IWPA WEIGHT PULL @ SARATOGA N.Y. 9/9&10

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby grizzly » September 4th, 2006, 5:58 pm

to thoses who don't already know i having my first pull of the season in saratoga new york.entry fee is $15 per dog. there will be a separate track for novice where you can train/learn to weight pull.your novice entry will grant you an all day track pass to learn/train and there will be people there who can give advise. at the end of the day(after the pro dog class are over) the now trained novice dogs will have a chance to compete in real compitition style.novice will be split into two classes(A=advanced & B=beginner) . dog who have never been in harness before would be "b"
for a dog to be in the novice "a" class the dog must be able to complete 3 full pulls without help or correction. novice "a" will be run just like the pro class with a weight cap(weight cap will be determined after the pro dogs pull to determin the tracts difficulty level)novice "b" will be capped at 500lbs but you will be able to use your leash and correct your dog to prevent bad habits from forming.

the idea is you start in novice"b"
once your dog is pulling on there own(3 pulls on there own) you will be bumped up to novice "a"

the jump from novice to pro i really have no control over ( any one can choose to pull pro at any time as long as your dog is old enough)
i would strongly suggest not making the jump until your dog maxes out at the novice "a" weight cap on a consistent level.

the reason i am stucturing my novice class this way is to get new dogs up to the pro level and to help raise the level of compitition.this is also a great way for people who don't have the means or equipment to train at home to get into weight pull without making all the mistakes i made triing to figure out the right way to train your dog.

i know there are two other pulls this weekend (stafford CT & enfield CT) but if at all interested in weight pulling my pulls have proven to be very fun and helpful for newbys.

look forward to seeing everyone there!!

Rob Wilson

P.S. entry fee for all novice dogs is $5
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » September 4th, 2006, 9:40 pm

Wow, what a great way to get into weight pulling!!
Purple
I live here

Return to North East