Lisa in NY

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Karen » February 5th, 2006, 8:40 am

I finally have time to finish my Alphabet and need a J for Jump picture. I have fawns, blues, brindles etc. but no tri. Do you have a large picture of that adorable tri jumping? And would it be ok to use it in a drawing?

What I have so far is up here. It is so hard to get good pictures to draw from. I am an eye fanatic and need to see the details in there. Just off I guess. Drives me nuts when everything is perfect but the eyes are black holes

The Pit Bull Aphabet
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 5th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Hey, did Ruby make it for the Xylephone?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » February 5th, 2006, 1:54 pm

mnp13 wrote:Hey, did Ruby make it for the Xylephone?

Yup. I'm working on it. To do the quilt thin with all the letters I am having to change the colors of the backgrounds. For some reason unknown to me the colors seem to have ended in clusters :| I sure don't want red touching red, teal with teal..... I have O is for Older with Dilly's grandmother and her grizzled face. I need the j, z (stuffed zebra? Zoom?) I might have a zoom pic.......... Think anyone would notice an Ibizan in there? Zooms of him I have........ N is naughty Tigger who ate the chair. Bad Tigger. I think I'm going to redo M with Flash in the mud like I had before. Ruth says her mud is black. I thought it made him look like a fawn dog with the black mud..... I know there are a couple other letters that are AWOL. I want to get this sucker wrapped up for Easter. I'm definitely ordering a poster for Laura's class.

Another thing I was thinking is, the small framed print is a rectangle, what about the letters spelling out kids' names? That could also use the same graphic for the glassware.....
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 5th, 2006, 1:57 pm

zoomie would be great for Z. I have a couple of pictures of connor (red, red nose) with a definately psycotic look on his face.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » February 5th, 2006, 2:34 pm

I have some great pictures of zooming dogs....

Here's one

There are more pitbull pictures in my photobucket account.
http://photobucket.com/albums/a261/hoyden2894/Doggies/
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » February 5th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Think anyone would notice an Ibizan in there?

Is that what tha long dog is on your website? Pretty dog but whoah.......that tail & those legs are looooong. That is a long pointy dog!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Karen » February 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:

Is that what tha long dog is on your website? Pretty dog but whoah.......that tail & those legs are looooong. That is a long pointy dog!

You have NO idea. He's about 6 feet tall on his back legs. He can reach almost to the top of the fridge and pokes you in the eye with his beak in one leap. Counter surfing is a matter of walking by and looking when you're 27 inches tall.

Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby panda » February 5th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Here are a couple of Buster Brown doing snow zoomies

Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 5th, 2006, 4:28 pm

What a cute idea! I love it!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 5th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Karen wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:

You have NO idea. He's about 6 feet tall on his back legs. He can reach almost to the top of the fridge and pokes you in the eye with his beak in one leap. Counter surfing is a matter of walking by and looking when you're 27 inches tall.

Oh how handsome! I've always loved those Ibizans. But then again, I love the sighthounds in general :P

And I know what you mean about the counter surfing. Wally doesn't even have to stand on his tip toes to steel stuff. Luckily those occurances are few and far between!!! He prefers to use his height to keep dry when I force him into the water.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » February 5th, 2006, 4:47 pm

Is an Izban hound the same as a pharoh hound? Are they related to slougis (sp) ?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » February 5th, 2006, 4:51 pm

mnp13 wrote:Is an Izban hound the same as a pharoh hound? Are they related to slougis (sp) ?

Ibizans tend to be taller than Pharohs but they used to pretty much be the same. Ibizans are from Ibiza in Spain with the Portugese Podencos. The Sloughis and Azawakhs are more related to the Saluki.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby girlie » February 5th, 2006, 4:52 pm

That dog looks part deer.....very wild, very pretty
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Pitcrew » February 5th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Wow! Beautiful Ibizan! Wouldnt mind having one someday. Know any good breeders interested in placing pet pups in working homes?

About the pic of Luke jumping... I have quite a few good pics of him jumping I would be happy to send you. Email me personally and I will reply with some pics. I am not on my computer now or I would have sent them before you read this.

But could you explain more about what you are doing? Even better... let us see pics? I Kindof understand its some type of artwork or quilt with a dog (pits?) for every letter of the alphabet? COOL!
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pitcrew » February 5th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Oops :rolleyes2: my email is marker_terriers@yahoo.com
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown