newby from delaware

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby dukeslimshady » September 6th, 2006, 1:46 pm

HI, MY NAME IS DEBBIE. I LIVE IN DELAWARE. MY PIT IS NAMED DUKE. HE USED TO BELONG TO MY SON,BUT HE GOT INTO DRUGS AND DRINKING AND USED TO TREAT HIM BAD. HE HAS BEEN MY BABY FOR THREE YEARS NOW. I DON'T KNOW WHO HAD HIM BEFORE MY SON. I THINK HE WAS A YEAR OLD WHEN HE GOT HIM. (1998)
dukeslimshady
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » September 6th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Hi! Is Duke your first experience with pit bulls?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dukeslimshady » September 6th, 2006, 2:17 pm

YES, THANK GOD SOMEONE IS ON HERE. I NEED SOME ADVICE. DUKE HAS LIVED WITH ME SINCE 1998. I WAS AFFRAID OF HIM AT THE BEGINIING. I HAD EVEN TOLD MY SON NOT BRING HIM HOME. WELL, HE DID ANYWAY AND I LOVE HIM. THE PROBLEM IS WHEN MY SON WAS ON DRUGS,HE MISTREATED HIM. FINALLY MY SON WENT TO JAIL AND TO A DRUG PROGRAM. HE WAS GONE FOR 2 YEARS. I AHVE ALWAYS BEEN DUKES MOMMY. WELL, WAY BACK DUKE SNAPPED AT MY HUSBAND.TINY BITE. BEFORE MY SON LEFT HE SNAPPE AT HIM AND BIT HIM.NOT BAD BITES. DUKE HAS BEEN FLIGHTY SINCE MY SON TREATED HIM BAD. YOU COULD NEVER SCARE HIM,CAUSE THATS WHEN HE WOULD GROWL. FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS HE HAS BEEN GREAT. I TAUGHT HIM TO SIT,LAY DOWN,ROLL OVER AND GIVE ME FIVE. NO PROBLEMS. LAST WEEK HE BIT MY HUSBAND AND NOW IS GROWLING AT MY SON.MY SON HAS BEEN HOME THREE MONTHS AND NO PROBLEMS.HE WAS FINE IN THE MORNING. I HAVE BEEN KEEPING HIM IN MY FATHERS OLD FARM HOUSE,SO I CAN KEEP AND EYE ON HIM. I LET HIM OUT AND FEED HIM.NOW I AM ALITTLE SCARED OF HIM. HE HAS BEEN FINE WITH ME.BY THE WAY,THE FARMHOUSE HAS ELECTRIC. SO HIS TV IS ON AND HE HAS FOOD WATER,COUCH AND HE CAN GO OUT ON POOCH. HE HAS BEEN FINE WITH ME. WHY WOULD HE TURN ON THEM NOW. MY SON AND HIM HAVE EEN PLAYING OUTSIDE. HE HAS BEEN LOVING TO MY HUSBAND AND SON. WHAT COULD OF MADE HIM CHANGE. I LOVE DUKE. I AM AFFRAID I WILL HAVE TO PUT HIM DOWN. ANY SUGGESTIONS
dukeslimshady
Just Whelped

Postby lellis34 » September 6th, 2006, 5:53 pm

I can't say for sure - and there are plenty of other more qualified and experienced folks on this board - but I'd say he might be reacting to your sons return. If he was abusive to him before then Duke remembers that and could be acting out of fear based agression. I know there's folks here who can maybe refer you to a good trainer who is experienced with the breed. Good luck with Duke.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby dukeslimshady » September 7th, 2006, 7:47 am

thanks for your post. i checked out fear agression and maybe this is what his problem is. i just don't understand why duke has been fine with him for the last 3 months. the only thing that i can think of that happened was when i was taking my son to work one morning last week. duke was sitting on back seat. when i got to the end of our driveway,i put on my brakes andit had been raining. my brakes sort of felt funny and i ripped out f--- g brakes. then duke started growling at my son.who was on front passaenger side. i got out and walkded him to the farmhouse. his hair was up on his back until we were half way to house. maybe he thought my son was going to do something to me.

when do you get acepted to this board.
i want in now. i need to talk no one understands pit bulls.. unlless they have one.
dukeslimshady
Just Whelped

Postby PBT Staff » September 7th, 2006, 11:47 am

PBT Staff

Return to Introductions