STUPID SOB!!!!!!!!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Big_Ant » February 8th, 2006, 2:46 am

Damnit. What is up with the idiocy of this world.

I'm beyond pissed right now.

I took Weda out for our nightly bike ride. If ya'll remember about 3 or 4 months back I spoke about a Chow that someone in the neighborhood always leaves unleashed. The dog stopped short of coming after weda.

So anyways. I'm going down the street. I see the Chow outside with the Dad of the family this time. There is also a Collie (lassie) type dog with them.

I put Weda into a sit/stay and she does. The dogs see us and come running. NO F'IN LEASHES!!! So the guy starts saying in a very laid back tone. "Hey. Stop. Come here."

They both get up to Weda and the collie is taking a defensive stance. Weda and the dog get tangled because the dog is trying to push Weda out of the way.

Then the dog turns and tries to bite Weda. I am still on the bike as I was concerned that if I went to get off, I might lose control of Weda if something happened, even though I had her on a leash and everything.

So this dog tries to bite. Weda jumps back and I the dog just barely missed her. Was growling and trying for her over and over. So Weda jumps up on the dogs back, and grabs it's neck and won't let the dog move. The chow is staying out of it, but still in the way.

I tell Weda to 'OUT', even though she was in the right, IMO. She does, and then the guy starts trying to get his dogs away, but is still letting the collie come after Weda. So the dog runs around the other side of the bike, and tries to come up from behind. I seen him coming, so I cocked back and kicked him in the jaw and he got knocked back. The owner then says, "Hey, what the...". I cut him off and told him "Shut the smurf up and get your dog." He finally gets the dog away. I put Weda into a sit/stay again and start checking her. Not a scratch luckily.

Then the guy is over in front of his house with his belt trying to hit the Collie and get it into the back yard. Mind you, the dog didn't just get out on accident, he had the dogs out front with him.

So we start going again, and the guy keeps saying "Is she ok?" "Sorry man.", etc. etc. et al.

That's it. I'm filing a complaint this time. This stupid SOB is going to put in jeopardy not only my dog's health, but also her future. I can't have an overly dog aggro dog for SAR, and if crap like this keeps happening it's going to end up that way. Weda is already not very good with her manners because she's cautious of dogs trying to bite her, but it's not at the aggro stage, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Sorry. Had to rant. Animal Control isn't open til the AM, and I needed to vent before bed.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby JCleve86 » February 8th, 2006, 2:57 am

Ugh. On our walk today, we passed by a chain link fence that happened to have three extremely annoying, STUPID terriers on the other side. Yap, yap, yapping at my dogs. I could see the owners sitting on the deck, doing not a thing. Of course there was a fence in between, but when my dogs have three tiny terriers yapping at them less than a few feet away, they aren't going to ignore it. Little fuckers...

I also realized I need to teach my dogs that leave it means leave it, even if the dogs are really, really annoying and in your face. :oops: I'm working on it, slowly but surely.

Stupid dog owners suck. Your situation was certainly much more intense than mine though. Definitely report it. If nothing else, it will teach the guy to keep his non-obedient dogs on leash.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 8th, 2006, 3:02 am

wow... I'm sorry that happened.

I'm glad Weda is ok though!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby satanscheerleader » February 8th, 2006, 6:17 am

Nothing pisses me off more than crap like that. :mad2:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 8th, 2006, 10:25 am

That really stinks. We've had dogs come at us as well.

I have to say I've had to kick & fight off more than my share of loose dogs . I'm probably a little nuts as I will stick myself between the dog coming and my own. If I have one of my smaller ones and the dog coming isn't that big I pick mine up. I'm not very big myself so it isn't really a great option for me.

People are such morons. The worst is the usually will be saying calmly oh don't worry he doesn't bite while the dang thing is coming at us full force growling.

Animal control here I find is pretty useless. I've even filled complaints with them as well as the police and little gets done either way. It is however important to file the complaints as if aything else does happen you want it documented that these are irresponsible owners and it was a recurring problem so they don't try to flip it around and say you did something wrong

I'm glad you are both safe and OK
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Romanwild » February 8th, 2006, 10:49 am

Reporting any incident like that is a must. You have to file before they do! CYA!

I'm like you Therese. I always get in between or pick my dog up. I'll take the bite then they can talk to my lawyer! :twisted: I'm the Alpha and that's what Alpha's do. :|

When you're on a bike it's harder to do something like that but at least you got to kick the dog in the head. You must of stunned the owner when you told him to shut up and get his dog! :backRoll:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 8th, 2006, 11:05 am

Ugh! What a jerk! I can imagine how pissed you must have been! I'm glad Weda is okay!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 8th, 2006, 11:30 am

Wow. What a horrible thing to have to deal with! I'm glad Weda made it out okay, poor pup.

I think you handled yourself very well as I probably would have gone home, grabbed the poop bucket, and dumped it on his front door step.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullpony » February 8th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Maybe here is an appropriate place for shocking devices; especially those with variable intensity.
One little jolt to send Lassie home and a LARGER JOLT for her stupid :moon: owner?
Just a thought
pitbullpony
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » February 8th, 2006, 5:01 pm

If they're legal where you live that is a good idea. I used to carry a shovel when I had just one dog. Everyone thought it was for poop....little did they know! :twisted:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » February 8th, 2006, 5:04 pm

make sure that not only you report what happened to poor weda, but the guy was beating his dog with a belt..... stupid people... maybe you should send weda to me for the time being... you know.. to calm her down....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » February 8th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Maryellen wrote:make sure that not only you report what happened to poor weda, but the guy was beating his dog with a belt..... stupid people... maybe you should send weda to me for the time being... you know.. to calm her down....

What was your address again?

1642 S. Yeah Right Ave.? :P

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » February 8th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Romanwild wrote:If they're legal where you live that is a good idea. I used to carry a shovel when I had just one dog. Everyone thought it was for poop....little did they know! :twisted:

I carry a very large knife, that I've carried on me since way back when I was 16. It's a last resort though. There are some large dogs in the neighborhood (neighborhood being a 6 mile radius because of our long rides), and I'm not about to let Weda get hurt because of irresponsible owners.

I left it at home last night, since I had originally gotten ready for bed, but then decided that it wasn't fair to not take her since I was tired. Although, last night would NOT have been a reason to bring it out. Weda was capable, and so was I.

It's only a last resort.

I am considering a stun gun though, as that would be a little less harsh on the animal, should I be forced to use it.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Purple » February 8th, 2006, 8:47 pm

That sucks...I picked up 50 lb Hopscotch over my shoulders and kicked a lab back home this past fall......Damn, my heart was pounding so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack....and I cursed like a trucker......
Purple
I live here

Postby mydawgs » February 26th, 2006, 7:56 am

Keeping records and legal documents is so important, you never know when people are just going to be irrational and try to turn the whole thing around for a couple of dollars. File the complaint, keep a copy...COVER WEDA's ASS as well. Good luck to you.
mydawgs
Just Whelped

Postby luvmyangels » February 26th, 2006, 11:29 am

Wow that is really messed up. Thank goodness Weda is ok. That is really scary.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby pLaurent » February 26th, 2006, 11:52 am

Sigh...I"ve had stuff like that happen so many times that I now only take Chloe walking in places where I know there are no loose dogs. It's a real drag, because I have to drive her there, or take her out late at night.

All these boneheads must be related. It's always the same. Loose dog comes charging, idiot stands there saying "Come here" OR "It's okay - he's friendly!" They obviously feel the leash law doesn't apply to them. So I can't walk MY leashed dog because other people ignore the law. :x

We have no AC here, so I called City Hall and they told me to call the cops next time. And I will.

Chloe was fine with polite dogs when I got her. She is not anymore, due to being charged at by lunging, barking, growling dogs more times than I can count.

I"m sorry idiots caused this to happen to Weda. I sure know how you feel!
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2006, 2:53 pm

I don't even take my dogs for walks anymore because of all the loose dogs around here. Luckily I have a big back yard & they get plenty of exercise running the fence lines with the neighbor's dogs. They don't mind those dogs because they are in their yards where they are supposed to be but any other dogs are NOT allowed according to them.

My neighbors moved out for several months & rented their house to a family with a little spaniel puppy. my dogs HATED that puppy & gave it hell every time they saw it. If I saw the puppy outside when they needed to potty I would take them out on leash so they would leave the poor thing alone. They moved & the original owners moved back in with their ancient bird dog Elvis.......my dogs are happy again! I guess they decided that was Elvis' yard & didn't appreciate any other dog being in it. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby annieinpa » February 26th, 2006, 3:36 pm

I'm glad to hear tha wenda is ok and so are you.

I had something like that happen to me when my daughter was a baby. A friend and i were taking my daughter for a walk and she had her bischon.

We're coming up to a yard that had 2 HUGE german shepards the girl was outside w/them then saw us coming and went in the house. I knew something was going to happen cause the fence was low enough for them to jump.

Sure enough as soon as we got closer (we were walking in the street not on the sidewalk) these 2 GSD come charging at us. I jumped in front of my daughter's stroller to protect her and my friend picked up her dog and got out the mace.

the stupid girl was just standing by the door. I told her if she doesn't call her dogs in I'm kicking the one and my friend is going to mace the other one. (her neighbors saw the whole thing as they were in their back yard) I guess she didn't take us seriously my friend brought out the mace and the girl came quick. I was waiting to get attacked. I rather the dog get me then my little girl.

She comes out and takes them in the house and is yelling at us. I told her to shut the f up and I'm calling the cops. She could've have just risked a serious injury and I told her Godforbid the kids were walking up here, they wouldn't have been able to defend themselves. she didn't care and we walked away.

When I got home I called Hazleton's finest and at first they were trying to blow me off and I told them that if they didn't do something about it, I'll call the media and make a big deal of it. I told him the seriousness (lucky I had a friend of the family who is very close to us go and talk to this girl.

needless to say, a couple of weeks later there was a for sale sign in their yard and them and the dogs were GONE!!
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull Talk