Lilly's eyes

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby msvette2u » October 28th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Post surgery!

I guess it takes a few weeks for them to get back to normal :(

msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » October 28th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Poor little girl! I am sure she knows how loved she is!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » October 28th, 2006, 7:40 pm

She's really a neat dog :) Housebroken, sleeps on the bed, likes to lay by my feet during the day, I don't know why she has not found a home yet!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » October 28th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Poor girl. I hope she is better soon.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby msvette2u » October 28th, 2006, 8:08 pm

I can see her whole eye, so it is an improvement but you can tell she's not feeling very well! She's QUIET for once! :shock: lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » October 28th, 2006, 10:54 pm

make sure she doesn't scratch them!! (believe me, they do sometimes!)
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » October 29th, 2006, 1:10 am

On October 28 2006, Malli wrote:make sure she doesn't scratch them!! (believe me, they do sometimes!)

Geesh I know - she was so sleepy yesterday afternoon and before I knew it she'd come around and was rubbing one, I flipped out. She's now wearing that donut thing that Smitty wore when he had that bleeding sore on his neck! And she HATES it but can't get to her eyes (yay!) I woke up this AM and the right eye was GUMMED SHUT :(
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » October 29th, 2006, 4:54 am

ew :noWay:
Did they say to expect that or what? Did they give you drops or is she taking anything?

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » October 29th, 2006, 11:02 am

No, no drops - like I said, I'm not happy with the entire thing - I almost didn't even have the vet do it, because they used the stand-in vet and not the regular one. But she said she felt confident in doing it.
I'm getting some sterile saline today for the other dogs' ear, do you think I could use it in Lilly's eyes? Let me know...(I'll read the directions too)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » October 29th, 2006, 11:58 am

I just LOVE this little girl!! I know you will find her a wonderful new home but if I was closer & didn't have these two butt hole pit bulls..............
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » October 29th, 2006, 12:19 pm

lol and she's my "game" terrier, she has the heart of a PIT!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » October 29th, 2006, 1:40 pm

I think the saline would be ok, but ideally I think you'd want to get something with a lubricating antibiotic affect. The saline definately wouldn't hurt her, its used in iv fluids for dogs and people.

according to this http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/ce.html the eyes heal in just a few days, so thats probably why they didn't give you any drops, you'd think at least 10 days of antibiotics would be in order, though. What color were the crusties on the eye that was shut?

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » October 29th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Her whole eye was crusted shut with a darkish goop. Probably a bit of blood left over from the surgery?
They told me three WEEKS before things looked "normal"?
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » October 29th, 2006, 2:15 pm

I agree probably just a little blood from irritation and the surgery.

watch for yellow or "puke" green colors of eye goop(is that a word and is that the spelling?), or excessive amounts.(as you probably already know).

I don't do a lot of the "routine" or scheduled day surgeries at my work so I'm not familiar with typical antibiotics for this procedure, or if it is typical to prescribe them, it may be one of those depends on the doctor and preferences things...
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » October 29th, 2006, 3:52 pm

One has a bit of yellow gunk in the corner, it's a wet glob right now, not crusty. I'll keep an eye on it. We have to run to Walmart and get the ear wash/saline for Leisel, they didn't specify which kind and the only kind I can think of is a sterile type for contacts. So I'll see if it's appropriate to rinse out poor Lilly's eyes with.
Keep your fingers X'ed - I JUST got an inquiry on Lilly!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » October 29th, 2006, 8:14 pm

xed! :D
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 29th, 2006, 10:15 pm

Oh I hope it's a GOOD inquiry!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » October 29th, 2006, 10:25 pm

No. After I put "no kids under 8" they have a 6yr. old. SIGH. OH well, she gets to hang with us longer. ;)
BTW I squirted her eyes with the saline solution and she didn't freak out. It washed the goobery stuff out.
I found the sterile kind at Walmart for less than $2.00!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » October 30th, 2006, 10:10 am

good!

do the eyes look better?

How is Lilly acting?

man, do people not understand there is a reason when you say no kids under eight? yeesh, its not like you just put that stipulation in for fun...
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby msvette2u » October 30th, 2006, 11:31 am

I told them she just doesn't like little kids - she growls at my girl who is 11 and the size of many adults at 5'4"! She doesn't growl at Tyler who is 14. Odd huh?? It's like she senses Ashley is younger and just doesn't take anything from her. She doesn't bite or anything but probably would snap if a child ignored her boundaries.
Her eyes look pretty good, the right one is still red looking and irritated but i don't think stitches have come loose. I'm praying that's not the case. They sort of flare up and flare down if that makes sense, like get slightly worse than better. I don't know if it's her activity level but they did that when they were prolapsed too, sometimes they'd look redder than other times. I can see her entire eye so I think it's just inflammation from the surgery.
She's acting less cranky daily, which is good. She tolerates me touching her and the first day or so she didn't!
msvette2u
I live here

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members