OMG what is THIS???

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby PureBlueTriton » September 8th, 2006, 9:30 am

Triton has been licking himself i noticed on his right arm. :( It looks REALLY bad and i am going to take him to the vet today. I was wondering if any of you all have seen this before. The neighbor's obnoxious dog BITES Triton around his neck and arms every time she breaks the fence and Triton thinks it's a game. He takes it from her like it's nothing! She even made him bleed a little!! :evil: I notice his coat is not as healthy looking anymore. He has spots of hair missing! Triton doesn't even "play bite" back. He just takes it from that other dog, so she continues biting Triton ALL the time she breaks through. I have told the neighbor about this problem and she accuses of triton to bite her dog "first" b/c hes a "HUUUGE" pit bull...lol. shows you what kind of idiot she is.

PureBlueTriton
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » September 8th, 2006, 9:43 am

It's hard to tell but that looks deep. I would take him to the vet if it is.

Could you explain how your dog gets that messed up? Are you supervising your dog when this happens?

It's obvious your neighbor is an idiot because the dog is able to break through the, I assume, electric fence/regular fence so something ain't working right.

Is your dog tethered when this happens? Sounds like you need to put a stop to this as soon as the other dog breaks the fence. That's a lot of scarring.

The other danger is that even though your dog is non responsive, according to you, he might decide he's had enough and retaliate. Your neighbor would probably be a real pain in the ass about it by the sound of it.

I'd remedy this situation asap for your sake your dogs sake and your neighbors dogs sake.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Marinepits » September 8th, 2006, 9:46 am

:shock: Whoa. That looks like a few different things may be going on.....

Possibly a secondary skin infection from the "play bites"? If he's missing hair in spots it could be either mange or a poor diet, or a type of yeast or bacterial infection. This all definitely warrants a vet visit asap.

Good luck and keep us updated.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » September 8th, 2006, 9:49 am

Those look like hot spots. My Munkee can go from clear skin to a nasty hot spot in a matter of minutes, he chews & licks until it looks like that. They can and do get infected. His are caused by allergies.

If I were you, I would put a STOP to this dog breaking through your fence before it gets killed. It doesn't matter who bites who first, your neighbor needs to remedy the problem ASAP or risk a visit from AC ( if it were MY yard).
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby PureBlueTriton » September 8th, 2006, 10:03 am

Everytime the neighbor fixes the fence, there goes her crazy dog again. Looks very much like that dog is not disciplined what so ever. I have called AC on their other dog which BIT me and seems like AC did not follow through with the rules. They let her keep her dog b/c her son was "sad" that they were going to quarantine it. hmm...just my luck for ya. But yet, if my dog were to bite them, it would seem A LOT worse, dont you think? I watch over my dog 24/7. this is the first time i see something like this on him, which leads me to believe it is cause by that dog. Thanks for the advice guys! Off to the vet we go!
PureBlueTriton
Just Whelped

Postby pibblegrl » September 8th, 2006, 10:10 am

What kind of dogs does your neighbor have?

And I would keep complaining to AC-and to anyone else who might possibly light a fire under their tails.
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 12:08 pm

Call 911 every time the dog is in your yard. In New York you can actually shoot a dog that is threatening or causing harm to your dog, other pets or your property. (or so I understand it)

The 911 record will back up your complaints to the ACO.

Is the dog breaking through the same part of the fence every time?

I'd go buy a hot wire and wire that side of the fence so that when it comes through it gets a little "surprise"

Anyway, Riggs gets those spots on his hind legs from his car crate every time we go for a long trip. I don't know why. They heal up competely and the next trip he has them again. He doesn't lick them much though.

Ruby has a sore that looks like that but she won't leave it alone and it won't heal. The vet looked at it when I brought her in for her rabies shot but said not to worry about it.

The coat thinning out would be a concern to me though - have you changed food or added/taken away suppliments recently?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » September 8th, 2006, 12:25 pm

I'd go buy a hot wire and wire that side of the fence so that when it comes through it gets a little "surprise"

This is what I'd do. Above all I'd not let my dog be out and get chewed to crap by the neighbor's dog :shock:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 12:42 pm

msvette2u wrote:

This is what I'd do. Above all I'd not let my dog be out and get chewed to poop by the neighbor's dog :shock:

When your dog snaps and rips the other dog to shreds (it's only a matter of time) it will be your fault even though your dog is in your yard. Your dog could also decide to use the hole that the other dog made and go over then and then you are totally screwed.

Hot wires are not super expensive, and way cheaper than the other dog's vet bills will be. Turn it up high. It won't hurt the dog, and will probably only take one time.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » September 8th, 2006, 1:41 pm

mnp13 wrote:
msvette2u wrote:

This is what I'd do. Above all I'd not let my dog be out and get chewed to poop by the neighbor's dog :shock:

When your dog snaps and rips the other dog to shreds (it's only a matter of time) it will be your fault even though your dog is in your yard. Your dog could also decide to use the hole that the other dog made and go over then and then you are totally screwed.

Hot wires are not super expensive, and way cheaper than the other dog's vet bills will be. Turn it up high. It won't hurt the dog, and will probably only take one time.

Not in Texas. I called about this very thing a couple of years ago ( a neighborhood dog was jumping fences & attacking dogs in their own yard) and was told that as long as the fence containing my dog was in GOOD repair, I would be off the hook if the dog jumped into my yard & was hurt by my dogs. I let the ACO I talked to know I had pit bulls & was concerned not only for MY dogs but for the other dog's safety.

So, repair that fence, KEEP it repaired & get the dog coming into your yard on record. I see you are in Texas, where do you live?

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2006, 2:17 pm

Maybe not in Texas by law but in the realm of public opinion, it will be on her dog.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » September 8th, 2006, 2:21 pm

True.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Nutrition & Health