Meet the Meat Bros!!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby SisMorphine » August 21st, 2006, 4:57 pm

Well, it's been a loooooooooong road but I finally have some ratlets!! I lost my last rat, Cattia, well over a year and a half ago now. Last winter, after it had been a year, I decided that I was ready for more rats! After going through a rescue that felt it unecessary to honor the wishes of the kinds of rats I wanted, and being put on a long waiting list of a breeder who then had an outbreak of rat parvo and was in quarantine for most of the spring and summer, I finally found a breeder and got me some rats!

The breeder is actually one of the members of MAD, and I am so psyched to have found her. She had 2 out of 3 of exactly what I wanted. The third I will get from her next litter which is ready to drop soon.

So without further ado, here are the boys!

The blue is Bacon

And the black runt is Veal

I'm lovin' my dumbo boys!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmyangels » August 21st, 2006, 5:20 pm

They are beautiful!!! I wish you all the best with the new additions to your family.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » August 21st, 2006, 7:29 pm

WOW! They are beautiful! I miss my rat babies. :cry:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Purple » August 21st, 2006, 8:27 pm

EEEK!!!!

Holy crap are they cute, I must have Bacon.......
Purple
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » August 21st, 2006, 8:42 pm

so so cute!!! I love them Sis!!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » August 21st, 2006, 9:01 pm

Holy cuteness!!!!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Jenn » August 21st, 2006, 9:44 pm

They really are cute. I love the little black one. Do they bite? :shock:
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » August 22nd, 2006, 7:25 am

JennKBM wrote:Do they bite? :shock:

About as much as your pit bulls do ;)

Nah, they come from a great breeder who really focuses on temperment. They usually get an absurd amount of socialization also, unfortunately with this litter the breeder wasn't with them everyday, and the people who were taking care of them didn't hold Veal enough because he was the runt (not sure if they were afraid of hurting him or what). They always snuggled Bacon, and it shows in his temperment, very easy going. Veal was skittish at first, but after spending the weekend bonding (ie: riding around in my cleavage) he now is the first one to come to the cage door. Very friendly little beasts. I've even gotten some kisses from Bacon :heartbeat:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » August 22nd, 2006, 11:35 am

I am sooo NOT a rat fan but I have to admit those two are cute as hell!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » August 22nd, 2006, 1:32 pm

I just now noticed you named them Bacon, and Veal! :lol3: Good to know they don't bite. Last time I touched someone's hamster it bit me.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » August 22nd, 2006, 1:40 pm

hamsters are a WORLD away from rats :wink: :lol3:
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » August 22nd, 2006, 1:42 pm

lol well it still bit me... ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » August 22nd, 2006, 2:50 pm

JennKBM wrote:I just now noticed you named them Bacon, and Veal! :lol3: Good to know they don't bite. Last time I touched someone's hamster it bit me.

Yeah I can't even count the number of times I've been bitten by hamsters. Mean little creatures. I remember when they would get the shipment of rodents in at my ex's pet store. They would always fight over who had to unpack the hamsters. And whoever did it would wear the big leather cat gloves that they have in vet's offices.
SisMorphine

Postby Vanessa » August 23rd, 2006, 8:01 pm

Oh so sweet! I love them! Congrats Sis. They are wonderful!!!
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby call2arms » August 28th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Bwaaah, they're so damn cute! Makes me ache for some tiny babies!
Those dumbos are just so adorable, and their coloring... :loveU:
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » August 29th, 2006, 7:52 am

call2arms wrote:Bwaaah, they're so damn cute! Makes me ache for some tiny babies!
Those dumbos are just so adorable, and their coloring... :loveU:

Thanks I love their coloring too. I really lucked out with this breeder. Someone who breeds something other than a hooded dumbo?! Almost unheard of around here!

Even though the babies are cute, I am itching for them to get bigger. Right now they're too small to go in their smaller cage and it's driving me nuts! I have a Prevue 4 story cage which doesn't really have huge spacing but both of them could fit through the bars when I first got them home. Now only Veal can fit through the bars. They need to hurry up and grow so they can go in it!

And then, once they're full grown, I have a huge 6 foot ferret cage with solid levels (yay for easier cleaning!). But the bars are pretty far apart on that, really only for full grown males, females could probably squeeze through. Good thing I got boys!
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » August 29th, 2006, 12:07 pm

I am NOT bringing Mark up anytime soon! He still talks about his Rat, Bud.

Instead of a dog, he'll get the Gremlin a Rat.

Should I figure out how to make Rat Packs for you? I have a friend who used to have these packs that she took her rat everywhere in. They had messh ventialtion so she would zip them in when she wanted them to be not noticed and went on her way - no one knew she had a rat in her pack.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » August 29th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Hoyden wrote:I am NOT bringing Mark up anytime soon! He still talks about his Rat, Bud.

Should I figure out how to make Rat Packs for you? I have a friend who used to have these packs that she took her rat everywhere in. They had messh ventialtion so she would zip them in when she wanted them to be not noticed and went on her way - no one knew she had a rat in her pack.

I was going to say "no" since they ride around in my cleavage . . . but I'm thinking maybe yes. These boys are going to get BIG plus in a little over a month I'll be adding a third one in so they definitely can't all fit in my cleavage!!
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » August 29th, 2006, 12:30 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Hoyden wrote:I am NOT bringing Mark up anytime soon! He still talks about his Rat, Bud.

I was going to say "no" since they ride around in my cleavage . . . but I'm thinking maybe yes. These boys are going to get BIG plus in a little over a month I'll be adding a third one in so they definitely can't all fit in my cleavage!!

BWAAAHHHHAAAAA

I just had the RUDEST thought! You know the bodice buddies from the Renaissance Faire? The little creatures that the wenches shoved into their cleavage?

You need to come to the faire with the youngest rat as your bodice buddy. Just stay away from the Raptor show, they might think you're serving them a snack in grand style.

I had a furry pair of hands that held onto the edge of my bodice with the arms submerged in cleavage a couple years ago.
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members