What do you collect?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Marinepits » September 25th, 2006, 9:10 pm

They're ACTION FIGURES! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » September 25th, 2006, 9:11 pm

On September 25 2006, 21:10, Marinepits wrote:They're ACTION FIGURES! :D

yeah, like Barbie.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » September 25th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Whatever they are, they're the down-payment on our retirement ranch in Montana, LOL.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » September 25th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Why does 40 year old virgin come to mind?
Purple
I live here

Postby bouvierz » September 25th, 2006, 10:35 pm

On September 25 2006, mnp13 wrote:I think I have a mid-80's Misty of Chincotique (sp?) if I can dig it up do you want it?

OFF TOPIC- I just too MAdison to Chincoteague Island to see Misty's ancestors and the wild pony swim it was a trip.

ON TOPIC- (I forgot one of my collections)I collect anything with dragonflys including my tattoo of one
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » September 25th, 2006, 10:55 pm

I collect hobbies and the things that go with them.

I used to scrapbook alot, but have lost interest in it since becoming so sick. Now I have a couple hundred pounds of lovely 8.5" x 11" and 12" x 12" paper, several hundred paper punches, more markers, pens, gel pens, color pencils stickers, die cuts, decorative edge scissors and other tools than I know what to do with. All boxed up in my basement.

I also used to play with my paper crafts. I used to get a kick out of turning colored bits of paper into bouquets and flower arrangements.

I used to do a ton of decorative painting, like Donna Dewberry and alot of my own unique stuff. But I don't paint as much any more. Just rocks to make my garden pretty. I like to paint celtic work on rocks.

I read ALOT, and I keep every book I read, so that in itself is one hell of a collection.

Right now I have a healthy collection of period correct fabrics and leather working tools.

I used to collect small jewelery boxes from all over the world. But when we seperated, my cursed ex decided that instead of returning my things to me as promised, he'd rather pillage the things I had collected from all over the world and give them to girls that he hoped to impress enough to ignore the sniveling momma's boy that he is.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Miakoda » September 26th, 2006, 1:24 am

On Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:56 pm, mnp13 wrote:I think I have a mid-80's Misty of Chincotique (sp?) if I can dig it up do you want it?

I would LOVE it! :D
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » September 26th, 2006, 4:05 am

I USED to collect a lot of things...

my current obsession is alcohal paraphenalia (decanters, shot glasses, martini glasses, martini shakers, wine bottle stoppers.)I am just starting that collection... I am really into hand made martini glasses, though I've yet to buy any of those

I also have a "collection" of exotic frogs, 3 American Green Tree Frogs, 2 Red Eyed Tree Frogs, a Cuban Tree Frog, and a Yellow Mantella (he is terrestrial).

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Devin » September 27th, 2006, 12:28 am

I mostly collect collars for Dante. Mostly from collarmania.com. Other than that I just collect soda cans on my computer desk LOL I never was a big fan of collecting things. Used to collect beanie babies when I was a very little kid lol But that was mostly because my mom kept buying them.
Devin
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby satanscheerleader » September 28th, 2006, 12:28 am

I collect creepy stuff! :stickDance:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 7th, 2011, 12:11 am

I'm in the market to change what I collect. Though I'm not ready to sell off my vinyl, I am contemplating selling off some of my other collections and starting in on something new.

While contemplating what to collect next I was wondering . . . What do YOU all collect??

The more random the better ;)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BullyLady » February 7th, 2011, 1:33 am

Makeup, and anything dragon/dragon-related, also fairy figurines of the adult variety.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby SLS61185 » February 7th, 2011, 4:30 am

Is it weird that I don't collect anything?

When I was younger I did the teddybears/stuffed animals, beanie babies, trolls, Taz... All that stuff.

Now? I can't really find anything I 'like'.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby FAB dogs » February 7th, 2011, 8:22 am

Dog hair - it collects in the corners of the house, on my clothes, in my car, etc. :D

I have an extensive collection of mouse and Mickey Mouse items from my youth. Haven't added to it in years, but a few items in the collection mean a lot to me.

Thanks to ebay, over the years I've collected stone eggs - very pretty and I still have a few that I liked the color of. And also old photos. I love black and white photos. I have a photo hand tinting kit so some of them I'd color. I'd also collect old photos of dogs, particularly huskies when I could find them, but B&W photos of any dogs were fine with me. I buy cheap frames at yard sales and Goodwill, frame the photos and put them up around the house. I've still got one in my kitchen of a small child sitting in front of a large Thanksgiving turkey. No idea who the kid is but it looks good in the kitchen.

Now that times are tight, I just can't justify buying these things anymore. Mostly because I have no self control and would go way overboard with my bidding.
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » February 7th, 2011, 9:20 am

I collect vintage salt n' pepper shakers...dog ones. Also animal shaped creamers, and Alice in Wonderland tea stuff. It's good, because it's not easy to find cool stuff, so my collection doesn't get out of hand.

I collect dogs, I collect dog collars, I collect Wiener dog stuff (I used to collect basset stuff) and Aussie stuff. The nice thing is, I have "odd" colored dogs of my breed, so it's harder to find...red Aussies and chocolate wieners aren't the norm. I really like old pics/drawings/etc that have my breed (Wiener, basset) or just dogs that I like...heck, they don't have to be actual vintage, I like the look.

I collect tea things: tea tongs, tea steepers/strainers, tea cups. I'm still looking for sugar tongs...but I'm not that crazed about it...so it'll come to me in time.

John collects dragon stuff...he has figurines (I'm trying to limit the cheesy items that come in) and swords (we do have two of them over the fireplace).

I try and limit our stuff, so I don't spend $$$ on it, and we don't get crowded in our tiny little house. ;) That's why I'm really picky, so my collections aren't LARGE
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby copperlegend » February 7th, 2011, 9:43 am

I have an insane amount of nail polish for someone not super girly, so I guess I collect that.

Anything with a Paris/Eiffel Tower theme, but I am really picky about that, so it's a small collection.

Seashells

Aaron collects car parts...
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » February 7th, 2011, 9:58 am

I think we have this thread already... I'll merge them later when I find it. Too much for me to re-type!!! lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » February 7th, 2011, 10:02 am

mnp13 wrote:I think we have this thread already... I'll merge them later when I find it. Too much for me to re-type!!! lol

I thought this sounded familiar :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » February 7th, 2011, 10:19 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I collect vintage salt n' pepper shakers...dog ones. Also animal shaped creamers, and Alice in Wonderland tea stuff. It's good, because it's not easy to find cool stuff, so my collection doesn't get out of hand.

I run across salt and pepper shakers sometimes. I found silver ones not long ago, but not in a breed I wanted. I'll keep you in mind!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Rossignol » February 7th, 2011, 10:27 am

Guns are pricey, so I dont have but a handful. No need to be collectible or rare firearms or antiques. Also knives, one of a kind pieces. I do have one old gun which is a breech load 10 ga. with the trade name "Sportsman's Cleveland". I havent been able to identify the maker yet, but there is one company that was making them as far back as 1902. It was given to me by my father in law, and had belonged to his grandfather. Jenny's uncle was an Army Ranger in Vietnam and had a local make a knife for him while he was there, the sheath is actually hand carved wood. I had one made for me, with an elk antler handled, brass finger bolster and stainless pins through the handle and tang. So just a few one offs of that nature. Also old leather pieces, like ammo or clip holders, or for oil cans, anything with little straps or buckles, like a map case or journal cover. Old military leather is pretty sweet. Uhh, I also pretty much keep any leather scrap I have layin around thinkin it will come in handy someday. I may start selling some of it... Jenny would be SOOOOO happy if I did.
http://www.stleathercraft.com
brad@stleathercraft.com

"I've seen a few men go The Road of the Righteous
And just a few have traveled This Old Lonely Path"
Dropkick Murphys

Of course there are loaded guns in the house. I have a loaded fire extinguisher too I hope I never have to use.
Rossignol
Leather King

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic