I'm thrilled and all exceited ..

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Emi » September 8th, 2006, 10:01 am

Baring nothing happens between this morning and this evening lol

We're gonna take Miss Dottie and go up to Miss Julie K's training class tonight on the other side of Houston. I'm really looking forward to it...

Looking forward to seeing Tommy and George again :)

Wish us luck :)

Miss Dottie is gonna have a good time , she had a blast with her other training class, ah even tho she was more interested in socializing then learning, even tho she did learn the commands even tho Earl didnt think she was lol
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 8th, 2006, 10:23 am

Have a great time!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby rockermom » September 8th, 2006, 10:53 am

I wish we could go to one of Julie k's classes. Have fun.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Big_Ant » September 8th, 2006, 11:26 am

Forgive me for being "out of the loop", but who is Julie K, and what credentials do she have that is making you so excited about this class?

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Emi » September 8th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Oh Anthony , that's Julie Kinsey, she's been in the breed for like 25 years, she use to be a handler/trainer and works for Mr Richard Gray , she is awesome with her dogs, here is a site for Mr Gray's Kennels he's been in the breed since like 1966 I believe I read.

We got to meet her this past Sunday along with Richard (IamaDick) here in Houston.

http://www.roundersruffians.com/
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 12:47 pm

I only could find one dog on the site with anything more than a show dog title. What sort of training are you planning to do there?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » September 8th, 2006, 1:07 pm

mnp13 wrote:I only could find one dog on the site with anything more than a show dog title. What sort of training are you planning to do there?

You found 1? I couldn't find any.

This is just my opinion and I'm sure I'll get flamed, but those dogs are not breeding quality. They are in terrible shape, not much titling other than a show title. I'm sure they are great pets and can do great SIT, DOWN, STAY stuff, but there's more to it than that.

Someone can have many years of experience with the breed, doesn't mean they know what they are talking about! * This comment is not necessarily directed at them, it's just a general statement.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 1:10 pm

I'm not intending to slam them, as they are members here. I am just curious about qualifications, experience, etc.

I teach people basic obedience because that is all I am qualified to do and I admit that freely. When my dogs title past that, we'll see. Both Riggs and Ruby will be trialing for their CD this fall actually.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » September 8th, 2006, 1:17 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'm not intending to slam them, as they are members here. I am just curious about qualifications, experience, etc.

I teach people basic obedience because that is all I am qualified to do and I admit that freely. When my dogs title past that, we'll see. Both Riggs and Ruby will be trialing for their CD this fall actually.

That's not my intent either, oh great and evil one! :twisted:

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 1:21 pm

I'm not evil, I'm the Queen Bitch of the Forum. That's different.

I'm also a Honey Roasted Cashew, and you're not. So there.

Actually (to get back on topic) I'd like to know about their experience so that I can list them on the Links page.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » September 8th, 2006, 1:26 pm

mnp13 wrote:Actually (to get back on topic) I'd like to know about their experience so that I can list them on the Links page.

Where's the backpedaling while kissing ass emoticon???

:backRoll: I kid, I kid, don't kill me!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Emi » September 8th, 2006, 2:02 pm

I am having a short bus day , I can't find the information that I did the other day I thought I had booked marked stuff.

Yes the kennel is show dog quaility , she use to show dogs in the show ring... I read a really good article the other day by Richard Gray , explaing the revolution for the Ruffian/har o win i believe is the other name of the line, he had great information on it.

We're going for obedience training .. they also do agility training there to ...

Julie is also going to be doing a conference in TX here soon , i'll have to try and find all this information again...

But why did I know some where alone the line i'd have to prove crap... :o
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Big_Ant » September 8th, 2006, 2:09 pm

Emi wrote:We're going for obedience training .. they also do agility training there to ...

But why did I know some where alone the line i'd have to prove crap... :o

I wouldn't be concerned with you proving crap, I think they should have to prove it.

I think especially considering that they offer Agility Training, yet I didn't see any (maybe that one michelle found) dogs that had agility titles.

I agree with Michelle. There are many of us who could train a dog pretty decent in a particular item aside from just obedience, but if you don't have titled and proven dogs that you've worked, how can you offer that service?

I've trained many dogs, helped people learn how to train their dogs, and I could definitely do more than just obedience, but I would never offer anything more than that because I never titled or proved myself in that item.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 8th, 2006, 2:18 pm

FYI, the person who is doing the training ( JulieK) does not own that website or those dogs. She was a handler for them.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Emi wrote:But why did I know some where alone the line i'd have to prove crap... :o

It's not an inquisition, it's just basic questions. No different than questions I would ask of a trainer that I was considering going to. If you are satisfied with them, that's fine. Your dog, your time, your money!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » September 8th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Cheeky wrote:FYI, the person who is doing the training ( JulieK) does not own that website or those dogs. She was a handler for them.

Exactly that's what i said , those are Mr Richard Gray's dogs, his kennels, she worked for him for a long time.

Im frustrated cause I can't find the information that i'm trying to find, and it's upsetting me.

She does bridge and target training ... and is doing a seminar in Oct in STCA at the National Speciality's

I'm frustrated ...
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Big_Ant » September 8th, 2006, 2:30 pm

Emi wrote:
Cheeky wrote:FYI, the person who is doing the training ( JulieK) does not own that website or those dogs. She was a handler for them.

Exactly that's what i said , those are Mr Richard Gray's dogs, his kennels, she worked for him for a long time.

Im frustrated cause I can't find the information that i'm trying to find, and it's upsetting me.

She does bridge and target training ... and is doing a seminar in Oct in STCA at the National Speciality's

I'm frustrated ...

Take your time, you'll find it.

We're not trying to cause a ruckus here, we just have questions. Many people in the training world interact, and we would more than likely interact with Julie in the future and I for one prefer to know who's who and what they are about.

It helps me know who's replies to skip and who's to read, lol.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 8th, 2006, 2:33 pm

JulieK is a member here, you could ask her. :wink: :P

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » September 8th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Anthony ,

You look like your bored so i'll give you some reading lol

Here is a site on Bridge and Target training ...

http://www.synalia.com/
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby IamaDick » September 8th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Julie K is an AWESOME trainer, and i dont think she would appreciate some of the things said in this thread. Im not sure EXACTLY what her credentials are, maybe she can come on here and say what she has done. But i have been training with her for around a month and have already learned great things. She is a retired handler and now helps people train there dogs at an extremely affordable rate. She doesnt do it for the money, its more donations to let her continue training. And if you met any of her dogs i think you would sing a different tune. She does agility, obedience, schutzhund and anything else you can imagine. She isnt so much in the agility world anymore, but she has the experience to teach others. She says she is too old to do agility!! lol. So she has been sticking with obedience. Dont knock her or ill really get pissed. :D
WWAASSUUPP!!!
IamaDick
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Training & Behavior