GRRRR.....

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 6th, 2006, 10:01 am

OK the last two days Kanga went after my shepherd Jetta. It was really unprovoked. Last night i was coming through the basement door after doing laundry and she just jumped on her. This morning i was bringing stuff from the old house into the new house and as soon as i walked through the door Kanga jumped on her again. I mean what the heck? There is no real damage except my arm for lifting Kanga off of Jetta and into her kennel (shes 75 #). I cant say this never happend before because every now and then they will get into it, just like any dogs. Very random times. But this two day in a row crap has be pissed! Most the time they are best friends, sleep together, always playing together. Is she just having a bad week? :| I never keep them together when no one is home. It is always when im around never when my boyfriend is near.
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby bustersmama » February 6th, 2006, 10:14 am

Sonya, is it always happening when you enter the room?
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 6th, 2006, 10:34 am

You commented about brginging things from the 'old' house to the 'new' house. How long have you been in the process of moving for?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » February 6th, 2006, 11:41 am

i agree with michelle. the dogs are probably stressed due to the move and a new house.. instead of leaving them loose while you clean up/housework, etc, what about crating them/one of them so that this way you can cut down on the tension in the house?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 6th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Crate and rotate until things settle down. Let them know you are still Alpha.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 6th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Yeah still working on moving the last few things in. Have been moving for two weeks. Almost done. Yeah it was when i was bringing stuff in when i was entering the room. I cant even remember the last fight, so this two days in the row crap is making me nervous. Keeping a close eye on them now. They are fine tonight... :|
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby bustersmama » February 7th, 2006, 1:03 pm

I think the crate and rotate is a good idea. Make sure you are taking time to spend time with each of them, they are probably not adjusted yet, and still a little freaked out.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 7th, 2006, 1:19 pm

I'm sure the moving has a lot to do with things. Definately crate, even if it's more than they are used to. It will keep them safe while you're unpacking and doing all of the usual crazy stuff.

I don't usually crate when I'm home, but when I was painting last week, both Connor and Ruby were crated. I gave them each a big nasty veal bone to chew on and they didn't make a sound for the entire 2 1/2 hours they were in there.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 7th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Thank you. I really do agree they are probably freaked about everything. Next week they are getting their fence so they can frolic and play. Im sure that will make them much more happy :)
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull Talk