another question from the nutrition moron--nupro joint

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby jlewin » September 20th, 2006, 9:46 am

I was thinking of getting my 8 year old greyhound on something for his arthritis and my vet is not of much help. anybody ever heard of the joint supplement from nupro. it mixes into a kind of gravy. he loves gravy :) but there is just so much out there and as I've stated before, nutrition is not my strong point.
jlewin
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » September 20th, 2006, 9:52 am

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=synflex

I'm using Syn-Flex for my 12 year old APBT and she went from not being able to get up in the morning to chasing squirrels again. It's done wonders for her!

In the above link, a lady named Patty was selling Syn Flex, but she no longer does. Check out this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CB ... 05?ie=UTF8

So far, that's the least expensive price I've found for it.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » September 20th, 2006, 6:57 pm

SisMorpine recommended Glycoflex for my very large Labrador who was limping. He is 2 1/2 years old and 140#.

It works great for him. I use Glycoflex II from http://www.kvvet.com.

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby karma » September 21st, 2006, 1:23 am

I currently use the Nupro Joint and well i have Karma doing quite a bit of activity and i havent seen any problem as of yet but then again i am not the most nutritional owner out there i am working on it as far as playing with your dog or understanding SOME behaviors i can say i am the self proclaimed pro. But then again Karma is only 1yr 9 mths and has no previous joint issues she has been on NUPRO for about 10 months but i strted the joint one in May this year to help keep her joints going strong due to pulling and agility and i run her daily up hill and steps so like i said i havent seen a problem as of yet.
Taj Taylor
Http://www.karmatiknd.com
"Go for the T.E.N." -Taj of Karmatik Training Services
"HEALTHY DOG HAPPY LIFE" - Taj of www.karmatiknd.com

Postby katiek0417 » September 21st, 2006, 6:26 am

I personally love Nupro joint...it's highly recommended in the working dog world as one of the best out there. I've had my dogs on it for over a year, and Greg just switched his dogs over....I don't know how it works for a dog that already has joint issues...but it's great for a young dog (to keep their joints healthy)
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitgrrl » September 21st, 2006, 1:14 pm

I've had my dogs on Nupro joint stuff for about 4 months and I've honestly seen a difference. My dogs are only around 5 years old and didn't have any serious joint pain before taking it, but after about a month they both started jumping around like maniacs, which we hadn't seen them do in a while.
pitgrrl
Just Whelped

Return to Nutrition & Health