Natural Incontinence "Medication"

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby cheekymunkee » September 7th, 2006, 8:50 pm

a-bull wrote:
Kingsgurl wrote:That's because Diabetes Insipidus is a failure of the kidneys to make use of anti-diuretic hormones produced by the body which concentrate urine.
http://www.vetinfo.com/dencyclopedia/dedibetinsp.html

it's not like the other kind of diabetes in which the body has problems dealing with sugars. I think the first test they do when screening for diabetes insipidus is a test on how concentrated the urine is, then another test with water withheld for a bit to see if the concentration level elevates.

Hey, thanks for the info.! I knew I wasn't hallucinating. :wink:

Yeah..............right
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jesseca » September 8th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Summer has spay incontinence and has been on DES since I got her last year. My vet at one point mentioned accupunture works on some dogs with this issue. I could get more details if you thought it might help Ruby. :|
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby a-bull » September 8th, 2006, 8:24 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
a-bull wrote:
Kingsgurl wrote:That's because Diabetes Insipidus is a failure of the kidneys to make use of anti-diuretic hormones produced by the body which concentrate urine.
http://www.vetinfo.com/dencyclopedia/dedibetinsp.html

it's not like the other kind of diabetes in which the body has problems dealing with sugars. I think the first test they do when screening for diabetes insipidus is a test on how concentrated the urine is, then another test with water withheld for a bit to see if the concentration level elevates.

Hey, thanks for the info.! I knew I wasn't hallucinating. :wink:

Yeah..............right

speak for yourself . . . :afro:
a-bull
I live here

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health