SUCCESS

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby katiek0417 » September 21st, 2006, 6:29 am

I got Nisha to eat a turkey drumstick this morning.

She didn't eat Tuesday night (Greg fed her, and he put 3 chicken drumsticks in her bowl, and she didn't eat them...well, he's not going to hand feed her like I will, so he took them away)...then I didn't feed her yesterday morning (since we were going to be training)....and she only had some training treats last night....well, this morning, she was ravenous.

Now, don't get me wrong...she went to town on the chicken drumstick....but I had to hold the turkey for her. In addition, she wouldn't just chew off the end of the bone...she started in the middle, crunched down...then worked her way out...

I'll be honest, though...I was watching her eat it...and I wasn't thrilled with how it was splintering.....I'm not sure it was her favorite meal, anyway...so, I might just stick with turkey breast, thigh, and neck....
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby SisMorphine » September 21st, 2006, 10:27 am

Wally isn't so psyched about the Turkey drumsticks either, and I also am not a fan of how the splinter. After he eats them there are always large bone shards left on his dinner blanket. Plus it's far more laborious for him to eat those, and since having lost 17 teeth I want to make sure things are easier on him. So from now on we'll stick with Turkey breasts or chicken for Wally, but Mike can have Turkey drumsticks if they're on sale.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » September 21st, 2006, 12:43 pm

Ruby and Riggs LOOOOVE their drumsticks now. Ruby woudn't eat them at the beginning but now she's nuts for them.

I haven't seen bad splintering, but both of them tend to grab the bone and eat it from one end to the other, grinding off chunks as they go.

I'm glad she's more willing to eat them now!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » September 21st, 2006, 3:11 pm

On September 21 2006, 11:43 AM, mnp13 wrote:Ruby and Riggs LOOOOVE their drumsticks now. Ruby woudn't eat them at the beginning but now she's nuts for them.

I haven't seen bad splintering, but both of them tend to grab the bone and eat it from one end to the other, grinding off chunks as they go.

I'm glad she's more willing to eat them now!

Like I said, though...I probably won't feed them again...I didn't like the splintering...
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Nutrition & Health