HELP ME

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby pitbull lovers2 » August 26th, 2006, 10:27 pm

My hubby and i have seriusly been considering moving. unfortanitly everywhere we look there is some sort of restrictions that are just so outraguse we can't even deal with it. if anyone knows of a nice calm place please let me know. I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY BABIES!!! we were considering ohio but 'thank you' to a member on here who let me know it is terriable over there!! please if anyone can help it just seems to be everywhere!! :x idon't know what to do :cry:
BAN STUPIED PEOPLE

NOT THE DOGS
pitbull lovers2
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » August 26th, 2006, 10:32 pm

Come to Texas. So far we are safe here, there was a bill introduced last year but it was defeated.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Magnolia618 » August 26th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Where do you live? NYS is BSL free!
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby jlewin » August 27th, 2006, 7:48 am

CT is mostly safe. i believe bsl was recently passed in one town though.
jlewin
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » August 27th, 2006, 10:10 am

Massachusetts has been great so far.
a-bull
I live here

Postby prinpoms » August 27th, 2006, 10:31 am

same with New Hampshire
PitBull Momma
prinpoms
Just Whelped

Postby pitgrrl » August 27th, 2006, 5:46 pm

a-bull wrote:Massachusetts has been great so far.

What about Boston?
pitgrrl
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » August 27th, 2006, 7:14 pm

pitgrrl wrote:
a-bull wrote:Massachusetts has been great so far.

What about Boston?

The City of Boston has some restrictions. Although no restrictions would be best, they aren't extreme---and Boston is one of the few places in Mass.

("Fanciers will recall that Boston's ordinance requires pit bull owners to have their dogs spayed or neutered and registered with the city. Pit bulls are defined as American Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, or any mix of those breeds. The ordinance also limits residents to two pit bulls and requires owners to leash and muzzle their dogs when in public. Additionally, owners must display a sign on their property stating that a pit bull is located on the premises. Exemptions are provided for animals participating in dog shows, but they may not remain in the city for longer than two weeks.")~from the AKC website

Oh, also I've heard grumblings out of Fall River, Mass.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Purple » August 27th, 2006, 7:52 pm

PA is ok so far, too!
Purple
I live here

Postby Samthepit » August 28th, 2006, 12:48 am

I'm new to all of this but I'm pretty sure if u stay out of detroit ( who would want to live there anyway blech - sorry if anyone here does :oops: ) you're all good. Don't know if u would have a job if u came here.... :shocker: but u can keep ur dogs.
Sarah Broadwater
"who's behavior do you answer for?"
Samthepit
Just Whelped

Postby Sarahdee » August 29th, 2006, 2:06 pm

pitbull lovers2 wrote:My hubby and i have seriusly been considering moving. unfortanitly everywhere we look there is some sort of restrictions that are just so outraguse we can't even deal with it. if anyone knows of a nice calm place please let me know. I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY BABIES!!! we were considering ohio but 'thank you' to a member on here who let me know it is terriable over there!! please if anyone can help it just seems to be everywhere!! :x idon't know what to do :cry:

Hey there you can come to Pittsburgh!!
Its alot of fun here, and there are no restrictions on bullies and there never will be.
Pennsylvania does not have any breed bans.
Sarahdee
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL