New foster pup- Rat terrier (long post)

Postby bouvierz » August 27th, 2006, 12:06 am

THe two little foster pups I had have been returned to the shelter and adopted. SOOOOOO I am on to a new project. "Spike" is a little rat terrier that came into the shelter. He has been thru hell but he's still very sweet. He had a cryptorchid (only 1 testicle dropped the other was in his abdomen) so when they did his surgery they had to go look for the missing testicle. It almost looks like they spayed him. (My Spanky was a one nut wonder also and it cost me a ton to neuter him :( ! ) Well this little pup needed his teeth cleaned and he also needed to have a few teeth pulled. Little dogs and their crappy teeth! So from what I understand they were pulling a deep rooted tooth that causes a break in this poor dogs jaw. So I took him home to mend. Right now hes asleep on my couch. Ill have to add some pictures later. By the way I dont allow any pets on my couch so that shows you how bad I feel for this little guy. If anyones looking for a small dog let me know. He's great with kids and cats, but he growled and Spanky (Spanky ignored him of course) so well see how he is with other dogs when he feels better.
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby bouvierz » August 27th, 2006, 12:48 am

Oh now I remember why my animals arent allowed on my couch :x !!!!!!!
:rant: The little SHAZIT PUKED ALL OVER MY NEW COUCH!!!!!!
See what I get for being nice :puke:
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 27th, 2006, 1:26 am

Awww poor pukey puppy
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » August 27th, 2006, 10:13 am

I had a Chi/Rat growing up, and I help take care of my parent's current 3!

They are a mad spunky, tenacious breed!! Have fun!

Looking forward to pictures. :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby bouvierz » August 27th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Poor Spike isnt feeling so hot, Im taking him back to work in the morning. He hasn't been keeping anything down and he seems very painful. Ill keep everyone posted. He seems like a really nice dog. So sad he seems so sick.
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby a-bull » August 28th, 2006, 8:23 am

Oh, geeze, what happened I wonder? Poor guy.

Good luck and look forward to hearing he's o.k. :(
a-bull
I live here

Postby bouvierz » September 3rd, 2006, 10:05 pm

Well Spike is feeling much better :D . I took him in to work the other day and a coworker fell in love with him. So she took him home. Spike is off to start his new life with his new Momma.
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » September 3rd, 2006, 10:54 pm

Congratulations!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Rescue