Need info on becoming an Animal Cruelty Investgator.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby annieinpa » February 4th, 2006, 7:42 pm

I was talking to the dog warden in Carbon county. He's going to work w/me and Dogs Deserve Better.

We got to talking and he recommended to me about going to school to become an Animal Cruelty Invest.

He said I'd have to go to school for one week in Harrisburg. then get sworn in by the judge.

My question is where in Harrisburg do I go?

If I get sworn in in carbon county is that the only place I'll have authority?

I want to be able to have authority in Hazleton and surrounding areas also.

Does anybody have any info that can help me on this?
Thanks
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » February 4th, 2006, 9:43 pm

I can't help you but good luck!! Maybe you could ask the dog warden for more info.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Sariss » February 4th, 2006, 11:21 pm

Good luck!

At one point I was going to do that, until I talked to the one in my area, and she told me how she had been shot at, attacked, pushed down stairs, etc...

Not to turn you away from it. I commend you for wanting to do it!
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby annieinpa » February 5th, 2006, 11:25 pm

My hubby is a police officer. so I'm going to have him get me the name and number of the other police officer who does animal cruelty. she can't do cruelty cases anymore as she is a full time cop and doesn't have the time.

My hubby is actually supporting me in this. He's very protective of situations that I get involved with (ex. dogs deserve better some cases).

Thanks everyone.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » February 6th, 2006, 8:52 am

Very cool! I had thought about doing it for a while. I could become an ACO quickly with my major, but wanted to do the Animal Cruelty Investigator route instead. But in MA they are considered a Special Police unit so I would have had to go to the acadamy and I am SO not in shape for that :)

Let us all know how it works out. I'm jealous :D
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Off-Topic