Weightpullers

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Romanwild » January 17th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Who here is doing it now and who wants to start?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Purple » January 17th, 2006, 10:56 pm

I do it for therapy reasons, Hopscotch has had FHO surgery in both hips.
Purple
I live here

Postby Pitcrew » January 23rd, 2006, 9:37 pm

You know I'm here... will be starting Vega soon.
You got a date set for your pull yet?
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » January 23rd, 2006, 10:56 pm

Soon. Still have to coordinate with the other club members.

I'm still waiting for my damn harnesses! :cuss:

Purple: I bet it's great for therapy! I truly beleive that most pit bulls need much more exercise then they get.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby IMurSTAR » February 1st, 2006, 8:30 pm

We strapped Hank up the other day. Poor low drive bully.. hehehe The harness was too big for him, so he just laid down and shot ugly looks at us.
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » February 1st, 2006, 9:14 pm

IMurSTAR wrote:We strapped Hank up the other day. Poor low drive bully.. hehehe The harness was too big for him, so he just laid down and shot ugly looks at us.

Oh yeah....did it look anything like Hopscotch's first day?!

Purple
I live here

Postby Karen » February 2nd, 2006, 10:07 am

Who is hitting the CT pulls? Dilly's harness is a tad tight now so she needs a new one. I want Carol to make the same thing but I think I'll shop for the ribbon trim myself and mail it to her.

We hooked her up to the cart just before snow and she ran away with 425 in weights and 130 in Kelly on the cart. She's pretty good about not quitting. I thought it was respectable for a 38 pounder that had time off.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 5th, 2006, 10:09 am

I want to do it with Samurai... My problem will be getting him to hold still at the start line. We aven't started training yet because honestly, I don't know what the heck I'm doing LOL. I know to start light and need to get a harness. I know which harnesss I want but don't want to get one that expensive and fancy until I know if he likes doing it. Any suggestions on a cheaper sturdy but still good training harness????

The good one I want is at CD pits
Last edited by Patch O' Pits on February 5th, 2006, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Karen » February 5th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I want to do it with Samurai... My problem will be getting him to hold still at the start line. We aven't started training yet because honestly, I don't know what the heack I'm doing LOL. I know to start light and need to get a harness. I know which harnesss I want but don't want to get one that expensive until I know if he likes ding it. Any suggestions on a cheaper but still good training harness????

I wouldn't get a cheap harness for him. Get the good one because if he gets pinched or is uncomfy at home he'll be more inclined to quit pulling.

Sometimes Carol has used harnesses that were returns (wrong size at order) like Dilly's was. http://www.harnessesbycarol.com
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 5th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Karen wrote:
Patch O' Pits wrote:I want to do it with Samurai... My problem will be getting him to hold still at the start line. We aven't started training yet because honestly, I don't know what the heack I'm doing LOL. I know to start light and need to get a harness. I know which harnesss I want but don't want to get one that expensive until I know if he likes ding it. Any suggestions on a cheaper but still good training harness????

I wouldn't get a cheap harness for him. Get the good one because if he gets pinched or is uncomfy at home he'll be more inclined to quit pulling.

Sometimes Carol has used harnesses that were returns (wrong size at order) like Dilly's was. http://www.harnessesbycarol.com

LOL What I meant was one that isn't going to cost me $80.00 and then have him hate pulling LOL or decide to have a growth spurt. (I'm pretty sure he is done growing, but ya' never know > This sounds like a good option. I'll check to see if she has anything. Thanks Karen! :clap:

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 5th, 2006, 6:32 pm

I was looking at pictures on that harness site... and how awesome is this little guy? :D

Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 5th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:I was looking at pictures on that harness site... and how awesome is this little guy? :D

LOL Little body, but HUGE heart! :ogen:

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 5th, 2006, 7:35 pm

IMurSTAR wrote:We strapped Hank up the other day. Poor low drive bully.. hehehe The harness was too big for him, so he just laid down and shot ugly looks at us.
Awe poor guy. Maybe he'll like it better if you bribe him with liver. Does he have drive for anything food, toys...if so try using them if you didn't already.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitmom2104 » February 16th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Well since I was just approved I couldn't post till now! I would like to get into weight pulling there aren't many people who are into it around here and I would like to be able to compete that's why I was super excited when I found out about the bulllypics!
pitmom2104
Just Whelped

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » February 23rd, 2006, 11:39 am

pitmom2104 wrote:Well since I was just approved I couldn't post till now! I would like to get into weight pulling there aren't many people who are into it around here and I would like to be able to compete that's why I was super excited when I found out about the bulllypics!

Believe it or not, the IWPA has more sanctioned events in region 5 (your region), than any other region, and the majority of them are right there in New York.
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » February 23rd, 2006, 11:46 am

My club will be adding to more to the New York region this year. :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 23rd, 2006, 12:37 pm

I was looking at that the other day. Actually they aren't too close to me. I'm in northern NY.

What't the story behind them? Why did them form?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Purple » February 23rd, 2006, 12:53 pm

Missy is a judge and makes harnesses, she made Hopscotch's

http://www.geocities.com/alaskandreamdec
Purple
I live here

Next

Return to Sports