Hi

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Vin » October 1st, 2006, 10:22 am

Hello all-

My name is Vin and my wife's name is Abby. We are proud parents of Preacher 'Mr. pants' and 'Crazy' Ms. Farrah. We own a farm in western NY and enjoy cultivating the earth, caring for the animals and exploring the woods. I volunteer at the TCSPCA and am in the process of becoming licensed animal rehabilitatotr.

It's nice to have found a board that is still active. :greenWave:
Vin
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 1st, 2006, 10:40 am

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » October 1st, 2006, 10:57 am

Hello!

Tell us more about your dogs -- I'm assuming they're pits or mixes? And how did you come up with the name "Mr. Pants"? :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby turtle » October 1st, 2006, 12:42 pm

Hey Vin! Long time no see! Sounds like you and Abby are enjoying it at your new place, congrats!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » October 1st, 2006, 6:29 pm

Hey crazy man!! I know you!! That poor lady married you?? :shock: Glad to hear you are still around. Give us a little more info so I can let you in, how long have you owned pit bulls? When did you become interested in the breed?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Vin » October 2nd, 2006, 2:10 pm

Hi guys! GF.. how have you been??

Ya want more info? Sheesh :o

Well, I have known pit bulls for oh... 25 years minus 9-12 grades spent at boarding school. I was 'dishonorably discharged' from the ranks of public school misfits for numerous and rather hilarious transgressions, so my parents sent we away to save my soul. It worked. I am a better person for it, although at the time, I became even more rebellious.

Preacher is APBT and Farrah is probably mixed with something a few generations back. Farrrah has IBD and Preacher is immuno compromised from vaccines. They are both clowns and wonderfully passionate beings, but (insert very long story) they hate each other. It is interesting living in one house with dogs hell bent on doing away with one another. No joke, they will go through doors and walls to get to each other. Luckily our walls are 8 inch thick logs. Our home is a simple maze of gate systems and tie-outs. We are fortunate enough to have an open loft as a second floor so the dogs can always be completely separated and free to move about their own floor but not be isolated. Steel gates at the top and bottom of stairs. All doors have double 5 foot gates.

I used to train dogs but quickly grew tired of hard to train humans. Now I bake bread and work the farm. Our dogs have gone from obedience wunderkinds to nearly wild, lazy beast. All they want to do is eat and play and weight pull. They seem to enjoy the open space. I KNOW we enjoy it:)

We have chickens and goats and a donkey. A Cow and horses to come in the future. I'll post pics when I get access.

I am in a book called "Body Type" check it out.

We are working on a book about the APBT but the farm has absorbed us for now. We are n a different place and trying to regain some composure. Once our house is built we can start working on that monster again.

Oh... and we can only get dial-up out here. :cry:
Vin
Just Whelped

Postby PBT Staff » October 2nd, 2006, 2:17 pm

PBT Staff

Postby cheekymunkee » October 2nd, 2006, 2:20 pm

Now HURRY with those pictures!! I haven't seen Preacher man in years! I'm very surprised to hear that they cannot be around each other any more, I remember when you lived with both of them in a loft. Damn pit bulls anway! :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Vin » October 3rd, 2006, 7:46 am

oh... i forgot how these things workie. I don't have any more pics online due to slug speed internet access so I can't link any pics for the board. Let me do some legwork and see if I can't start another picturetrail or something. [/img]
Vin
Just Whelped

Postby Red » October 3rd, 2006, 9:38 am

About time your sorry ass got on forums again!! :D
Nice to see you here.
Send me some pics Vin, I can post them for you no problem or send you links.

And uhmm....I got your e-mail.You are killing me man, you are killing me!!! :o
Running to work so i will answer you later.
Red
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Introductions