Congrats PocketPit & Brody!!!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby SKoth » September 7th, 2006, 9:07 pm

PocketPit and her Doberman Brody got their French Ring Brevet at the Canadian Championships this past weeked with a great score of 82.4. French Ring titles on a SBT and a Dobe?! Way to go girl! :elephant:

Sarah
SKoth
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » September 7th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Congratulations!!! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » September 8th, 2006, 4:57 am

wahoo!

pfft, I didn't even know pocketpit was canadian!! WOOT WOOT!!

she has all these dogs, and she has time to train them this well?! AWESOME!
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby lluksa » September 8th, 2006, 9:10 am

Truly awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » September 8th, 2006, 9:40 am

Congratulations!!!

Where's the pics?!
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 10:23 am

NICE WORK!!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » September 8th, 2006, 10:27 am

CONGRATS!!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » September 8th, 2006, 1:12 pm

Congrats! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » September 8th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Wow, Congrats!!!!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby pocketpit » September 8th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Thank you everyone for the conratulations! Skoth it was quite a suprise to jump on here and see your post :D
I'm not Canadian but have a long history of training with some fine folks up there and luckily both NARA and the CRA allow folks from other countries to compete at the championships. You can't win the champion title but you can still compete. My dog didn't get the score I wanted as he blew the long down but it's nice to know that if he'd held it I would have scored at 92 out of 100. We passed which is the important part and are now hopefully going to be competing at the 1 level early next year.
Naturally being the official event photographer prevented me from having photos of my own dog but if anyone would like to check out other pictures you can do so at: http://www.predatorsringclub.ca/2006%20Championships.html
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Nice pictures! Um... what is with the handstand picture with the muzzle on?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SKoth » September 8th, 2006, 11:10 pm

pocketpit wrote:Thank you everyone for the conratulations! Skoth it was quite a suprise to jump on here and see your post :D

Well, kudos to you girl! That's an accomplishment if you ask me and you deserve a congrats or two! I may not be actively competing right now but I do pay attention. ;)

Michelle,
I think pic your referring to is the Judge checking the dogs tattoo. It may just be easier for the handler to lift up the dogs back legs than to roll him over.
SKoth
Just Whelped

Postby pocketpit » September 9th, 2006, 12:22 am

Michelle,
I think pic your referring to is the Judge checking the dogs tattoo. It may just be easier for the handler to lift up the dogs back legs than to roll him over

That would be correct and in this instance it was the result of a miscommunication between the judge who's English is very simple and rusty and the dog's handler. The judge wanted to check the testicles first not the tattoo!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby greenkozi » September 10th, 2006, 11:41 pm

wow congrats! it's obvious from all those pictures what an acheivement it is to have a non-mal compete and title! as if french ring weren't hard enough!! i think maybe the bouvier was the only other one?

i also was TOTALLY impressed by your photography. it was really stunning, and you could see so much dog body language going on.

i was wondering about that muzzled pawstand too, and why the ocasional muzzling of the dogs- is that for checking the tattoos on all of them?
greenkozi
Just Whelped

Postby SKoth » September 10th, 2006, 11:54 pm

On September 10 2006, greenkozi wrote:wow congrats! it's obvious from all those pictures what an acheivement it is to have a non-mal compete and title! as if french ring weren't hard enough!! i think maybe the bouvier was the only other one?

i also was TOTALLY impressed by your photography. it was really stunning, and you could see so much dog body language going on.

i was wondering about that muzzled pawstand too, and why the ocasional muzzling of the dogs- is that for checking the tattoos on all of them?

In all levels of French Ring there is a heel off leash with muzzle exercise. Also, some people chose to muzzle their dogs for the testicle and tattoo checks if their dog isn't the most social.
SKoth
Just Whelped

Postby pocketpit » September 11th, 2006, 6:52 am

And the judge also has the option of requesting the dogs be muzzled for the check which was the case this time.
Yes, the Bouvier and Brody looked very out of place amongst all the Malinois but there was the lone German Shepherd as well :)
If you want to get really high scores or if you want to advance fast through the ranks then a Mal is the obvious choice. Other breeds can do it too but it seems as those most folks are not willing to put the extra time and effort into the training. I had days when I could understand why one would not want the frustration I had to deal with! Luckily for me I have had decoys and training directors that understand that not every dog can be trained or treated like a Mal.
Brody has been a natural (with the exception of the refusal to out which has been a major stumbling block) but my first Doberman was more a personal protection dog and lacked desire to stick with the decoy if there was no fight. If there was no threat then what was the point was his reasoning. To date he is still only the third Doberman in the states or anywhere with the exception of Europe that has gone on to title in level 1. I'm hoping that Brody will be #4 and eventually be able to be the first to title at the ring 2 level as well.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby ellie@ny » September 11th, 2006, 7:26 am

I just found this post... :oops:
Huge congrats!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » September 11th, 2006, 8:07 am

Very cool. Congrats! Those pictures are fantastic, by the way. Is that a blue Mal? I didn't know they came in that color . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » September 11th, 2006, 10:53 am

On September 11 2006, 06:52, pocketpit wrote:Brody has been a natural (with the exception of the refusal to out which has been a major stumbling block)

What are you doing to fix the out? I am having the same problem with Riggs, and unless they let me bring my Cheetos out onto the field I'm not sure what I'm going to go! lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Miakoda » September 11th, 2006, 8:17 pm

I'm late, but "Congrats!"
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Next

Return to Sports