17 pm

Yes there's areas of mats, I clipped most of her ear fur off :(
On her tummy she has them too. I'm thinking of just shaving her down like a poodle...I don't know, I was going to ask you how to best fix it?
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » November 7th, 2006, 10:26 pm

Awww!

In that 3rd photo, it is hard to tell which end is the smiling end! :lol3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmyangels » November 7th, 2006, 10:28 pm

She is cute!! Better watch out she doesn't pee all over you and then try to eat you. LOL.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » November 7th, 2006, 10:28 pm

On November 07 2006, luvmyangels wrote:She is cute!! Better watch out she doesn't pee all over you and then try to eat you. LOL.

:groupjump:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » November 7th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Well, if the mats aren't too tight to the skin, you could shave her down with the 5F or 7F blade. Her face and tail look to be in decent condition, so try to keep those and trim them with scissors so they look proportional to her body. Before you trim her face, make sure you brush out the curls as straight as possible (try a wire brush/slicker brush) -- it will be easier to trim her evenly.

Ideally, the length of hair on her ears should blend into the same line from her chin to across her jaw line, but if they're matted just do the closest you can. If they're too matted to save the hair on the ears, you can shave her face down like her body. Try using the smaller cordless clipper. It's quieter and easier to use on faces than that big clipper.

You'll probably have her for a few weeks to work on the housebreaking/training anyway, so she'll grow in quite nicely during that time.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » November 7th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Look at all those little curls, what a cutie!
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » November 7th, 2006, 11:46 pm

OMG if you were closer I know the perfect home for her!! A friend of mine had two Bichon/Poodle mixes, Pepper died two years ago from kidney disease at about 14. I don't remember how old Phantom is but he is at least 12. Sweet little dogs!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » November 8th, 2006, 12:23 am

Awww that's sad. She seems to be a real sweetheart! She hasn't chewed ONE thing, but did try to intimidate me some when I was trimming her eye area. I just scruffed her lightly and told her to forget it, I'm the alpha now ;) I bet she had her other family on the run!
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members