CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Marinepits » September 10th, 2006, 6:24 pm

http://www.osbornejenks.com/ctpet.html

WHEN: October 28-29, 2006
WHERE: Connecticut Expo Center
Hartford, CT
SHOW HOURS: Saturday, 11am to 6pm
Sunday, 11am to 6pm
TICKETS: Adults $8, Seniors $7, 12 & under $4.

The Connecticut Pet Show sponsored by PETCO & THE PETCO FOUNDATION, SCHMACKOS DOG TREATS & THE CT HUMANE SOCIETY features The AKC Parade of Purebred Dogs, The (TICA) International Cat Association Cat Show, with over 100 breeds of exotic and domestic purebred cats, The Rarities Rare and Ancient Dog Breed Show, featuring extremely rare breeds in a live dog show competition, the Schmackos Extreme Canine Show, Bills Exotic Bird Show, Talons! A bird of Prey Experience, Animals Everywhere, The Dog Chefs of America Canine Cooking Show, plus over 125 vendors offering unique, one-of-a-kind pet products & services. See our press release for details and our events schedule for info on all our features.

The Connecticut Humane Society will have their MAC bus on the premises and they’ll have dozens of adoptable dogs and cats, just waiting for that “forever homeâ€
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pibblegrl » September 10th, 2006, 9:42 pm

:smileSwitch:

I am soooo there!
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » September 10th, 2006, 9:50 pm

It's a LOT of fun. Bring lots of cash because there's LOTS of fun stuff for the pets!!! :D

You can bring your dogs, but I don't recommend it -- not a lot of people pay attention to where their own dogs are going because the humans are too busy shopping and the place gets SUPER crowded. :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pibblegrl » September 11th, 2006, 9:00 am

Big things like that I prefer not to bring Dale to.
Even though he would be wearing his harness and a vest that says "Don't pet me I'm working" and "Service Dog", people will still let their kids run up to him without asking or will walk up and start talking to him themselves (completely ignoring me sometimes) and it drives me NUTS.
So, I usually will leave him home if I am going somewhere I know will be crowed with too many people who can't follow simple instructions.

(People have actually gotten their feelings hurt when they walk up to him because most of the time he will 'rudely' give them the 'cold sholder'...he knows he isn't supposed to 'talk' when he is 'in uniform') Some people.
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SpiritFngrz » September 11th, 2006, 9:05 am

ooh, that does sound like fun! Yah, doesn't sound like a place for people to bring their dogs, especially pits!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » September 11th, 2006, 9:09 am

I just went to their website, the RI Pet Show is in March 2007 in Providence
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby grizzly » September 11th, 2006, 8:30 pm

those pet expo's are awsome! i've been to both hartford and providence a couple of times. they used to have a weight pull in conjunction with the expo. i used to parade griz through the masses of people(most people have never seen a dog that big) and let everyone pet him. of corse a time or two after all the public relations the people would wait to see him pull only to have him embarass me :evil: (that was before i put him trough boot camp :twisted: )

anyways the expo is a great place to see all the new stuff in the pet industry.

the first time i ever saw bite work was at a expo, they had the #2 shepard in the world fresh from france and man was he impressive.

if you have the chance to go you better ,its well worth it!

Rob
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SpiritFngrz » September 12th, 2006, 8:55 am

Cool, thanks! I think I am going to wait and go to the Providence one since it is much closer to me!!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Marinepits » October 24th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Is anyone going, besides me? :wink:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » October 24th, 2006, 10:28 pm

After the 31st I can actually start going to things. So I miss this one by just a few days. *grump*

Let us know how it is!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Leslie H » October 25th, 2006, 6:33 pm

I'm thinking about going. In a perfect world, I'd go to the ADBA show in NJ on Saturaday to show Soleil, and the IWPA pull in CT on Sunday to earn Xanny's 3rd WPS leg. But then there's reality, so weather and $ depending, I may go.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Hoyden » October 25th, 2006, 7:51 pm

On October 25 2006, 6:33 PM, Leslie H wrote:I'm thinking about going. In a perfect world, I'd go to the ADBA show in NJ on Saturaday to show Soleil, and the IWPA pull in CT on Sunday to earn Xanny's 3rd WPS leg. But then there's reality, so weather and $ depending, I may go.

If you decide to go, please PM me, I'd love to meet you.

I asked Mark if I could go if I bring Birdie or Autumn with me. Can't go alone because I'm not walking too good right now.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Leslie H » October 25th, 2006, 9:09 pm

I'll definitely let you know if I'm going. I've been inside w/Xanny before, but she doesn't mind crowds. Definitely some cool vendors. Too bad the IWPA pull isn't there anymore.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby SpiritFngrz » October 27th, 2006, 11:43 am

On October 24 2006, SisMorphine wrote:After the 31st I can actually start going to things. So I miss this one by just a few days. *grump*

Let us know how it is!!

Yah, definitely let us know how it is! Sis, come to the one in Providence!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Leslie H » October 27th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Hey, I just noticed Best Friends No-Kill is going to be there. I think I'm going to try to talk (politely) to them about there policies.
If I go, it will be on Sat. I think I'm blowing off IWPA, and heading to the NJ show on Sunday. Then, my dog fun season is over.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Return to North East