Oboe in MD needs foster

Postby babyreba » October 5th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Meet Oboe, a dog who was taken in recently from the streets by Bmore rescue group Recycled Love. He was coveredin bite wounds and scrapes, which are now healing up nicely. He's recently been neutered and he's living in a boarding kennel till RL finds a good foster home for him.

He's a *great* little dog of the gamedog-looking variety. He's friendly with everyone, easygoing in the presence of other dogs, unphased by loud noises, traffic, etc. I played a good game of tug with him and he calms down very quickly after being all riled up.

However, he has not a lick of training and needs housebreaking, basic OB, and leash training. Anyone looking for a project?

I'm sure he'll make it up to you with lots of kisses!

Oboe says "are you my foster mommy?"

babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 5th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Wow, he is covered in bites. Ouch. So handsome though!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » October 5th, 2006, 3:05 pm

He's definately a handsome boy.
Purple
I live here

Postby babyreba » October 5th, 2006, 3:06 pm

The poor guy looked much worse in person. A lot of those bites were oozing and infected, and he also had a bunch along the sides of his neck and face and back of his head. He's healing up well tho with antibiotics and such. Thank goodness.

I'll be getting better shots of him next Monday, when I go see him again at the kennel.

I just wish we could find him a good place to learn house manners so he'd be more adoptable. A boarding kennel is no place for a dog to live. :(
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby lellis34 » October 5th, 2006, 3:33 pm

Where is he located? Is he still in Baltimore or someplace else? I'm in Maryland, but unfortunately can't take him in. My husband would kill me. But, I'd be willing to go visit and work with him some if they need someone to do that. Any idea on his age and background?

I'm e-mailing some folks I know who have done some fostering so maybe we'll find someone for him.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby luvmyangels » October 5th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Poor guy!! I hope he heals up & finds a foster and forever home soon.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby babyreba » October 5th, 2006, 5:05 pm

He was vetted here in Bmore city at Academy Animal Hospital, and he's headed up to a kenneling facility in Reisterstown/Owings Mills when he's fully recovered.

His background is probably the typical urban pit bull hard-luck story: Bred, bought, fought (or attempted to be fought), dumped.

He was found outside the B&O Railroad museum by a couple who saw him wandering and all cut up. They brought him to a vet because he was in rough shape and called around for rescue help, and ended up reaching Catalina at RL, who called me to see if I could meet him and help assess him.

I spent a while with him and was quite impressed with his demeanor. Even surrounded by a bunch of strange women intent on squeezing him he just gave kisses and lounged around. Very much at home wherever you put him.

Prolly about 1.5 years old, definitely had some face-time with another dog who was interested in scrapping with him.

He needs foster care so he can be housebroken and such. He quite literally knows nothing, not even "sit."

If you're interested in volunteering to work with him, I can get you a volunteer application, just let me know. PM me if you'd like!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby babyreba » October 9th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Oboe's on his way to foster care this week! And he's doing really well with both male and female dogs thus far!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » October 9th, 2006, 5:23 pm

That is wonderful news! These types of rescues just break my heart. I am so glad Oboe can now experience a REAL home with love.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Rescue