Need Some Help Please (Long)

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby babaes » September 8th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Hi I'm a new dog owner and am wondering what NILIF and PTS stand for?
babaes
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 12:46 pm

NILIF - Nothing In Life Is Free - a system of training and living where the dog earns every single priviledge. This includes food, toys, play time, going out to potty... everything It helps to establish you as complete leader to the dog. Most dogs respond well, but only if every member of the household follows the same strict rules. Any cheating will undermine the results. You are the dog's world - including the air it breaths and the sun that shines. Dogs blosson under strict pack structure.

PTS - Put To Sleep
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby babaes » September 8th, 2006, 1:12 pm

THANKS!
babaes
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » September 8th, 2006, 2:06 pm

mnp13 wrote:NILIF - Nothing In Life Is Free - a system of training and living where the dog earns every single priviledge. This includes food, toys, play time, going out to potty... everything It helps to establish you as complete leader to the dog. Most dogs respond well, but only if every member of the household follows the same strict rules. Any cheating will undermine the results. You are the dog's world - including the air it breaths and the sun that shines. Dogs blosson under strict pack structure.

NILIF is also sometimes called No Free Lunch.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior