pit bull on people's court

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby HappyPuppy » September 25th, 2006, 4:29 pm

I'm so mad! Watching People's Court (at lunch) right now and the case is about a pit bull that squeezed thru a closed gate and nearly killed a neighbor dog. Totally a bad story all the way around: Lady's son, sho lives with her, is caring for an incarcerated friend's friendly pit on weekends. So, the dog sees neighbor/dog and it squeezed thru a gap in the closed gate to maul the other dog. An indicent is an incident BUT the the judge (Ms. Millian) is TOTALLY AGAINST PIT BULLS: "It's not just a regular dog, 'its a pit bull.'" "It's a different breed than other animals." "Our plan in Dade County is ... to discourage oeople from ever getting pit bulls!" Defendant got vet bills and some other damage reimbursed.

In this story the total tone was 100% negative about pit bulls. Very disappointing tho the judge kept referencing past cases like "this is usually about 40 stitches in a child's forehead" type of quote. :x

audience poll: are pit bulls more vidious than other dogs? - 5 out of 6 were "bad people owners" or "inherently bad dog" only one said it was other factors.

So, apparently dog gets out at the pound and attacks another dog and gets euthed. What a great story! :x
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 25th, 2006, 5:08 pm

I thought they were banned in Dade County. :? I hate watching the court shows when they have a pit bull problem on, it always ends badly for the breed
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Vanessa » October 8th, 2006, 2:23 pm

I agree. I watched this too and normally i love The People's Court but Judge Milan really pissed me off. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but i don't think she should have presented it the way she did.She kept saying that statistics say the pit bulls bite more people then any other dog breed. Ok but what about the fact that there are alot more pit bulls then other breeds right now, they are the most abused breed on the face of the earth and stupid criminals who are irresponsible owners are more attracted to them then to say beagles or something. She also did not want to listen to the people who were watching the dog that said he was aggessive to other dogs but not people. Judge Milan totally made that sound like to was the exact same thing (DA and HA) which is a really bad message to put out there right now. I am boycotting the Peoples Court right now.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL