Oh hell.

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 26th, 2006, 10:52 pm

So BSL is hitting real close to home now - my apartment left me a note on my door today saying "call us regarding your dog." Apparently some of my fabulous neighbors have called and complained that I have a pit bull. I've been introducing her as a mixed breed if somebody asks. And not once when I was doing paperwork and all that crap did the apartment ask what kind of dog I have or mention restricted breeds. However, now they're saying I will probably have to get rid of Inara. Over my dead body. I told them that they are more than welcome to instruct me to get rid of Inara, but we would discuss it further in court. So keep your fingers, toes, and paws crossed. They took a pic of Inara to show their boss so it's up to their boss (who I'm sure is an expert :rolleyes2: ) to decide if she is a pit bull and I have to get rid of her.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cannon » September 27th, 2006, 1:12 am

Oh, jeez. Sorry to hear that.

Let us know what the verdict is.
cannon
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » September 27th, 2006, 1:21 am

I know if anyone can fix it, you can!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby DemoDick » September 27th, 2006, 1:34 am

Start looking for a new place ASAP.

Demo Dick
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Marinepits » September 27th, 2006, 7:06 am

Oh, sh!t! Let me know if I can help, Liz.

If worse comes to worse, Inara can always come stay with me. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » September 27th, 2006, 8:57 am

Rediculous!! What did the pet clause of the paperwork say, exactly?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jenn » September 27th, 2006, 9:00 am

Dang, I'm sure your already dealing with enough. :hug3: Fingers, and toes crossed for you two.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Purple » September 27th, 2006, 9:03 am

Good luck! Fingers and toes crossed.
Purple
I live here

Postby toomanypitties » September 27th, 2006, 9:46 am

Oh no!

If there wasn't anything in the lease/rental agreement about restrictions on breed, I don't think they can force you out.

It's a good thing we know an attorney huh? :)

Good luck, let me know if you need anything at all Liz.
toomanypitties
Just Whelped

Postby luvmyangels » September 27th, 2006, 9:55 am

What a horrible situation. You are going through so much already. Just what you needed. Sorry. Good luck!! Please keep us updated.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 27th, 2006, 9:55 am

Thanks for the support all! I signed absolutely nothing that stated there were breed restrictions. The only pet thing I signed was stating that I had paid my $200 pet deposit and I was allowed to have a dog. :| Not once did they ask what breed she was, nor did they mention there were restricted breeds.

I'm dreading going home today because I'm afraid there will be another note saying that their boss is going to make me get rid of her. I'm really good at talking big about taking them to court, and I will, but it scares the poop out of me to do so. Fortunately the president of my rescue was an attorney for a big law firm so she's been doing a good job keeping me calm. If this goes to court, I'm sooo contacting all the media - "Law enforcement officer going through painful separation is being forced to get rid of her puppy." That poop's good. I'm also going to get statements from the three trainers who have worked with her, as well as her vet, vouching for her temperament. I'm wondering if this is God's way of getting me REALLY involved in the fight against BSL! :shock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby rockermom » September 27th, 2006, 10:06 am

Hope it all works out! :)
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 27th, 2006, 10:27 am

On September 27 2006, 8:55 AM, pitbullmamaliz wrote:Thanks for the support all! I signed absolutely nothing that stated there were breed restrictions. The only pet thing I signed was stating that I had paid my $200 pet deposit and I was allowed to have a dog. :| Not once did they ask what breed she was, nor did they mention there were restricted breeds.

I'm dreading going home today because I'm afraid there will be another note saying that their boss is going to make me get rid of her. I'm really good at talking big about taking them to court, and I will, but it scares the poop out of me to do so. Fortunately the president of my rescue was an attorney for a big law firm so she's been doing a good job keeping me calm. If this goes to court, I'm sooo contacting all the media - "Law enforcement officer going through painful separation is being forced to get rid of her puppy." That poop's good. I'm also going to get statements from the three trainers who have worked with her, as well as her vet, vouching for her temperament. I'm wondering if this is God's way of getting me REALLY involved in the fight against BSL! :shock:

Sounds to me like they are screwed. Contact your housing authority also.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » September 27th, 2006, 12:43 pm

Good luck on this Liz ,

Do you got a copy of your lease, go back and read it ...

If it doesn't say any thing about certain breeds you got a leg to stand on...
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL