Yaeger has some sort of lump!??

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby msvette2u » September 14th, 2006, 11:48 pm

WTF is this thing!? It's like a little grape or something! And it had a few hairs sticking out. Fiddling with it seemed to bother him and so he scratched it after we got done. But it's not like a lump, its like a BALL or a balloon on there. Not just a lump...btw it is on the nape of his neck, below where his collar sits.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2006, 11:56 pm

I'll tell you what it is....

GROSS

(I have no idea)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » September 14th, 2006, 11:59 pm

I know :(
Ashley thought it was a tick and I took one look and it's like, that ain't no tick...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pocketpit » September 15th, 2006, 12:13 am

Try a sebaceous cyst which is no biggie.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » September 15th, 2006, 12:22 am

Would that be just round like a grape, or more of a lump?
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » September 15th, 2006, 2:43 am

it looks like the "warts" I see on small "toy poodle" type dogs (shih Tzus, Bichons etc)

I agree I doubt its anything to worry about. If it bothers you, you could always get it removed :| If he's a good boy, I doubt they'd even need a general anesthetic...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » September 15th, 2006, 7:01 am

Yeah, I thought "wart", too. Watch it for changes in size, consistency, or color. Of course, if it is bothering either you or Yaeger have a vet check it out. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » September 15th, 2006, 7:05 am

I'm thinking wart . . . though I've never seen one so round before.

Either way it's gross. Seriously, I can sit through surgeries but if I'm petting a dog and I feel a wart I will immediately vomit.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ellie@ny » September 15th, 2006, 7:51 am

I think it's a wart too.
Maya had one like a year ago,my vet told me she can remove it for 500-600$... a size of that...
I just went to the Pharmacy,got a wart remover,and the wart was gone by the next day. :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » September 15th, 2006, 8:49 am

I think my Mom's Rottie boy had something like that. The vet said it was an "old man" thing. I think they left it and it just appears to be the same, not changing at all.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby msvette2u » September 15th, 2006, 10:00 am

He's only four years old! :( I mean if he was 8 I wouldn't worry so much. Sis, it is very round like a ball! I will just bring him in. I'm like you guys, $500.00 to whip that thing off!? :shock:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » September 15th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Ewwww wow, ICKY!! :shock: Ben has what looks like a little skin tag on his back leg, and I was going to ask the same thing. Glad you beat me to it, lol.
Jenn
undecided

Postby pocketpit » September 15th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Sebaceous cysts are more round like that. If you poke a small hole in it you should be able to express some thick, whitish material.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby babyreba » September 15th, 2006, 10:12 pm

yep, looks like a sebaceous cyst to me as well. reba gets them from time to time, since she was 5 or 6.

gross, but not really troublesome or dangerous. sometimes they do burst, then it's really, really gross.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » September 15th, 2006, 10:20 pm

On September 15 2006, babyreba wrote:yep, looks like a sebaceous cyst to me as well. reba gets them from time to time, since she was 5 or 6.

gross, but not really troublesome or dangerous. sometimes they do burst, then it's really, really gross.

Oh and I'm supposed to poke a hole in it to hurry up the grossness!?? :shock:
lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby babyreba » September 16th, 2006, 12:08 am

only if you're feeling adventurous! 8)

i just watch them, make sure they aren't getting bigger or looking weird, and eventually some of them just go away on their own. and some, unfortunately, just stay that way. bleh.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby pocketpit » September 16th, 2006, 12:33 am

If you poke a hole in it and squish everything out, it just fills back up anyway :(
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 17th, 2006, 10:08 pm

ok, this thread needs a "disgusting" warning. It's getting up there with the anal gland discussions.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Nutrition & Health