the old codger

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby concreterose » January 10th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Pookie has risen to a new level of ancient queendom. She refuses to go outside in the morning until she has eaten her breakfast. I nudged her out the door to 'make' her go, and she plopped down on the deck, shot me the stink eye, and barked until I let her back in and fed her. Then she ran to the back door, went outside and took a dump, and kicked dirt all over it :shock:
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 10th, 2006, 5:28 pm

You better do what the queen says missy!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » January 10th, 2006, 8:52 pm

Queen Pookie has every right to eat first.... she is the QUEEN..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » January 10th, 2006, 11:04 pm

:shock: How old is she? Is this where my future is heading? :shock:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » January 10th, 2006, 11:16 pm

Purple is 8, she gets outta bed when she's good and ready, about 11am......
Purple
I live here

Postby concreterose » January 10th, 2006, 11:23 pm

satanscheerleader wrote::shock: How old is she? Is this where my future is heading? :shock:

She's twelve. I just gave her her cortisone pill in some cream cheese and pepperoni and I swear she almost gummed my finger to death (no teech at the top in the front). SHe has been very trippy today. I think the old gal might be going a bit senile :squint:
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 10th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Poor baby has been through so much lately she deserves to be a little "off".

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » January 11th, 2006, 12:13 am

We're going to have to fix her up with my old boy, Kato. He's going a bit deaf and is warty. :shock:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2006, 12:53 am

Warty, deaf, lumpy & senile. I see that in MY future, never mind the puppies. :sad2:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » January 11th, 2006, 1:02 am

OMG! :lol:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 2:28 am

What was up with the poor girl, if you don't mind me asking? I think we definitley need to see some pictures! I'm not sure that I have yet. I've been very lucky up to this point. I have three senior girls, 11, 12 and 13 and so far outside of Venus going deaf and having some back leg weakness and Marz and Nyx with the arthritis, oh ya..... all of them being incontinent :shock: , I've had it pretty good. So far they have all managed to keep senile.
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby concreterose » January 11th, 2006, 1:02 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:What was up with the poor girl, if you don't mind me asking? I think we definitley need to see some pictures! I'm not sure that I have yet. I've been very lucky up to this point. I have three senior girls, 11, 12 and 13 and so far outside of Venus going deaf and having some back leg weakness and Marz and Nyx with the arthritis, oh ya..... all of them being incontinent :shock: , I've had it pretty good. So far they have all managed to keep senile.

She has been battling cancer for almost two years. Mast cell tumors (we got rid of them naturally) and now mammary tumors. She just had major surgery about a month and a half ago to get a two pound tumor removed (that she ripped open), recovered wonderfully, only to have two more pop up, plus it looks like she might have some more little mast cells :shock: Being old sucks.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 10:09 pm

I'm so sorry. I went through breast cancer twice with Venus. Two lumpectomies and a double masectomy later and so far so good. I perpetually check her for lumps. :shock:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » January 11th, 2006, 10:15 pm

Cancer and old age...makes you love them all the more, doesn't it?
Purple
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 10:54 pm

My mum said Venus getting cancer was one of the best things for me because it helped to prepare me emotionally for the fact that some day I would loose her. :shock: Sadly, I think there may be some truth to that. :(
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » January 11th, 2006, 11:01 pm

I lost Petey at age 7, even though I knew, I still wasn't prepared. It's been a year and a half, and I can say I miss him like it was yesterday....
Purple
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 11:04 pm

:sad2:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby concreterose » January 11th, 2006, 11:14 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:I'm so sorry. I went through breast cancer twice with Venus. Two lumpectomies and a double masectomy later and so far so good. I perpetually check her for lumps. :shock:

Yeah, she's had one. How old was Venus w/the surgeries...how did she do with going under so much? Pook has another one (actually two), don't know if I want to do it again. I'm hoping her herbal remedies dissolve them. You are right, I had fallen into a depression knowing she is not immortal, but I have just learned to really cherish every day with her. I stopped wasting time thinking about her leaving and instead enjoy the fact that she is still here. Sometimes I get a little melancholy, but looking at her happy and alive won't let me feel that way for long!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 11:38 pm

I think Venus was eight for her first sugery. They did the lumpectomy and then determined it was cancer so we did the double masectomy. She handled it fine. When we got home after the surgery, I figured she was under the weather so I let her off the leash in the yard for a pee and she ran and jumped at the tire swing. :shock: I think she had a harder time handling the teeth she got pulled as far as the after pain.
She had a second lumpectomy at 12. She actually had a lump on her side which was the reason I brought her in but that turned out to be just fatty tissue but during the exam he found to tiny lumps in her breast. I would never have found them they were so small. I'm glad he took his time to really examine her. He was a new vet too. My vet I loved had just sold her practice so I was so stressed with taking her somewhere new. He suggested not to do another masectomy because of her age and he felt very confident that he had got everything as they were fully incased in tissue. She handled that one well, too. She was begging the second she came in the door. No doubt I will really know something is wrong with her the day she refuses food. :shock:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk