Mae Mae needs your prayers

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Crossposted, but I'm sure everyone here can imagine being in the same horrible situation...

Mae Mae needs your prayers...
Posted by John on 9/13/2006, 8:34 pm

She's in the vet right now. I noticed she was off her feed a little, and acting funny, so I took her down for a panel. Apparently, my neighbor that hates pit bulls decided to poison her over the weekend. There's not much we can do right now, she's on IV food and fluids. Not sure how many of you are religious, but we (my family and Mae) could use your prayers. She's the last dog here that's down from our old house dog Toby, and a nice little girl in her own right. Thanks for reading...
John

I'll post updates if I get any.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby lellis34 » September 14th, 2006, 2:12 pm

OMG how horrible. They're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she they called the cops or animal control to report the neighbor.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby cheekymunkee » September 14th, 2006, 2:22 pm

How very sad. I hope he can file charges against the neighbor. I am soo glad that I have never had neighbors that hated my dogs. Sending good healing thoughts to Mae
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2006, 2:59 pm

update:

...spoke with Nikki a little earlier and John had gone to pick up Mae. Her pancreas (sp?) is working overtime and they have her on IV fluids yet she is eating. But don't let that fool you, as she's a REAL CHOW HOUND! She's not out of the woods yet, but showing slight improvement. I'm sure John will update us better when he can.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » September 14th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Oh that is horrible! :( Wishing them the best.
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 14th, 2006, 3:45 pm

That's horrible. :goodthoughts:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvmyangels » September 14th, 2006, 4:58 pm

Horrible story. Our prayers are with them.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » September 14th, 2006, 5:50 pm

oh, poor Mae. Here's hoping for her recovery. Poor baby.
I just saw on the news the past couple days some dogs were poisoned by eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that had rat poison in them.
I hate sick people :evil:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2006, 11:29 pm

She's home and resting, and scarfing down rice and chicken. She's still not herself, but she's getting there. The vet said probably a week for full recovery. We were unable to determine the poison, unfortunately, so there's not a lot we can about it. I saved a sample of her water. She would NOT TOUCH the water in her bowl in the kennel, then when I brought her in the house, she drank almost a gallon.
She lost almost 8 pounds in a few days, all her muscle mass is gone, she looks hammered, but I'm just glad she's still here!

The neighbor responsible has also, in the past few days, told everyone in the neighborhood that we have been threatening their children with our "attack-trained pitbulls", and has got a petition to have Animal Control fine and sanction us. It's got going to go anywhere, since it's all BS, but it's more time I have to fight some jackass and NOT train!! GRRRR!!!

My family and I REALLY appreciate the responses, it means a lot to us! It's always good to know others have your back when you feel like you're fighting the world...

Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » September 15th, 2006, 2:54 am

I was going to say that from the sounds of it, she would pull through, but then I read further :)

This dog has surely survived because of her owner's prompt attention to her. I applaud this man for reading his dog well, treating her immediately, and in the process, saving her life!

We so many animals that could have been saved had their owners simply taken in a few simple observations. Its really refreshing to see responsible ownership, and yet again, responsible ownership of a Pit Bull.
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SpiritFngrz » September 15th, 2006, 8:47 am

That is great she sounds like she's doing well.

Was this neighbor arrested immediately? If he wasn't, I wonder why? This person needs to be in jail.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Jenn » September 15th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Probably because of simple lack of evidence.

Glad she's doing better.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Purple » September 15th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Good to hear she is on the road to recovery.
Purple
I live here

Postby Knomad » September 23rd, 2006, 11:11 am

Nice to hear shes getting better. This kind of thing disturbs me, I hope you can have the person responsible for this arrested and charged for cruelty to animals. Hell id go t6he whole hog, the poisen could have would up in a kids mouth also.

The person deserves to have the book, book stand and whole damn library thrown at them.

There are some very sick people around.
Knomad
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2006, 11:15 am

She has fully recovered from her ordeal.

(oops! I forgot to tell you!)
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 7th, 2006, 8:14 pm

I'm glad she is OK

I missed this post before

we really need the old button back that used to say new posts since your last visit or something like that.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » October 8th, 2006, 11:17 am

On October 07 2006, 20:14, Patch O' Pits wrote:we really need the old button back that used to say new posts since your last visit or something like that.

We have "view unread posts" so that it stays current across different visits.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Nutrition & Health