Not pits but...

Postby msvette2u » October 15th, 2006, 6:49 pm

There was an ad on petfinder classifieds for these two. Ad said they must be adopted together, blahblahblah.
I blew it off.
Then GUESS WHO (I won't name names - Susan Friend of SCC!) wrote to me...and said "Ohh look at these poor doxies".
Turns out, Susan KNEW the woman and her labradors are vicious and have mauled the mom dog. So now I'm fostering an UNneutered male doxie of about 7yrs. and the Mom Susie, about 9, who, well God knows if she's spayed. She's fat. I know that. And something BAD has happened to her, too...the boy is Odie. He looks identical to Copper but thinner. Much thinner...
Mom Susie--

Son Odie--

They REEKED when they got her so have been bathed. Odie has a teary eye for some reason. I don't EVEN know if they've had shots lately - owner (who says SHE rescued them, who knows what really happened) had no idea!!! :shock:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Libby » October 15th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Aw, those poor things. They look so scared and unhappy. Especially that momma dog. I hope someone comes along and scoops them up.

Ket
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » October 15th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Thanks - Susan was right, my heart broke over this all. I had to get them out of the mess they were in!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » October 15th, 2006, 7:15 pm

That is so so sad :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » October 15th, 2006, 7:19 pm

I know it :(
I don't even usually read those ads, and when I saw it I was like "oh yeah, right". I still don't know how much of what this gal told us was pure BS but either way the dogs needed help. And we're here...
Ketra, don't worry, we'll have room for your little foster girl too, at least ONE puppy (Flash the pit X) leaves Wednesday, and one puppy left today :) Felicity got adopted Thursday so we're doing pretty well...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Libby » October 15th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Ok, I was a little concerned, but if you didn't have room, I would understand--those daschunds look like they need the rescue more, since Mysti will be able to stay with me until you have space, if time is needed.

Poory babies. I showed my mom their pictures, because she owns mini doxies as well, and she got all sappy over them. Poor babies.

Ket
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » October 15th, 2006, 7:35 pm

We have playpens and they get out time too.
We got a new playpen (ex pen) just for them, so far everyone's GOOD with each other but when we're gone of course everyone's separated :)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » October 15th, 2006, 7:52 pm

That first photo makes me want to pick her up and just hug her. Thanks for taking them in, 'Vette.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Rescue